IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

This is happening and im not sure how to feel about it. Great promise, showed flashes of brilliance but he lost the ball 9 times out of 10. At 3 mil its a no brainer tho.

Are we sure Mirallas is leaving? I think Cleverly is bought as a winger

I think he will likely play a five man midfield with Cleverly in the middle along side Mccarthy or infront of Barkley and Mccarthy and not bring in a proper creative midfielder..... Sadly

With Mccarthy Cleverly Barry Gibson Besic and Barkley I struggle to see how he will play it any other way

If Cleverly is as good at moving play quickly as some claim then that may well be his thinking

It would be nice to have options. If be made up of we had Gerry, Mirallas, Lennon and McGeady to choose two of. And Barkley, McCarthy, Barry, Besic and Cleverley to choose two of, or three of if he can pick up this play maker hes been talking about. Throw a centre back in, and consider Naismith as a striker (ahead of Kone at least) and I'll be more than happy going into next season with that squad and no European football.

If he can produce this consistently i'm looking forward to seeing him.....

It's not like we don't know him already...If he was able to produce anything consistently (other than frustration) he would not be coming here.

Besides, he's great in youtube and highlight videos but he doesn't track back and even in the videos you can see he's a black hole with a decision making problem.

I think he will likely play a five man midfield with Cleverly in the middle along side Mccarthy or infront of Barkley and Mccarthy and not bring in a proper creative midfielder..... Sadly

With Mccarthy Cleverly Barry Gibson Besic and Barkley I struggle to see how he will play it any other way

If Cleverly is as good at moving play quickly as some claim then that may well be his thinking

This one single post has made my head melt. Not because of the view of what will happen either! (CleverlEy).

Just one more reason to hate this signing.

I see RM playing Barry - McCarthy - Barkley (AMC) and Cleverley from the left in the Ossie role, with Deulofeu in the other side.

Lots of free movement in the left side with Baines going forward and a more traditional right side wing with Coleman - Deulofeu.

This one single post has made my head melt. Not because of the view of what will happen either! (CleverlEy).

Just one more reason to hate this signing.

Sorry mate I don't really care for grammer policing it's how my phone spits his name out automatically and can't be arsed changing it most of the time

I can't see it being any other way personally

I can't see him using CleverlEy out wide at all he's proved infective there in the past and has no real pace or end product if he's used to his "strengths" then it's centrally moving the ball quickly

I'd rather we not use Barry as often and it worries me Martinez will persist with him ala Moyes and Neville

I suppose we shall have to wait and see if he does bring in a creative mid then fair enough but can't see it happening myself

Edited by EFC-Paul

Haha sorry mate I can't see it being any other way personally

I can't see him using Cleverly out wide at all he's proved infective there in the past and has no real pace or end product if he's used to his "strengths" then it's centrally moving the ball quickly

I'd rather we not use Barry as often and it worries me Martinez will persist with him ala Moyes and Neville

I suppose we shall have to wait and see if he does bring in a creative mid then fair enough but can't see it happening myself

I'm facepalming so hard right now.

It's not like we don't know him already...If he was able to produce anything consistently (other than frustration) he would not be coming here.

Besides, he's great in youtube and highlight videos but he doesn't track back and even in the videos you can see he's a black hole with a decision making problem.

Spot on. Good purchase for 3mil but not a player I can see getting behind as a fan. All potential and no effort/results is incredibly frustrating.

Thank god autocorrect doesn't work in the club shop or 2 people will be sending their shirts back.

Your numbers are off. I already put in for 5 Cleverly shirts! Alcatraz is on his way out, as is Dustbin, so I need to replenish the closet.

Can't wait to put in my order for a new Delafoo shirt once he signs, either...