IGNORED

Arouna Kone

I would like to see this thread lively when the lad isn't being judged on glimpses at Wigan and less than 90 minutes for Everton.

Stats suggest this lad is better than his battered for no good reason reputation.

For every overrated fan favourite who has plied his trade at a club giving him an elevated status, there has to be some poor sod who hasn't had a fair crack of the whip who's doomed before he starts.

The few minutes he played for us he was garbage

This isn't true. I remember reading here statistics from the games he played for Everton last season, and they were among the best on the team for things like number of passes, percentage pass completion, and number of chances created. He played very well. Sadly, though, all people seem to see are his misses, which is very unfair.

Well you can have your opinion of me. I'm not really arsed if truth be known what you think and I 'm not going to repeat myself again and say why I don 't like him.

If you care to go back and re read I said I wasn't a fan when I watched him at Wigan so have not just based an opinion on him missing a few sitters and getting injured.

Point is, if you don't like my opinion, don 't read it it's that simple really.

This will also be the last time I post in this thread so maybe it's best left as it is.

I don't have an opinion on you either way in all honesty, just debating a footballer, nothing more, nothing less.

I just don't like it when people label players based on little or no analysis. You have said he is shit and garbage but given no actual reason other than his injury record and his price tag. Even if you had just said the colour of his hair then I might have agreed with you :)

Anyway, each to their own, I'll back back to gloat when he picks up the Ballon D'or next spring! :67:

Definitely need him to return. Similar physically to Rom and his presence may light a fire under his arse.

Hilarious how some fans are, a £28m player gave a pretty anonymous performance yesterday and gets away with criticism. This lad cost £6m and gets all sorts of shit.

Definitely need him to return. Similar physically to Rom and his presence may light a fire under his arse.

Hilarious how some fans are, a £28m player gave a pretty anonymous performance yesterday and gets away with criticism. This lad cost £6m and gets all sorts of shit.

Yes but to be fair to Rom, he didn't miss an open goal from six yards out like kone did. He wasn't laid up in front of goal once yesterday.

• 1 month later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-striker-arouna-kone-7899502

Doesn't sound good that he is still feeling pain over 12 months after the injury

Bit ridiculous that Martinez said he had a chance of playing in the last game of the season, and come October he's still not ready for the bench. Just a slight misjudgement there!

Yep I'm a believer in Kone. It would just be nice to have another striker available. The sooner the better for me. He even another option out wide If we're desperate.

I just hope his career isn't over. That article doesn't sound too good tbh. If he's 30% away from being pain free after 12 months out then surely there's still an underlying issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Anything knew on this one?? Bit disappointed with the lack of updates here from the club, must have had a set back after his U21's as I don't think he had featured for them since?

Martinez says he'll be available for selection after the Burnley game. How long after the Burnley game could be another story entirely though :lol: !

Martinez says he'll be available for selection after the Burnley game. How long after the Burnley game could be another story entirely though :lol: !

Thanks mate!! Haha it seems that way a bit now doesn't it! I really hope to see him again, would make a great story if he came back and banged goals in for fun!