IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

close control, can shoot on the run, can pick a pass, tricky. Yeah, he could be a Silva/Mata with pace

He lacks, as the americans would say, football IQ.

Mainly basic decision making: when to pass and when to dribble. (For him it is always time to dribble!)

Fantastic player, but a winger.

He lacks, as the americans would say, football IQ.

Mainly basic decision making: when to pass and when to dribble. (For him it is always time to dribble!)

Fantastic player, but a winger.

id translate it as experience, but yeah. Still, the only way he will learn is to be on the field. I don't mean he is the answer to our #10 problem, but I do think he could do a job there if needed

id translate it as experience, but yeah. Still, the only way he will learn is to be on the field. I don't mean he is the answer to our #10 problem, but I do think he could do a job there if needed

agreed, mirallas could as well if he stays.

mccarthy barry/barkley

gerry mirallas osman/cleverly

lukaku

could be a nice look there too. l

Could help him learn when to pass the ball, every time he gets frustrated watching Mcgeady hog the ball he'll learn he should pass the ball when he does it.

Lukaku, Barkley, Dela, Stones

There aren't many teams in Europe with that level of potential.

However...and it's a big however...it's all potential...

Stones probably is the closest to being the real deal I'd argue but the other 3 could be world beaters

I think Lukaku and Stones are the only ones nailed on to be successful (knock on wood) right now.

I'm mostly worried about Barkley. He seemed to digress this past season, and it's apparent his confidence was shattered. I really hope he gets a goal early in the the campaign to help build it up again.

Gerry is everything you'd expect in a winger; pacey, skillful, and a ball-hog. I think we need that type of player though.

I also have a good feeling about Henen. I think he's knocking on the first team's door.

Let's hope the players have cottoned on to the fact that when he gets to the byline the ball will be hit at pace across the 6 yard box - not pulled back to the penalty spot.

The amount of times I seen players not take a gamble infuriated me. It's called the corridor of uncertainty.

I've just triggered to the fact that we've signed him on a permanent! What a bloody signing! I think he'll have a huge influence next season (hopefully not too big or Barca will buy him back). That RW slot should be his next season no question. No more blending him in from the bench. Only way he's gonna improve is by starting every week.

It still feels like a loan this. Made up we've got him but sods law is barca could essentially assess him and think "is he worth £15m?,Let's buy him back and flog him for more"

It still feels like a loan this. Made up we've got him but sods law is barca could essentially assess him and think "is he worth £15m?,Let's buy him back and flog him for more"

No, not really. They just can't buy him back, he needs to want to go back! If they are buying back to sell on, why would he go back?

If he does well here over next couple of years, it would mean we were doing well. If that's the case, he will not want to go.

agreed, mirallas could as well if he stays.

mccarthy barry/barkley

gerry mirallas osman/cleverly

lukaku

could be a nice look there too. l

In all the midfield selections I,ve seen,I can't recollect anybody mentioning Besic or Oviedo. It's as if these player don't exist, personally I think they are both going to play a big part for us.

In all the midfield selections I,ve seen,I can't recollect anybody mentioning Besic or Oviedo. It's as if these player don't exist, personally I think they are both going to play a big part for us.

You missed my post then ;)

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27206-summer-transfers-who-goes-and-who-comes-in/?p=467725

Edited by Matt

I was listing starters bill. I don't see either of them starting much unless there are injuries or for cup games. Or unless RM does a 180 on Barry and we starting seeing Besic.

Oviedo I'm sure will get time as a sub.

No, not really. They just can't buy him back, he needs to want to go back! If they are buying back to sell on, why would he go back?

If he does well here over next couple of years, it would mean we were doing well. If that's the case, he will not want to go.

I don't know about that mate, surely it would happen and there would be little to stop this.

I will enjoy him whist we have him.

I don't think it's a first choice on sale guys. It's a contract. They can buy him back whether he likes it or not I'm sure.

But at the moment he is here and I'm gonna be getting my new home shirt with his name on it.

I'm actually starting to get excited about the new season now.

A creative mid comes in and I'll be dancing.

I like what Haf said about the other players need to be ready for the ball comming across the 6 yard box, Gerry is great at it and it's going to be tap ins there if the players gamble on it

I lost count of the times it happened and no one was there. Gary lineker and Alan shearer used to get 10 of them a season

Fans win!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/07/01/deulofeu-the-fans-drew-me-back

CI0gSHdWwAA6JXn.jpg

Gerard Deulofeu hs revealed that his strong affinity with Everton’s fans was a key factor behind his decision to return to Goodison Park.

The Spaniard has today officially rejoined the Toffees on a three-year deal, following last week’s announcement that a €6million agreement had been struck with Barcelona.

Deulofeu fondly remembers how the Club’s supporters backed him when he was on loan in 2013/14.

The winger also explained how, prior to completing his transfer, he was inundated with messages from excited Evertonians keen to hear more news about his impending move back to Merseyside.

“I had a great year when I was here last,” the winger said in an exclusive evertontv interview. “I really enjoyed my time here. I felt loved by the Evertonians and I was surrounded by really good teammates. I’m very happy to be back.

The fans here are great and I felt really supported by them. Obviously I went back to Barcelona and then Sevilla but here, the fans live for their football.

“The Everton fans have been sending me messages all the time on social media, on Instagram and Twitter, asking me questions. If I have got 50 notifications on Twitter, 40 of them will be from Everton fans asking what is going on!

“Both myself and my girlfriend feel very supported by the fans and I just hope this year I can work really hard and give them back some of the happiness that they deserve.”

Deulofeu has disclosed that he was the subject of interest from several clubs – but he only had one intention.

“Of course there were other options, but I always said right from the start that I wanted to come back to Everton - you can ask my agent and he will say the same,” he added.

“This is where I feel happy, this is where I feel like I am loved by the fans. The fans support me – they always send me messages, so this was where I wanted to come back to.”

He's a blue, not a doubt in mind. It's a cliche like but sometimes the club just does touch you and if it does there's no going back it's just Everton and that's what's happened to this lad.

I'm absolutely delighted. If this lad turns it on here he could become an absolute legend here, he's making all the right noises to start with.

• 3 weeks later...