IGNORED

Arouna Kone

I have no idea how that wasn't given. The red had a perfect view and it was as blatant as you'll see!

Defence has looked very bad, as I've said in the U21s thread.

I thought the midfield and defence were pretty bad in defence. Back four too deep and the midfield got caught trying to cover too much ground.

Browning especially was worrying, he didnt read the play at all well. He was clumsy and slow to react. I was expecting to see him boss it. The RB looked solid enough, two assists (ish) and defensively he looked sound (albeit I only watched the 2nd half).

I didnt like the look of the Williams guy in midfield. He was tidy enough but he looked a bit of a headless chicken. Ledson was more organised and looked in control and played some nice passes but could have done with some help. On the wings, Dowd looked quite handy considering he has only just turned 17. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

The 3 older players in McAlaney, Kone and Oviedo did well, and you could see they had that extra bit of class about them. Generally when the ball came to them it stuck a lot better than it did with some of the younger lads. Oviedo did what you expect from him in a LW role. Nothing special but did his job. Kone showed there is still a player there. Nice movement, some of his touches were excellent and it was a very nice finish too. He didnt put a huge shift in but he needs to build up his fitness. McAlaney did quite well too and looked to have bulked up a little. I dont know if it was just because he was up against younger players but there was a bit more to him compared to when I saw him last. His generally hold up play was decent enough, movement good and his finish was excellent at the end as well. After the game Ossie said that he is a very clinical finisher, especially in training, so it will be interesting to see whether he gets used at any point in the first team this season, maybe against Krasnodar.

Oh sorry for sticking up for a player who has been slated with less than 90 minutes under his belt in the prem.

You could go on other forums and talk about camels etc.

I think he'll be a decent acquisition if he can get fit. However like Gibbo (who gets no sympathy) it's looking unlikely.

I think he'll be a decent acquisition if he can get fit. However like Gibbo (who gets no sympathy) it's looking unlikely.

Ffs let it go. No one says Gibson is a bad player, it's just you trying to make out he's far better than what he is. He's a good player. It's been said many a time.

To be fair haf you say to him let it go over Gibson yet you couldn't wait to jump in here cos kone scored a goal and have a dig at people who don't rate him..

Lukaku would have been lucky if he had scored it ;)

Big difference between Kone and practically any other player that gets criticism is that Kone had less than 90 minutes prem time after a small pre season. Let alone the fact that he was slated as some £6m extortionate striker before a ball had even been kicked.

My criticism of Lukaku has been founded over 45 games.

At the end of the day, so many fans have invested so much unjustified criticism at Kone - its it because we have Eto, Lukaku and Naismith its ok to take the mickey out of a player who suffered a career threatening injury playing for our team?

For me it just smacks of fickle fan bullying. If he gets fit, plays 10 games for us and gives the ball away to opposition midfielders left right and centre and strolls around miscontrolling the ball and basically contributing very little, then I will be the first to slate him. Until then, be happy that the lad seems to be emerging from what must have been a horrible period in his career.

As a side note - its a bit embarasassing that Everton fans are critical of a player who picked up a serious injury right at the start of his Everton career, when you can look at Pierluigi Casiraghi did all the Chelsea fans start slating him as a waste of money?

No, because they knew that he would have been a great player for them (which I did at the time - its just that a collision with Shaka Hislop ended his career).

The reality is loads of Everton fans seen Kone as the striker for a club that got relegated that cost a whopping £6m and never wanted him, his injury and 2 missed sitters were all they needed to justify their stance.

As a side note - its a bit embarasassing that Everton fans are critical of a player who picked up a serious injury right at the start of his Everton career, when you can look at Pierluigi Casiraghi did all the Chelsea fans start slating him as a waste of money?

No, because they knew that he would have been a great player for them (which I did at the time - its just that a collision with Shaka Hislop ended his career).

The reality is loads of Everton fans seen Kone as the striker for a club that got relegated that cost a whopping £6m and never wanted him, his injury and 2 missed sitters were all they needed to justify their stance.

I looked back through this thread the other day. 90% of the people on here were pissed because of his age (no sell on value) and the transfer fee. Missing sitters just added insult to impending injury.

It would be nice if someone else who plays week in, week out got the same amount of respect as someone who hasn't played for 18months and never scored for us.

I looked back through this thread the other day. 90% of the people on here were pissed because of his age (no sell on value) and the transfer fee. Missing sitters just added insult to impending injury.

It would be nice if someone else who plays week in, week out got the same amount of respect as someone who hasn't played for 18months and never scored for us.

Ironically the opposite reasons as to why everyone is excited about Lukaku - that he is 21 and despite spending £28m on him we will sell him for £40m plus..... will that really happen??? I don't think so - I doubt anyone would pay £28m for him

Players get respect for playing for the shirt - not just playing every week.