IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Bet you anything it's Barca fans getting pissy at one of their former golden boys wanting to emulate Real Madrid's current star in Ronaldo. Anyone complaining wouldn't have read past the headline either I imagine.

He needs to add goals to his game, then we can start talking. Up to now he's more of a very good one trick pony.

I think Deulofeu can be really good in a few years, but at the moment Lennon is leaving him out of the side with his excellent workrate.

He needs to add goals to his game, then we can start talking. Up to now he's more of a very good one trick pony.

I think Deulofeu can be really good in a few years, but at the moment Lennon is leaving him out of the side with his excellent workrate.

One trick pony? Really?

When he first came here on loan he was a "One trick pony", and if by trick you mean being able to beat a man like he said something disparaging about his lineage.

Since he has returned his crossing has improved greatly as has his end product, while not perfect he is getting better. He has also chipped in with the odd goal, this part of hos game will also develop with experience.

WE are lucky to have Lennon, Deulofeu and Mirallas in our squad.

I can see where Kant is coming from though, Gerry has learnt to cross much better but he needs to learn another trick or two.

He is getting better all the time and is an exciting player. Can't wait to see him again.

I wish he'd be a bit more greedy tbh. Every time he gets the ball he wants to give it to Lukaku or. Barkley, even when he's in a great position to go himself.

I wish he'd be a bit more greedy tbh. Every time he gets the ball he wants to give it to Lukaku or. Barkley, even when he's in a great position to go himself.

When he first came here I though nobody had taught him how to pass the ball as never gave the ball to anybody else.

Learning when to pass and when to keep it takes time.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Deulofeu is Martinez's new Mirallas - another player of quality going to waste -

Our most creative player has now become our newest best bench warmer - taking over from Mirallas who now gets the odd look-in lately -

Lennon has been good but what has Mirallas done wrong? or is it another case of bad attitude for the lack of a better reason - or talking to the press - naughty boy -

We will lose both Mirallas and Deulefeu in the summer if Martinez keep wasting their obvious talent on the bench - Cleverly and Lennon would not have been preferred had they not been English - my opinion

It looks like Deulofeu is Martinez's new Mirallas - another player of quality going to waste -

Our most creative player has now become our newest best bench warmer - taking over from Mirallas who now gets the odd look-in lately -

Lennon has been good but what has Mirallas done wrong? or is it another case of bad attitude for the lack of a better reason - or talking to the press - naughty boy -

We will lose both Mirallas and Deulefeu in the summer if Martinez keep wasting their obvious talent on the bench - Cleverly and Lennon would not have been preferred had they not been English - my opinion

By that logic how is Oviedo keeping Baines out of the team?

because Baines is a huge defensive risk - and things have gone much better defensively since Baines and Stones have been dropped

Del and Mirallas are a much much bigger goal threat and creative pairing than Lennon and Cleverly - look at their stats over the last 4 seasons - clear for all to see

So people are being picked on ability rather than nationality at left back and nationality ahead of ability elsewhere.

Makes perfect sense.

because Baines is a huge defensive risk - and things have gone much better defensively since Baines and Stones have been dropped

Del and Mirallas are a much much bigger goal threat and creative pairing than Lennon and Cleverly - look at their stats over the last 4 seasons - clear for all to see

But haven't our results been much better since Lennon and Cleverley have been back?

Surely that's a reason for them to stay in the team?

I'd say we'd done much better defensively since Stones and Howard were out of the team. You can't include Baines for this season, he's been injured for most of it.

I'd agree and disagree at the same time with Geri and Kev vs Lennon and TC - Lennon has been assisting and scoring, TC overs an engine all over the pitch which has no doubt helped us defensively. Geri and Kev might be more creative but fact is, we concede more when they've been on the pitch too.

I actually think Roberto is rotating a bit because of the busy Christmas schedule, at least for Geri as I can't remember a performance that warrented being dropped. Funny how Rom's goal scoring suffered at the same time as Geri being out of the team, but others have stepped up to chip in so it's not as damaging.

