IGNORED

Arouna Kone

But we paid the money...and he's playing.

Paid Kone's fee...aaaand....he can't play.

If he doesn't play for our first team ever again (possible) and he runs his current contract down, would you still see him as a great purchase Haf?

Depends how you look at it - being more satisfied with the £80k you spent on a Ferrari that is temperamental rather than the £7k Ford Mondeo run around that you have had in the garage.

Put it this way, if Kone comes back and nets a few key goals and contributes to the team and shows his fitness then I don't think many will worry too much about the £6m.

Ironically the opposite reasons as to why everyone is excited about Lukaku - that he is 21 and despite spending £28m on him we will sell him for £40m plus..... will that really happen??? I don't think so - I doubt anyone would pay £28m for him

Players get respect for playing for the shirt - not just playing every week.

Kone seems to have more respect despite putting on the shirt 6 times for us with 0 return than a kid who is our current top scorer and top scorer for last year.

We still havent spent 28m on him, we paid 23m plus 5 on conditions. Well, I guess if you include the alleged 5m loan fee last year we have. If he continues to score like he has done in the past and the way the market is going, yes we will make a profit. If we end up paying 28m it will be because he has helped earn that extra 5m for Chelsea, which means he has helped us to bigger and better things, both in club success and financially too. As our current top scorer and last seasons top scorer, I'd say he is on his way to do that. Koné, because of his injury, is not contributing enough.

The big difference is that with Rom we have an investment for the next decade if we want him and if he fulfills his potential, along with Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Oviedo and Barkley who are all 24 or under, he is part of the long-term future. Kone, no matter how you want to paint it, is not.

Anyway. I still want him to do well here, its good news that hes scored and he can still do a job over the next 2-3 years (if we extend his contract past June 2016)

Kone seems to have more respect despite putting on the shirt 6 times for us with 0 return than a kid who is our current top scorer and top scorer for last year.

We still havent spent 28m on him, we paid 23m plus 5 on conditions. Well, I guess if you include the alleged 5m loan fee last year we have. If he continues to score like he has done in the past and the way the market is going, yes we will make a profit. If we end up paying 28m it will be because he has helped earn that extra 5m for Chelsea, which means he has helped us to bigger and better things, both in club success and financially too. As our current top scorer and last seasons top scorer, I'd say he is on his way to do that. Koné, because of his injury, is not contributing enough.

The big difference is that with Rom we have an investment for the next decade if we want him and if he fulfills his potential, along with Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Oviedo and Barkley who are all 24 or under, he is part of the long-term future. Kone, no matter how you want to paint it, is not.

Anyway. I still want him to do well here, its good news that hes scored and he can still do a job over the next 2-3 years (if we extend his contract past June 2016)

Its not respect - its called being "fair". He will get judged when he playes as do all the players - the fact that he has been out with a major injury picked up playing for our team means he deserves that at the very least - rather than over 12 months of "he is not good enough"- within which time he has had no opportunity to change that.

£28m is not a justification in being "top goalscorer" - 13 goals would have got us that on more than a couple of occassions. £28m is a club record fee. The last time we spent a club record fee on a 21 year old after a world cup was for Alan Ball. Now that puts things into perspective...

Look at facts then.

We paid £6m for a player that hasn't played in 18 months. Injured or not. That money so far has been wasted.

One goal in the U21's is not a reason for everyone to rescind those remarks/judgements.

But thats hindsight for you... If he hadnt of got injured so early on we dont know how good (or bad) he might have been.

Yes the money has been wasted in hindsight but at the time it was a solid buy.

Its not respect - its called being "fair". He will get judged when he playes as do all the players - the fact that he has been out with a major injury picked up playing for our team means he deserves that at the very least - rather than over 12 months of "he is not good enough"- within which time he has had no opportunity to change that.

£28m is not a justification in being "top goalscorer" - 13 goals would have got us that on more than a couple of occassions. £28m is a club record fee. The last time we spent a club record fee on a 21 year old after a world cup was for Alan Ball. Now that puts things into perspective...

