IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Didn't Moyes win a play-off final with Preston North End in the championship league before taking over here in 2002 ?

In the subsequent years since, hasn't won a damn thing (we go on about the impressive league finishes, but no actual thing won) in the EPL, and he's had enough time to have produced something.

Point being, is Moyes really a championship manager ?, I.E. he's simply not good enough for the top level ?

It's been said before, either by myself or some other area, that Moyes would be better off at somewhere like Leicester City or Wolverhampton and giving it a go, as expectations would be lower for one thing, and any shortcomings wouldn't be as so highlighted in the premier league.

Fuck it, Moyes isn't premier league caliber - there said it.

Edited by Cork Evertonian

Plenty of commentators and United fans believe they've turned the corner. Should they manage a win over City this week, maybe there's some truth to that. All I see, though, is two wins over shabby opposition. I'm putting my money on City to win, and potentially by a large margin.

agreed. if negredo can get back to goal scoring form (it's been a month or 2 for him now) they will destroy manu. then again with van persie out and rooney as the striker and mata able to be the 10, they might have a decent go. well see what happens.

Plenty of commentators and United fans believe they've turned the corner. Should they manage a win over City this week, maybe there's some truth to that. All I see, though, is two wins over shabby opposition. I'm putting my money on City to win, and potentially by a large margin.

Just how many corners have they turned this season? I think I've lost count now.

His reaction to the Rooney goal was pathetic, he actually rated it better than Beckhams. Absolutely no comparison.

Beckham hit a rolling flat ball moving away from him - required a perfect strike down through the middle of the ball, Rooney hit a half volley - lets be honest when we were kids we quickly realised it was the easiest way to get the ball out there - you can just hit it.

The keepers - Sullivan strayed a few yards out of his 6 yards box but Beckham struck his so well it flew inches under the cross bar having not taken a bounce. Rooney's goal the keeper should have had it, he looked drunk and fell over, Rooney balls took a bounce and was fortunate not to bounce over the bar.

I couldn't believe some pundits rated Rooneys as being better. Beckhams was poetry, Rooneys was more fortune.

Beckham is (or was) a player I often failed to recognize but saw the incident in question and think the 1996 effort at Selhurst Park was better. The Rooney goal from the weekend seemed a bit 'hit and hope' or reminiscent of that Zaragoza player from the 1995 European Cup Winners Cup final versus Arsenal.

I didnt think they were very good against West Ham either, albeit they created enough chances to see off the game with ease despite only scoring two 'flukey' goals.

His reaction to the Rooney goal was pathetic, he actually rated it better than Beckhams. Absolutely no comparison.

Beckham hit a rolling flat ball moving away from him - required a perfect strike down through the middle of the ball, Rooney hit a half volley - lets be honest when we were kids we quickly realised it was the easiest way to get the ball out there - you can just hit it.

The keepers - Sullivan strayed a few yards out of his 6 yards box but Beckham struck his so well it flew inches under the cross bar having not taken a bounce. Rooney's goal the keeper should have had it, he looked drunk and fell over, Rooney balls took a bounce and was fortunate not to bounce over the bar.

I couldn't believe some pundits rated Rooneys as being better. Beckhams was poetry, Rooneys was more fortune.

Rooneys goal should have been a simple catch for the keeper and there is no way in this world he should have turned his back on it like he did. Great strike mind you and good vision for trying it but there is no comparison. It wasnt even the best goal of the weekend.

I thought Rooneys goal was class personally.

I've scored a few of them in my time - not that far out but the same principle. A falling ball carrying enough energy to allow you to just "hit" the underside of it and fly with a natural arc... give any 8 year old lad a stationary ball or a bouncing ball 25 yards away from goal and you will see.

The 8 year old will not have the technique or power to strike a stationary ball in the way Beckham did, 90% of adults probably never master the technique to strike a ball like that. Put a bouncing ball in front of them and boom! a big upward kick will send the ball towards the target.

In short its a Peter Kay technique "av it".

I've scored a few of them in my time - not that far out but the same principle. A falling ball carrying enough energy to allow you to just "hit" the underside of it and fly with a natural arc... give any 8 year old lad a stationary ball or a bouncing ball 25 yards away from goal and you will see.

The 8 year old will not have the technique or power to strike a stationary ball in the way Beckham did, 90% of adults probably never master the technique to strike a ball like that. Put a bouncing ball in front of them and boom! a big upward kick will send the ball towards the target.

In short its a Peter Kay technique "av it".

what a load of tripe. Outside of the foot over 60yrs on the half volley? Not easy at all

I felt sorry for the goalie. He knew he was out of position and could do nothing about it. It was just one of those moments.

don't turn your back on it for one....run backwards and you might get beat but you might get a hand to it or whatever...he looked like he forgot he had two feet

I saw the all-Manchester outcome from tonight.

Goddamn it, Moyes seems beyond salvation in his employment with Manchester United now. Yes City are a useful side but never would have expected that level of scoreline. United were lackluster throughout by all accounts and the result was never in any doubt but what a fall-away for a club side that were only league champions last summer.

We know they can't feasibly get beyond Bayern Munich in the European Cup so that only leaves the league, and the way it's headed, they'll be lucky to scrape a UEFA cup place by end of season.

If the owners have one level of cerebral capacity they'll do the right thing and discard of his services this close season.

Give him an opportunity at Watford or Millwall or something, as he's evidently out of his depth as it remains.