I'd agree and disagree at the same time with Geri and Kev vs Lennon and TC - Lennon has been assisting and scoring, TC overs an engine all over the pitch which has no doubt helped us defensively. Geri and Kev might be more creative but fact is, we concede more when they've been on the pitch too.

I think TC is playing because he reinforces the CM. He is a solid player, but he adds to CM instead of having wing play on the left.

Our game is pretty much sided to the right now. Lennon is leaving Geri out on form purely, he's everywhere and doing well. Why should it not be the case? It helps as well that Coleman bombs forward as much as he can.

I also think that's the reason why Oviedo is playing ahead of Baines: without a special focus on the left side of the attack, Baines doesn't add that much and he's a worse defender than Oviedo because he's getting slow.

Baines offers a lot more than most people see.

Baines is a Martinez Player, great ball retention, excellent passing and confidence flowing from him.

Without Pienaar though, there's no-one on the same wavelength.

But that's due to his intelligence and not others being better.

Absolutely agree

Fairly sure the natural order will soon be resumed but you can't change a back 5 that's not conceding goals

Baines offers a lot more than most people see.

Baines is a Martinez Player, great ball retention, excellent passing and confidence flowing from him.

Without Pienaar though, there's no-one on the same wavelength.

But that's due to his intelligence and not others being better.

I don't say he doesn't offer a lot. I like Baines as a player.

What I say is that the three attributes you mention are excellent to use on offense. If you consider running the bulk of play through the right, the left side suddenly does not need this style. Oviedo is faster, more mobile, and is also quite decent with the ball.

Deulofeu is also a Martinez Player (brought here and given confidence here after a dismal loan spell at Sevilla) and he's being benched lately.

Deulefeu is the new Mirallas it seems - when will we see him starting again ? or even just playing?

I'm sticking with my claim -- half seriously, half hallucinating my loony-sly-Roberto-conspiracy-theory -- that Roberto is hiding him from Barca.

Clearly Lennon is playing wonderfully right now, and deserves to keep his place on the right side. Like Sideliner, I am more than a little surprised that Deulofeu hasn't even gotten 20 minutes as a sub recently, but I expect this to happen soon. And even if Lennon keeps playing well and keeps his starting place, at some point we will presumably have midweek matches with Liverpool and Sunderland [postponed], so we might see one of those stretches of 3 matches in 8 days. That would be a logical time to give Deulofeu a start.

Maybe Roberto knows Barca doesn't want Duelofeu back this summer, and figures he's definitely here for another season, maybe long-term. But Lennon's strong play, coming at a time when Deulofeu tired early in several consecutive matches, has given Roberto the perfect reason to stick with Lennon as the starter, which, unintentionally but practically, "hides" Deolofeu. If and when Lennon falters, Deulofeu will undoubtedly be chomping at the bit.

Unless Roberto rests Lennon and starts Cleverley on the right. In which case, it's sly Roberto all the way.

For me Gerry is too inconsistent I don't see him being around long at Everton.

Unless of course he gets his head out of the clouds and works hard and improves his fitness and stamina.

Maybe Roberto is using this time to help improve Deulofeu's fitness, for such a young athlete he seems to lack stamina. Lennon's great form could be giving Martinez the chance to work with him on this.

If he fails with us then i see his career going into decline as i doubt Barcelona would want him back

I'm trying to see the positives in all things at the moment.

Kev hasn't had much playing time in recent months. Cleverley was playing well, then gets a bug and Kev gets the chance to start. Gets two assists, job well done by him.

Geri played really well, got rested and then Lennon took his chance and has assisted or scored in nearly every game since.

We have four players for two positions, last night Lennon and Mirallas did a good job. But when they dip, we will have Geri and Cleverley fresh enough after having a bit of a rest.

The same with Ovioedo, hes always about five minutes from his next injury. When Baines comes back in he will be fully rested from a month without a competitive match.

We've won five out of six games (I think) while Geri, Mirallas and Baines haven't been needed. When was the last time we had this kind of depth to the squad? I think its a great thing. We cant complain about having quality on the bench when the lads on the field are doing the business.

giphy.gif