The fee again?! :crying: And another completely irrelevant comparision?! :crying:

The point is, Koné has done the the square root of fuck all on the pitch since he joined, yet you defend him to the hilt if any criticism comes his way. For our top scorer, the lad responsible for 35% of our goals last season, you give 95% criticism, 5% praise. Explain how that is fair. But if you're going to, quote me back in the Lukaku thread so we don't do this dance in another thread ;)

The fee again?! :crying: And another completely irrelevant comparision?! :crying:

The point is, Koné has done the the square root of fuck all on the pitch since he joined, yet you defend him to the hilt if any criticism comes his way. For our top scorer, the lad responsible for 35% of our goals last season, you give 95% criticism, 5% praise. Explain how that is fair. But if you're going to, quote me back in the Lukaku thread so we don't do this dance in another thread ;)

If after playing more than 90 minutes, Kone shows a touch as useless as Lukaku and the same laziness you have my word I will slate him despite being £22m cheaper to prove that it's irrelevant of price.

But I am pretty certain I won't have to wonder why fans are waxing lyrical about a player who is a "beast" despite being something of the contrary. At the end of the day it's arouna Kone, a bit boring.

Move to Lukaku thread.

Edited by Hafnia

If after playing more than 90 minutes, Kone shows a touch as useless as Lukaku and the same laziness you have my word I will slate him despite being £22m cheaper to prove that it's irrelevant of price.

But I am pretty certain I won't have to wonder why fans are waxing lyrical about a player who is a "beast" despite being something of the contrary. At the end of the day it's arouna Kone, a bit boring.

Move to Lukaku thread.

price tag again :doh: I expect better of you mate.

Staying on track, Kone has played more than 90minutes and, as a striker, failed in his bread n butter task of putting the ball in the net.

Despite me trying to prove a point, I still hope Kone comes back and makes an impact. God help me if he scores :lol:

price tag again :doh: I expect better of you mate.

Staying on track, Kone has played more than 90minutes and, as a striker, failed in his bread n butter task of putting the ball in the net.

Despite me trying to prove a point, I still hope Kone comes back and makes an impact. God help me if he scores :lol:

Price tag is relevant and no it's not Lukakus fault. The price tag is as relevant as the £30m over draft that we saddled ourselves with that knackered us up for years.

If Lukaku cost £15m then his development needs and risk would be bearable. We could take a hit to the tune of £5m, fine. Despite his inability to play link up football and pass etc he is a bloody good finisher.

£28m or whatever it is from £22m onwards is a joke of a fee. It will become more relevant when we are on here whinging at transfer deadline day signings being no more than a few loans or young prospects. Maybe Mr Elstone will further that frustration by revealing as so when McCarthy gets sold to give RM a few bob to spend.

Price tag is relevant and no it's not Lukakus fault. The price tag is as relevant as the £30m over draft that we saddled ourselves with that knackered us up for years.

If Lukaku cost £15m then his development needs and risk would be bearable. We could take a hit to the tune of £5m, fine. Despite his inability to play link up football and pass etc he is a bloody good finisher.

£28m or whatever it is from £22m onwards is a joke of a fee. It will become more relevant when we are on here whinging at transfer deadline day signings being no more than a few loans or young prospects. Maybe Mr Elstone will further that frustration by revealing as so when McCarthy gets sold to give RM a few bob to spend.

:blink: you could be a politician the way you dodge, ignore and twist things!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-striker-arouna-kone-8268282

As much as I enjoy winding Haf up over Kone, I genuinely hope he does well. Everton is what matters to me, so no matter my personal opinion on a player I back them once they pull on an Everton shirt. After all, if an Everton player is doing well then that makes it more likely that Everton are doing well.

Probably Arouna has got a really strong back to play, he is someone that can give you a real focal point and you can play high up the pitch, he’s a finisher, a clinical finisher, he has real pace and power.

“He is a mixture of what Sam and Rom do each.

This is what I seen in him as a player - however I would say more Naismith than Eto. He is very good at handling centre halves, he is a good athlete and is strong, I seen him destroy Heitinga and Jags with his pace and strength a couple of times. I don't think he is a clinical finisher - he can finish, but he's not near Rom in that category.

Really looking forward to seeing him tonight. The lad deserves a bit of luck after his awful injury.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-striker-arouna-kone-8268282

As much as I enjoy winding Haf up over Kone, I genuinely hope he does well. Everton is what matters to me, so no matter my personal opinion on a player I back them once they pull on an Everton shirt. After all, if an Everton player is doing well then that makes it more likely that Everton are doing well.

Agreed...always got my full backing and hope he makes me look a right tit

Yep, I'll ech that, thousand percent.