IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'd quite like to see us try Gerry in the No.10 role since we couldn't land one during the window.

I think he has all the attributes to play the role and can be our most creative player on his day.

I'd then move Ross in alongside McCarthy.

Obviously this would move Barry to the bench and this seems to be about as likely Nigel Farage standing for head of amnesty international, but I would give this a go.

Get to see Lennon on the right and Mirallas on the left.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/15-16/news/30745.html

I really hope his minutes aren't limited this season due to us having a "safe" player like Lennon.

honestly romey i think RM is going to play gerry sparingly this year and next. just enough to keep him happy but not enough for Barca to buy back. after the 2 year buy back is over he'll be a regular starter.

I'd quite like to see us try Gerry in the No.10 role since we couldn't land one during the window.

I think he has all the attributes to play the role and can be our most creative player on his day.

Not sure I agree with this. Everyone is complaining about Barkley in the 10 and they have similar problems. Barkley can create magic, but he can't pick out a pass. Instead just puts his head down and runs at defenders. Deulofeu is maybe a little more creative than Barkley, but unless he improves significantly in his vision I can't see him creating many opportunities in that role.

honestly romey i think RM is going to play gerry sparingly this year and next. just enough to keep him happy but not enough for Barca to buy back. after the 2 year buy back is over he'll be a regular starter.

Don't buy that. RM has waxed lyrical about Geri and will use him as much as possible in my opinion. He just needed some time to recover from his injury, I'm convinced thats the only reason we've not seen more of him and Kev.

I'm sure Geri would be ecstatic about that... Not!

If he doesn't use him much then that won't be the reason.

I'd then move Ross in alongside McCarthy.

Obviously this would move Barry to the bench and this seems to be about as likely Nigel Farage standing for head of amnesty international, but I would give this a go.

Get to see Lennon on the right and Mirallas on the left.

:rofl:

There's games for Deulofeu from the start and games where he's best used from the bench atm. He's that type of player.

The idea we wouldn't play Gerry due to the buy back clause is just ridiculous!

And Barkley not picking a pass? Guess them assists didn't happen? I'd say he's picked some decent passes so far this season. He's no David Silva, but he's much better than we have seen of him before.

They didn't last season when he played behind the striker ;)

Agree with everything else though

Just need it to continue. A start for England and a few goals would help.

I don't want him near the England squad. Any youngster who does well automatically has to carry the hopes of the nation and is lambasted when they don't deliver. He had too much of that last year, happy for him to be ignored this season

• 3 weeks later...