IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

This is getting silly now! :o

If Barca are letting him go for E3m, is there something we should be wary of? A player transferring "because he doesn't want to go on loan again" doesn't explain how a E35m release clause is waved for less than a 10th of that.

This is getting silly now! :o

If Barca are letting him go for E3m, is there something we should be wary of? A player transferring "because he doesn't want to go on loan again" doesn't explain how a E35m release clause is waved for less than a 10th of that.

The Balague quote explains it. Low price = low buy back. I've read our fee is 3m Euros and they can buy him back for the 1st 2 years at 6m and then 9m. Barca/Real often do it - Barca must have done this with Bojan last season as he went for a similar fee.

The Balague quote explains it. Low price = low buy back. I've read our fee is 3m Euros and they can buy him back for the 1st 2 years at 6m and then 9m. Barca/Real often do it - Barca must have done this with Bojan last season as he went for a similar fee.

To be clear, the buy-back rule means we cannot even negotiate, right? I.e. whatever fees are in the transfer contract to us, are the fees he would go back for?

Some are missing the point still.

Yes there's a buy back clause but realistically, if Barca thought he was excelling that much to call him back, we still had a Barcelona first teamer for potentially 2 years, for the cost of £2m and a guaranteed buy-back of £6m.

We'll triple our spend on him, whilst holding onto a player of that calibre for nothing. Its better than any loan.

I wouldn't be too worried. He's got at least two years of experience BEFORE Barca would even consider him for a first team fold and by then, the second year clause would have passed and he's ours to do whatever we like.

To be fair, Bojan was sold when he was at his make-or-break stage to AS Roma for €12m, with a mandatory buy back clause of €13m.

Then, although Bojan was a failure in Italy -with Roma and Milan- FC Barcelona had to execute the buy back clause, only to give away the player after to Ajax and then to Stoke for €1.8m.

If they have learnt their lesson, they would not execute the buy back clause unless they want the kid to play for the first team.

By the way, any official confirmation? I will not believe this until I see Everton and Barcelona official announcements.

Its win win for me. My expectation is that he will improve at Everton and become a very good player indeed - in doing so he will create assists and score goals and scare teams who decide to press us.

"IF" he makes Barcelona sit up and buy back after 1 season then he must have done a great seasons work because lets face it - they buy the creme dela creme, if he does this after 2 seasons then even better (provided the first was a good one too).

For me, the only way he will return to them assuming he gets plenty of game time here, is if he gets assurances of playing in at least 50% of the games - but does he have a say in this?

If the deal is true then it's great business all round really we get a potentially very good prospect for next to nothing he gets some stability and Barca get a chance to take him back if he rapidly excels

Hopefully the rumours of Kev wanting out are bollocks aswel having Deulofeu on one side (if he's played regularly) and Mirallas on the other would be great

------Cleverly----McCarthy

------------Barkley

Deulofeu--------------Mirallas

Or swap Cleverly with Barkley either way it could be a great and very well balanced midfield

Edited by EFC-Paul

He's being sold for 3mil because Barca realize he just doesnt cut it. Incredibly talented and incredibly non-existent too often. 25 PL appearances for Everton 3 goals. Not worth it for a prima donna.

I will never forget the 3-3 draw vs liverpool. NEVER. Everyone sang his praises because he was such a threat. He also selfishly shot from no angle on 3 different instances when he had a simple square ball to the penalty spot where other everton players were waiting wide open to slot home. Check the tape he cost us that game. One of my favorites of all time.

Many experienced players have cost us and many other teams over the years the difference in most cases is he's still young and still learning

People would seriously turn their noses up at a very talented and potentially great player who is costing us peanuts in todays world when we lack massively in flair and creativity? Baffling

My feelings exactly. He's a winger. Wingers are selfish and cock up the end product regardless of age. But, he can beat a man, has a good eye for goal, can pick a pass, can outpace nearly every player on the pitch and he's only a kid. Hopefully he has been humbled by his experiences thus far, because he has the potential to be a world beater. If you can't see his next-level quality, you're fucking high.

Also, I'm just excited to potentially be able to wear my Deulofeu shirt again. ;)

Fully agree Joe I can understand some people's potential concerns but the lads been here and knows the script it's not like he's a player we've never had with a bad attitude and work ethic tag attached

He'll know this is probably make or brake for him if he ever wants to play at a higher level so will likely if he's any sense knuckle down and become a better all round player

Fully agree Joe I can understand some people's potential concerns but the lads been here and knows the script it's not like he's a player we've never had with a bad attitude and work ethic tag attached

He'll know this is probably make or brake for him if he ever wants to play at a higher level so will likely if he's any sense knuckle down and become a better all round player

Plus he need only look over his shoulder at McGeady as to the career he could potentially have verse the one he thinks he might get automatically.

Although unproven this is a positive move by EFC

now follow it up with a number 10 and a keeper

Cabaye would be good buy in our price range for a couple of years.

yes i said this earlier this summer when pardew was linked with him at palace. surely we are a better destination than that club. i love cabaye, was amazing with newcastle.