IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

He defended well and offered something in attack. What else were you expecting? He's not mirallas, he can't change the game he's just a solid role guy.

Speaking of, I can't wait till mirallas is back. He should start.

There's a lot of options for that right hand side now. Hopefully Mirallas can break into the team. I thought Lennon was fine, was much better than Deulofeu.

He defended well and offered something in attack. What else were you expecting? He's not mirallas, he can't change the game he's just a solid role guy.

Speaking of, I can't wait till mirallas is back. He should start.

:lol: his defending was atrocious. I was sat there wondering if it really was Lennon we'd brought on because you can usually depend on him in that regard.

He was always going to be targeted after Monday night, however it was AGAIN his ball into the box which got us the goal. But it was also his fault we conceded.... He gave the ball away cheaply and Mori had to make a last ditch challenge to force a corner which they scored from. Moreno had him in his back pocket though.

Duelofeu was poor but his one bit of class got us the equaliser. I think he knew he'd had a poor game when he came off. Against full-backs like Brunt he'll have a field day but against better opposition he'll be better used as an impact player. We've got him because he's inconsistent... if he was at his best every week then he'd still be at Barca which is probably the biggest complement you can give the lad.

I expect Deulofeu and Lennon to share RW, alternating who starts and who subs in at 60/70 minutes, depending on who plays better literally on a match-to-match basis. But when Deulofeu starts, I maintain it should go to him, over and over.

Mirallas, I expect him to start v. ManU at LW, and to play mostly on that side unless somehow Oviedo gets a few minutes and is outstanding. I think Mirallas is clearly our best bet at LW. Better Mirallas and Oviedo manning LW than Naismith or Kone.

Overall, this gets back to the squad depth issue, so I won't muddy this Deulofeu/RW thread with the broader issue. But that broader issue, along with injuries, is a key issue, with 30 EPL matches left, plus cups.

He did have a bad game but put the ball into the box that got us the draw. Moreno contained him otherwise.

Overall, I would say his contribution was a positive one.

He still has a long way to go, but he's capable of creating some moments of magic that others in the squad can't.

He wasn't that bad. As a chalk on boots winger he will have games like that.

Aaaaaw, crap. I completely agree! :P

Seriously, he was ignored for most of the half (again) and over compensated when given a chance by trying to be too clever. We saw what he could do against WBA, but did we play to his strengths again? No. We were too slow shifting the ball over to the right.

Can't give him a hard time when he hardly saw the ball.

Aaaaaw, crap. I completely agree! :P

Seriously, he was ignored for most of the half (again) and over compensated when given a chance by trying to be too clever. We saw what he could do against WBA, but did we play to his strengths again? No. We were too slow shifting the ball over to the right.

Can't give him a hard time when he hardly saw the ball.

I think that's more browning to blame. Galloway tries to pass and attack and link up. Browning just tries to get rid and get back the minute he has the ball. If anything Naisy should be on that side to Help him defend.

For me having proper fullbacks the way we play could go a long ways to alleviating the pressure on the forwards and wingers.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.espnfc.us/everton/story/2665870/everton-star-gerard-deulofeo-there-is-life-beyond-barcelona

"Roberto's always had faith in me. When family and friends go to Everton they tell me that there's a moment when I get the ball and fans get to their feet in anticipation."

I know I do. Even against the shite when he was mostly terrible I couldn't help but get excited.

I hope he isn't dropped today after that performance, he just needs to get a run of games.

I know I do. Even against the shite when he was mostly terrible I couldn't help but get excited.

I hope he isn't dropped today after that performance, he just needs to get a run of games.

He was by far the worst player in a blue shirt against the Shite. I don't want to see him dropped either but I think he will make way for Naismith.

Guest Howard's way

perfect game for del boy. Pack the midfield and leave del and rom up there. i wouldnt tell him to track back all the time aswell. you've got to make this arsenal team think. i think he's capable of banging in afew against these if we play the midfield right. sometimes you have to take chances in these games. not like a midfield five of moyes and come out of it 1-0 losers but never really being in the game.