IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Its been mentioned before, but he really does look like a young Ronaldo, but shorter. He learnt quickly that his step-overs weren't going to work so starting popping the ball in with the same technique CR7 uses for his freekicks. Fantastic to watch, and his overall performance makes it easy to forgive him when he loses the ball.

Its been mentioned before, but he really does look like a young Ronaldo, but shorter. He learnt quickly that his step-overs weren't going to work so starting popping the ball in with the same technique CR7 uses for his freekicks. Fantastic to watch, and his overall performance makes it easy to forgive him when he loses the ball.

I'll forgive anyone losing the ball if it comes due to trying to make something happen.

I read a few things last night that puzzled me and it was slating Gerry for losing the ball and using the criticism of Lukaku as a means of saying Rom gets unfairly treated and Gerry gets nothing but praise.

I'll start byt saying this - Rom and Gerry won us the game, so I am giving credit where it is due to Rom and his assist was excellent.

Any criticism that came Roms way last night was fully justified as in all honesty he was not putting any effort in and it was like he had no desire to mix it.

Any criticism for Gerry would be the fact that he got tackled taking his man on occasionally - that is likely to happen. I will admit that at the end his options were too many and he messed up the chance to win it 4-2 - thats fine and it will come.

I don't think anyone will disagree with me that Rom was lucky to start the second half... whatever Martinez said at half time to him he needs to do before the game this weekend.

BTW - noticed something last night that may work for Rom. Before his great pass to McCarthy for his awful dive - he had a very heavy touch with back to goal but actually used the "recovery" to get away from the defender and face up to goal. He did this again for setting up Kone. Its something that may work for him.

Haf, you make a point at the end that i've bought up to the old man. When Rom messes up, he tends to follow it up with something actually good.

A lot of Rom's goals have come from his famous heavy touch, it's bobbled and he's twatted it....then scored. When he runs into a player, loses the ball, his next touch is either a pass or a shot, that usually comes off.

Now for me, that's instinct. He has it. Unfortunately, when he has time on the ball, he's weak. In nearly every department. When it's instinctive, he's a beast.

He's inconsistent. It's the inconsistency that seems to help his game?

(maybe defenders think "he's having a mare, i'll give him an extra yard" and then BLAM.

The reality is the ball rarely sticks - if it comes at him he needs to think "where do I control it to?" it sounds ridiculous but it could work.

The truth is, his "standing strength" isn't that good anyway - he's too tall. If his upper body gets moved over his feet he loses balance - he doesn't have a low centre of gravity. Compare him to Dalglish, Mark Hughes, Rooney or Suarez - low centres of gravity with higher levels of relative strength = hard to shift.

If he can somehow look to get moving as he takes his touch he could really benefit.

The reality is the ball rarely sticks - if it comes at him he needs to think "where do I control it to?" it sounds ridiculous but it could work.

The truth is, his "standing strength" isn't that good anyway - he's too tall. If his upper body gets moved over his feet he loses balance - he doesn't have a low centre of gravity. Compare him to Dalglish, Mark Hughes, Rooney or Suarez - low centres of gravity with higher levels of relative strength = hard to shift.

If he can somehow look to get moving as he takes his touch he could really benefit.

I thought he did well on that move that left Jonas Olsen in the dust (and then the sidelines).

What I liked most about the article was this: "As his team-mates celebrated [Lukaku's first goal], Deulofeu was busy getting instructions from Martinez."

Reminded me of Beckham last night. Didnt need to beat his man, just bend the ball around him into the box from a deeper position. Very impressed with him last night.

Start Kone on the left to attack the back post on Sunday, let Rom go front post, anything could happen.

I said the same thing watching last night. Bends it like Beckham, but has pace and can dribble too. Will have defenders bricking it, starting with the Shite's hapless flops.