IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Players like Deulofeu shouldn't be working on defence. He's a luxury player and a good one at that no point changing the way he plays to become more conservative. You're caging the animal then

I think every player has a responsibility to help out when the opponents have the ball. Very talented player and attack should be his focus but there is an elemnt of defensive work that every player needs to do.

He did a great job of helping browning out in defence when he came on against Swansea, second half the right back side was right in front of where we were sitting, you could see the difference he made.

You can definitely see it's something he's improved on. Yesterday Barkley played a cross field ball to him that was cut out and he raced after the player to try and get it back. If that's his loan season he would have stood with his hands on his hips and watched the player waltz away from him.

thinking about it if a team fancy him then Barca can broker a deal and make a tidy profit.

i.e another club want him, they tell Barca "buy him back for £6.5m and we will give you £12m"

essentially he is on a glorified loan deal.

Not really. They can't just make him re-sign with them, he has to agree to it, and there's no guarantee of that happening. If he loves it here then he'll stay.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/11/09/deulofeu-eyes-more-assists

He's often labelled as a greedy player but it's not something I subscribe to.

I don't think it's greed, I think his decision making still needs some work.

In some cases, Deulofeu is so desperate to get to the by-line, close to the keeper, that he misses the passes a split second earlier that could have put one of his team mates into a goal scoring opportunity. However, if he gets that close, and fires the ball across, someone has to be there to convert it. Other times he tries to take on too many defenders, and will lose it.

I really don't think he's greedy, I genuinely believe he wants to be an 'Assist Machine' but sometimes his decision to take on the extra man, for an extra yard, isn't always the best option.

I don't think it's greed, I think his decision making still needs some work.

In some cases, Deulofeu is so desperate to get to the by-line, close to the keeper, that he misses the passes a split second earlier that could have put one of his team mates into a goal scoring opportunity. However, if he gets that close, and fires the ball across, someone has to be there to convert it. Other times he tries to take on too many defenders, and will lose it.

I really don't think he's greedy, I genuinely believe he wants to be an 'Assist Machine' but sometimes his decision to take on the extra man, for an extra yard, isn't always the best option.

I fully agree, but loads of people say he's greedy.

first year with us he was sometimes greedy thinking it was still barca b and he could just boss the match. He couldn't and was found out many times. So he started to show less Greed as the season went on. At Sevilla they play a different style than us and really utilize their wingers and width. I think he was instructed more than here to throw crosses on the box. Now that he's here he has the perfect blend of freedom RM allows him and cross slinging that's accurate.

He's often labelled as a greedy player but it's not something I subscribe to.

It's certainly not something that can be said about him this season. I do seem to recall him dribbling a touch too long and shooting from very wide angles (when he should've been looking to cut the ball back) in his first season, but haven't really noticed any annoying habits this time around.

It's certainly not something that can be said about him this season. I do seem to recall him dribbling a touch too long and shooting from very wide angles (when he should've been looking to cut the ball back) in his first season, but haven't really noticed any annoying habits this time around.

He still does it at times. Case in point is the run he made in the second half against WHam - working his way past several defenders in their penalty box and then trying to shoot from a ridiculously narrow angle when at least two others were right in front of goal. It's not that his decision was wrong (always easier to say in hindsight). I'd rather see a blend of decisions - sometimes crossing and sometimes going for it. It adds to the unpredictability.

Doesn't drive to the byline as often as he did on his first visit! Seems to get the ball in the box earlier now

Definitely. Maybe that's part of the reason why I see him as being less selfish this time around Steve. He seemed to want to just force things when they weren't on more often when he was here on loan, such as trying to dribble to a wide position then shooting. He's certainly added more variation to his game during the year he's been away.