IGNORED

Arouna Kone

Lets hope he gets 20 minutes or so at the end.

After him being out for so long and playing 45mins only last night, I'd prefer him not to tbh. Not if we want to limit the risk of re-injury.

I'd think he's been included in the travelling squad just to get him used to being around the side for away games, and all it entails.

It's clear as day that Roberto knows what the lad can bring and even with the emergence of Naismith and addition of Lukaku and Eto since we signed him RM is keen to get him involved.

As I say, I watched him a fair few times for Wigan, and without being a fox in the box - he is a very effective forward in terms of holding up the ball, and using his athleticism. He is the type of player who will supplement Eto and Lukaku's goalscoring instincts.

I do fear that this injury will have taken a yard of pace, but fingers crossed he can make a decent contribution for us. At least just to patch him up and sell him on for a few million if needs be.

It's clear as day that Roberto knows what the lad can bring and even with the emergence of Naismith and addition of Lukaku and Eto since we signed him RM is keen to get him involved.

As I say, I watched him a fair few times for Wigan, and without being a fox in the box - he is a very effective forward in terms of holding up the ball, and using his athleticism. He is the type of player who will supplement Eto and Lukaku's goalscoring instincts.

I do fear that this injury will have taken a yard of pace, but fingers crossed he can make a decent contribution for us. At least just to patch him up and sell him on for a few million if needs be.

He was very much a fox in the box for Wigan, and PSV looking through youtube:

In fact, looking back at his goals, he is very similar to Rom in terms of ability to finish and being in the right place at the right time. We need to play more of these defence splitting passes!

Edited by Matt

Whats the odds on him getting back for ACON then getting injured again?

6m - 6 apps - 0 goals. 18 months to go on a 3 year contract. Sad reading.

Come on, Arouna. Despite all this, I still want him to do well although I really don't know when he is going to play, even if he is fit.

He was very much a fox in the box for Wigan, and PSV looking through youtube:

In fact, looking back at his goals, he is very similar to Rom in terms of ability to finish and being in the right place at the right time. We need to play more of these defence splitting passes!

Thanks for posting this video. With all the criticism he's faced for being injured, it's nice to remember that Kone really is a good goalscorer.