IGNORED

Arouna Kone

One bad game and he was completely written off as a waste of money. Now, thankfully back after a major injury: One good game and he's not only better than Lukaku but the team's potential messiah. I've been a consistent supporter of Kone throughout, but let's not get carried away. I seriously wish him well, but only time will tell whether he can repeat his goalscoring abilities from previous seasons.

One bad game and he was completely written off as a waste of money. Now, thankfully back after a major injury: One good game and he's not only better than Lukaku but the team's potential messiah. I've been a consistent supporter of Kone throughout, but let's not get carried away. I seriously wish him well, but only time will tell whether he can repeat his goalscoring abilities from previous seasons.

Of course he can. The bloke can walk on water. Then he splits it, walks through it and later turns it into wine.

I'd like to see him and Lukaku together.

Same here I don't think having one upfront is beneficial at all with Lukaku not being the quickest or being able to use his strength to his full advantage he needs someone to create pockets of space

Kone has better movement for me and also with the lack of creativity we seem to have at the moment he's an effective target man

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to the lad, I thought his performance would be a shot in the arse for lukaku but he just didn't seem to give a shit really. Showed more energy having his little happy catch up with tiote at the end of the match.

Martinez should have taken Eto off if he wanted to bring lazy arse on, kone was doing the donkey work very well.

Well done to the lad, I thought his performance would be a shot in the arse for lukaku but he just didn't seem to give a shit really. Showed more energy having his little happy catch up with tiote at the end of the match.

Martinez should have taken Eto off if he wanted to bring lazy arse on, kone was doing the donkey work very well.

He started very well and took his goal amazingly well. Thought he faded but agree, he was better than Eto'o. Suffered from lack of service though.

He started very well and took his goal amazingly well. Thought he faded but agree, he was better than Eto'o. Suffered from lack of service though.

To play the way martinez wants us to it needs to involve lone up front. He holds up the ball.

So fuckin pissed off right now. Fannying around with the ball at the back. Just get it cleared to Kone and press the other team.

A very promising start for him. I agree with the last sentence the most; until we sort out what's happening behind the striker it's really not going to matter who we're playing upfront.

A very promising start for him. I agree with the last sentence the most; until we sort out what's happening behind the striker it's really not going to matter who we're playing upfront.

I've been saying it since the beginning of the season, lack of service has been our biggest issue. No creativity or imagination.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its interesting isn't it. Not that i'm bigging Kone up, he's a budget level squad player who offers us decent option in linking up play but he has scored 1 goal in 14 fragmented appearances, not really getting a consistent run of games in order to find his feet, but I recall Rom scoring 1 in 11 games...

Its clear that the "I didn't want him in the first place" look at these stats and the odd performance where his passing has been off as justification for that opinion.

For me he is no different to what Borini is to Liverpool (£10m). Its a mindset, some players aren't allowed to have poor games, and some are excused. He isn't allowed to have a poor game.

There is an element of snobbery with football fans - Naismith was subject to it, and still is in some regard, Kone is subject to it. Yet I will say right now 2 of the worst 3 individual performances I have seen from an Everton player this season was Lukaku - against Leicester and Palace. Number 1 was alcaraz vs kiev.

But he is allowed to have these performances.... its development etc etc, not really, he missed complete and utter sitters. The types of sitters that sit worse than the 2 that Kone had in his early Everton games.

This isn't me flaming Rom, its me identifying that certain players will always be the boo boys.

Its interesting isn't it. Not that i'm bigging Kone up, he's a budget level squad player who offers us decent option in linking up play but he has scored 1 goal in 14 fragmented appearances, not really getting a consistent run of games in order to find his feet, but I recall Rom scoring 1 in 11 games...

Its clear that the "I didn't want him in the first place" look at these stats and the odd performance where his passing has been off as justification for that opinion.

For me he is no different to what Borini is to Liverpool (£10m). Its a mindset, some players aren't allowed to have poor games, and some are excused. He isn't allowed to have a poor game.

There is an element of snobbery with football fans - Naismith was subject to it, and still is in some regard, Kone is subject to it. Yet I will say right now 2 of the worst 3 individual performances I have seen from an Everton player this season was Lukaku - against Leicester and Palace. Number 1 was alcaraz vs kiev.

But he is allowed to have these performances.... its development etc etc, not really, he missed complete and utter sitters. The types of sitters that sit worse than the 2 that Kone had in his early Everton games.

This isn't me flaming Rom, its me identifying that certain players will always be the boo boys.

You do realize you could use that entire argument against your OTT criticism of Rom too?

The differences between them are quite clear; one is still developing, one still scores even when missing sitters. The other doesn't score and is already long in the tooth.

