IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Here are the tweets, including the deleted ones.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/everton-coach-kevin-sheedy-attacks-man-uniteds-david-moyes-on-twitter-says-he-never-paid-attention-to-youth/

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can see the tide turning very quickly. Everyone is in attack mode against David Moyes at United. If they fail to make it to the next round of the CL and if they lose the Manchester derby, I can see him being fired.

Its very easy to get away with things like ignoring people at finch farm and behaving in a somewhat dicatorial fashion when you are perceived to be the "man"... thing is people don't forget.

I believe he had his own people at Everton who he would converse with - coaches, Neville, and one or two players. Many of the other staff were frankly ignored. The ITK on GOT says that Sheedy's frustration stems from players being released who the academy staff believed had something to offer. I think it was after the BATE borisov game that when Moyes fielded the youngsters he kicked off about the quality of the youth players - they lost 1-0 but we seen the likes of Mustafi and Duffy, Agard, Baxter play.

I believe that the issue sheedy has is that how can you release players you have not bothered to watch. A poster on the forum knows someone who is at the academy and Sheedy's comments stand up to what he knows. Apparently RM has taken time out to speak to all academy players and parents etc. Has instilled a really good atmosphere that wasn't there before.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/03/man-utd-boss-david-moyes-falls-out-with-ryan-giggs-angers-rio-ferdinand-with-phil-jagielka-comparisons/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Edited by Hafnia

Tbf, they were awful.

It was typical Moyes though for me... kind of the "well you asked for the youngsters and I gave you them", a bit like someone who doesn't like making a cup of coffee, so when they do finally make one they put salt in it so they won't get asked again. He didn't just put one or two in - he played 10 youngsters in that game with Nash in goal.

He did something similar with Barkley, the fans wanted to see him so he started him on the right against Spurs when in reality there were better opportunities to play him in his favoured position.

It was typical Moyes though for me... kind of the "well you asked for the youngsters and I gave you them", a bit like someone who doesn't like making a cup of coffee, so when they do finally make one they put salt in it so they won't get asked again. He didn't just put one or two in - he played 10 youngsters in that game with Nash in goal.

He did something similar with Barkley, the fans wanted to see him so he started him on the right against Spurs when in reality there were better opportunities to play him in his favoured position.

Same with Vellios at Fulham.

This could turn out to be the week from hell for David Moyes. (1) Humiliated at home by Liverpool, (2) knocked out of the CL by Olympiakos, and (3) losing the Manchester derby.

Can anyone explain why, when losing 3-0, anyone in their right mind would replace Mata with Ferdinand? :unsure:

It was just in case Ferdinand scores, everyone would say he was a tactical genius... or does that only apply with Heitinga?

Those Sheedy comments are hilarious!

"Stripping United of the 13 titles won by Ferguson puts the Red Devils level with Aston Villa and behind Everton in the roll of honour, causing shock among people who had hadn't realised football existed before 1992."

ha ha

wonder what the odds are of Moyes getting sacked after we humiliate them at Goodison?

If the idiot could foresee back in the summer that he would be coming to goodison out of all cups, below us in the league and having suffered a stressful poor season, below us in the table, where he is under threat of losing his job my guess is that he wouldn't have been so arrogant and disrespectful.

Goodison will be like the rocking fortress it can be when he returns and he will feel the full force of the crowds anger. My guess is that he will go an a charm offensive before the fixture (if he is still in his job) - that won't stop the crowd singing chants about him and nor should it.

Evertonians have the opportunity to repay him for his disgraceful behaviour and comments in the summer after having a decent send off.

Ben Smith

BBC Sport

Posted at 12:52

Ben Smith: This time last season, David Moyes' Everton had 48 points from 29 games, having scored 46 goals & conceded 35. This season, David Moyes' Manchester United side have 48pts from 29 games, having scored 46 goals and conceded 34 ...

He's consistent I'll give him that! ;)

Be known as a good season for us though, it's a disaster to them!

Total disaster yeah, I think they'll wait until the summer though and see if anyone else is available, or can be tempted. (Klopp maybe?). A win on Saturday and we're 6 points better off than the same stage last year, and quite possibly on the way to surpassing Moyes' highest ever points total for a season, I hope.

Ben Smith

BBC Sport

Ben Smith: This time last season, David Moyes' Everton had 48 points from 29 games, having scored 46 goals & conceded 35. This season, David Moyes' Manchester United side have 48pts from 29 games, having scored 46 goals and conceded 34 ...

Uncanny.....was going to check that stat today myself; Ben Smith beat me to it!

Ben Smith

BBC Sport

A bit like an 18 handicap golfer - he needs to get better, instead of working on his swing he goes out and spends a fortune on expensive golf clubs, he still shoots the same score.

Didn't Moyes win a play-off final with Preston North End in the championship league before taking over here in 2002 ?

In the subsequent years since, hasn't won a damn thing (we go on about the impressive league finishes, but no actual thing won) in the EPL, and he's had enough time to have produced something.

Point being, is Moyes really a championship manager ?, I.E. he's simply not good enough for the top level ?

It's been said before, either by myself or some other area, that Moyes would be better off at somewhere like Leicester City or Wolverhampton and giving it a go, as expectations would be lower for one thing, and any shortcomings wouldn't be as so highlighted in the premier league.

Fuck it, Moyes isn't premier league caliber - there said it.

Moyes had the perfect fit for him at Everton. A club that due to lack of transfer funds versus size of club could offer him the excuse to play percentage football and utilise relatively higher salaried players to do so. He and the board were a perfect marriage.

He earned his "don't dare criticise me" stripes in the first few years and leveraged this for the remainder of his time at the club.

Unfortunately for him he got far too big for his boots. Instead of evolving he was revolving - making the same mistakes over and over again. The game got progressive - he wasn't the bright new young manager any more - he looked regressive.

Lets be honest, after his united experience he will have a year out, do some punditry, make out that he's gone knowledge searching in other countries and then take over at somewhere like Wolves, Fulham, West Brom where he can be the big man and not have to work with thorough breds who have forgotten more about the game than he ever knew.

I'm fascinated to see what he'll do in today's game. Frankly, he has to go all out for the win, but that's going to leave his shaky defence exposed. Rooney and RVP are not playing well together, but does he have the guts to bench the latter? Will he play Ryan Giggs to bring in experience?

Tonight, we'll see what the man is made of.

Quite simple what he should do:-

De gea

Rafael - Vidic - Rio - Evra

Carrick

Mata - Kagawa - Januazaj

Rooney - RVP

There is enough talent there to retain the ball, Olympiacos will set up to contain them. They have the ability to break through that with these players.