IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Someone on Twitter has posted they have heard he has torn his hamstring.

Dunno if it's a wind up but the account is owned by an Evertonian

Not confirmed by the club but it has been reported now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170643/Gerard-Deulofeu-set-miss-start-season-blow-Everton-s-squad.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The "stones close to moving to Chelsea " line got me.

How is he "nearing" a move?

I fucking hate the journos I really do.

So Bar Cleverly and maybe less Stones.....we could line up with exactly the same starting line up as last season !!!!!!!!!

I didn't think i could be less optimistic after last season........ how very wrong!!!!

Martinez always says we look to end transfer windows stronger than when it opened. At the moment that's looking like a tall order.

Martinez always says we look to end transfer windows stronger than when it opened. At the moment that's looking like a tall order.

It doesn't make much sense to do that though.

Comparisons;

Buying Early - Get your top targets in quicker, get them settled, get them for the price you expect to pay, don't allow other teams to realise that you have money to spend

Buying late - Get what ever's left, takes longer for them to settle in the squad, some cases you'll pay over the odds because you seem desperate, you MIGHT get some for slightly cheaper because the clubs are pushed late, they realise you have money from sales and again, push the price up, risk not getting the deal done in time.

Edited by tenaciousj

It doesn't make much sense to do that though.

Comparisons;

Buying Early - Get your top targets in quicker, get them settled, get them for the price you expect to pay, don't allow other teams to realise that you have money to spend

Buying late - Get what ever's left, takes longer for them to settle in the squad, some cases you'll pay over the odds because you seem desperate, you MIGHT get some for slightly cheaper because the clubs are pushed late, they realise you have money from sales and again, push the price up, risk not getting the deal done in time.

Martinez isn't saying he likes to leave it late though? Only that he wants a stronger squad after each transfer window.

I just don't get the buying late line of thinkng. I know certain playerswont become available until their clubs buy a replacement but buy early, get them bedded in and start the seasonfighting fit.

Hatetosay it but Liverpool have got it spot on this year, bought early and well. They'll be settled and ready by August 8th where as alls it's looking like we'll have isCleverley in our team.

It's really not good is it.

I just don't get the buying late line of thinkng. I know certain playerswont become available until their clubs buy a replacement but buy early, get them bedded in and start the seasonfighting fit.

Hatetosay it but Liverpool have got it spot on this year, bought early and well. They'll be settled and ready by August 8th where as alls it's looking like we'll have isCleverley in our team.

It's really not good is it.

Bought well, but for 2 seasons run bought too many, too fast. It was their undoing last season too. Should've tweaked slowly: 3 quality players in summer, bed them in, 3 more in Januray for the final push. 2 seasons running, they've thrown money around for a quick solution without thinking long term.

In context.

We need at least a first team Centre Back, Attacking Midfielder and Striker. Minimum. THEN we'll be stronger at the end of the window, than we were at the beginning.

Done.

@gerardeulofeu: I've got a slight injury so for now I need to concentrate on my recovery to make sure I'm at my best for the start of the season.

I like that he said "start of the season". We all hope you're in the squad day 1, Gerry!

Edited by JoeQuince