I really wanted Koné to succeed, he may still. But his performances have been shocking in reality, and with no positive contribution to the games for the most part.

One positive, with this form he's unlikely to get picked for AFCON so we'll have an extra body Jan-March 2016 :)

You do realize you could use that entire argument against your OTT criticism of Rom too?

The differences between them are quite clear; one is still developing, one still scores even when missing sitters. The other doesn't score and is already long in the tooth.

I really wanted Koné to succeed, he may still. But his performances have been shocking in reality, and with no positive contribution to the games for the most part.

One positive, with this form he's unlikely to get picked for AFCON so we'll have an extra body Jan-March 2016 :)

It's not over the top criticism, its called telling people what they see but do not wish to accept.

I know a lad who spent £300 on a driver (golf), he has used it for enough rounds now and has a sky mark on it so it would only get him £80 if he sold it - he keeps telling us its the best money he's spent - the reality is that he used his unfashionable 2007 driver much more accurately, not as long but he gets better scores with it.

The snob in him can't be seen with a 2007 Cobra driver with a tatty headcover, he wants his £300 titleist to be the marquee club in his bag. He knows when he hits it well it looks the business, but he doesn't do that enough and when it counts. He goes on about the potential of this club when he gets used to it....

He wants his old driver to be useless, its worth next to nothing and can be scrapped, as it happens he knows he can't chuck it away because his expensive one is too inconsistent.

It's not over the top criticism, its called telling people what they see but do not wish to accept.

I know a lad who spent £300 on a driver (golf), he has used it for enough rounds now and has a sky mark on it so it would only get him £80 if he sold it - he keeps telling us its the best money he's spent - the reality is that he used his unfashionable 2007 driver much more accurately, not as long but he gets better scores with it.

The snob in him can't be seen with a 2007 Cobra driver with a tatty headcover, he wants his £300 titleist to be the marquee club in his bag. He knows when he hits it well it looks the business, but he doesn't do that enough and when it counts. He goes on about the potential of this club when he gets used to it....

He wants his old driver to be useless, its worth next to nothing and can be scrapped, as it happens he knows he can't chuck it away because his expensive one is too inconsistent.

Nice analogy, but it doesn't cover up the fact that Kone has been awful, missed sitters, and scored the square root of fuck all. Even when Lukaku was poor (nowhere near as poor as you've claimed) he was still scoring, contributing etc.

Theres still a few games to go, so I hope Arouna picks up. Rom is apparently 50/50 for the weekend so Koné has a chance to prove his worth. I've still got faith but it is quickly fading with every wayward pass, every scuffed/skied/shite shot and every dawdling about moments we've seen from him so far.

Nice analogy, but it doesn't cover up the fact that Kone has been awful, missed sitters, and scored the square root of fuck all. Even when Lukaku was poor (nowhere near as poor as you've claimed) he was still scoring, contributing etc.

Theres still a few games to go, so I hope Arouna picks up. Rom is apparently 50/50 for the weekend so Koné has a chance to prove his worth. I've still got faith but it is quickly fading with every wayward pass, every scuffed/skied/shite shot and every dawdling about moments we've seen from him so far.

I actually think he is just a goal and a run of games away from being in a good place. After a decent game against newcastle he was dropped, the same in europa, I think he needs counselling along with Robles.

I actually think he is just a goal and a run of games away from being in a good place. After a decent game against newcastle he was dropped, the same in europa, I think he needs counselling along with Robles.

Hope so to, before my faith runs out.

And I owe him a short apology, he has scored for us and it was a classy finish too.

Apart from the fact he has only scored 1 goal in 19 appearances, he has yet to register a single assist so what exactly is it that you think we are all missing?

Apart from the fact he has only scored 1 goal in 19 appearances, he has yet to register a single assist so what exactly is it that you think we are all missing?

I like the use of "appearances" when criticising a player who rarely starts a game - it gives the impression that they have played nearly 2000 minutes of football when in actual fact it is the sum total of 7 full games....

I like the use of "appearances" when criticising a player who rarely starts a game - it gives the impression that they have played nearly 2000 minutes of football when in actual fact it is the sum total of 7 full games....

Haf Im not trying to imply he has had anywhere near 2000 minutes of game time, I was merely pointing out that unlike Lukaku, he isn't offering anything to the team

I don't understand how you can be so quick to get on Lukakus back, a young forward who is still learning his trade yet is scoring freely and weighing in with his fair share of assists, yet your up in arms if anyone criticises Kone, a veteran , injury prone forward with just 1 goal and no assists

Maybe you just need somebody to tell you what you are actually seeing but don't wish to accept