IGNORED

David Moyes thread

For the first time i've actually started feeling sorry for him. But then I think how he behaved over Baines and Felli and my sympathy subsides.

I actually want him gone now, not for revenge but for his own health I suppose. He will have £££, he has a family, now just go and lighten up - leave the ego alone, enjoy the money and leave football management to those who know what they are doing.

For the first time i've actually started feeling sorry for him. But then I think how he behaved over Baines and Felli and my sympathy subsides.

I actually want him gone now, not for revenge but for his own health I suppose. He will have £££, he has a family, now just go and lighten up - leave the ego alone, enjoy the money and leave football management to those who know what they are doing.

Bit strong that. He's a decent manager who can do a job. He's just out of his depth at a club that expects to be winners. He needs a club with less expectation.

Said it before Spurs, Villa and Newcastle that's where he should be. At that level.

I must remember to admire the technical proficiency of defenders who make big clearances from a bouncing ball...half volley and all that.

Im struggling to remember how many of them managed to clear it and score. Must happen all the time and Im blind....

wayne-rooney-goal-against-west-ham-a.gif

shrugs off a defender, turns, sees, steadies himself and shoots within max 3 seconds and gets it on target from 60yrds. Piece of piss :dry:

Edited by Matt

Im struggling to remember how many of them managed to clear it and score. Must happen all the time and Im blind....

wayne-rooney-goal-against-west-ham-a.gif

shrugs off a defender, turns, sees, steadies himself and shoots within max 3 seconds and gets it on target from 60yrds. Piece of piss :dry:

Same as I seen it, ball sat up lovely for him - all that stored energy just waiting to be hit. The angle of the kick is more natural as the centre of the ball is underneath, hence why a goal keeper can kick it so far out of his hands. Same principles.

I really don't class his strike as a half volley - for one it bounced twice, and two a half volley for me is when you striker it the instance it hits the floor making a more piercing trajectory.

Same as I seen it, ball sat up lovely for him - all that stored energy just waiting to be hit. The angle of the kick is more natural as the centre of the ball is underneath, hence why a goal keeper can kick it so far out of his hands. Same principles.

I really don't class his strike as a half volley - for one it bounced twice, and two a half volley for me is when you striker it the instance it hits the floor making a more piercing trajectory.

First time I've seen it....certainly not a half volley, as you say.

My view is it's not that difficult; ball fell perfectly for him...lots of players could've scored it (unlike eg Ross's goal last night); was an easy seven iron into an effectively open goal.

Guest Nikica

I preferred Rooney's but that's probably my hatred of Beckham talking. Rooney does it all in a few seconds whereas Beckham has time to look up and assess the situation. Rooney's awareness is better. Beckham's does look better though.

In saying that, if I had ten goes at it, I don't think I'd score Beckham's effort once, but I'd fancy myself to get a couple of Rooney's in. I don't doubt that Hafnia has scored goals like Rooney's; hitting a ball on the volley as it sits up actually not that difficult a skill, but what makes it more impressive is the turn and the speed he does it at.

It's not a half-volley as Hafnia and Mike say - half volleys are hitting the ball just as it bounces on the floor.

Edited by Nikica

Personally I'd say it was harder to score for Rooney bouncing ball and all that. Don't forget Sullivan was also well off his line. Neither were flukes and both were good goals.

In fact just watched it again. 100% Rooney.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Personally I'd say it was harder to score for Rooney bouncing ball and all that. Don't forget Sullivan was also well off his line. Neither were flukes and both were good goals.

In fact just watched it again. 100% Rooney.

But if Beckham bounces his ball before the line he doesnt score. Beckham has probably 3 or 4 square feet to put the ball in to score whereas Rooney had well over half the goal given the keepers error.

benteke...useless cunt

rooney...

asked this before but how do you embed a tweet on here? tried using the embed code they give you and it doesn't work..seen other people put them on here so i know it can be done i'm just too thick to do it :(

Edited by marcopaulo

• 3 weeks later...