IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Apparently when he was arguing with a fourth official away at Olympiakos. One of the subs shouted "send him off, we'd be better off without him"

Valencia (substituted for Welbeck at 60 minutes')

23 Cleverley (substituted for Kagawa at 61 minutes')

Man Utd Substitutes

11 Giggs

13 Lindegaard

14 Hernández

19 Welbeck

26 Kagawa

28 Büttner

31 Fellaini

If true could have been anyone of the lot above. Who's your money on? Kagawa and Moyes apparently had a poor relationship

If true, I have a lot of sympathy for Moyes. No matter who big of a twat your manager is, you just don't do that; it's totally unprofessional.

After reading all the speculation of a fallout between he and the players, I can't help but feel sorry for him. It sounds like the players never gave him a chance, even if his tactics were a bit outdated.

I have a feeling that a lot of the players just really hated his fitness regimen (I've read reports about it being outdated). I've always heard Moyes' fitness training is one of the most grueling.

If true, I have a lot of sympathy for Moyes. No matter who big of a twat your manager is, you just don't do that; it's totally unprofessional.

After reading all the speculation of a fallout between he and the players, I can't help but feel sorry for him. It sounds like the players never gave him a chance, even if his tactics were a bit outdated.

I have a feeling that a lot of the players just really hated his fitness regimen (I've read reports about it being outdated). I've always heard Moyes' fitness training is one of the most grueling.

Yep, heard that too.

I dont believe a lot of the comments in that Daily Mail article. Moyes wouldnt stand for that sort of crap for starters, he certainly didnt here and I dont for one second think he has gone soft since joining Utd.

I can imagine a few players werent as happy with Moyes' regime as they were with Fergusons and not brining in more of his own players probably didnt help in that regard.

The truth is, Moyes was picked because he was Fergie's mate and not for footballing reasons. Moyes hadnt earnt his chance at Utd and the players knew it.

My impression of all this is that although Moyes was found to be not up to the task and didn't behave as graciously as he might towards his former employer during his tenure is that it's utd come out of this the worst. The handling of his sacking has been shabby at best, this is a club without class, I really hope their next manager takes them further down the pan where they belong... Maybe next season they'll have to entertain Rafa as an interim? - this is my 10th post in about 6 years! but I enjoy everyone's comments, I'm hoping for forest or derby to come up with Leicester so I can get to a couple of games next season as I don't get back to Liverpool very often.

Then I can't wait for their reaction when van Gaal is appointed. He's much stricter. Mind you, only a bully of a manager could survive there.

They all have their own agendas these journos. Reade likes to think of himself as a mouthpiece for the working class and scousers in particular.

It does seem to bypass some people that these managers are on a self serving money go round. I lose very little sleep over them.

They all have their own agendas these journos. Reade likes to think of himself as a mouthpiece for the working class and scousers in particular.

It does seem to bypass some people that these managers are on a self serving money go round. I lose very little sleep over them.

Not disagreeing with what the article says, he's right, I just don't think he'd have put the boot in if it was another manager.

Have read a couple of diatribes about how appallingly Moyes has been treated and how livid he is about it. I have a fair amount of sympathy for him because he has been dropped in it, there, by all and sundry, particularly Ferguson, the playing squad and what appears to be Woodward's general ineptitude but Moyes would do well to reflect that if you're eating a shit sandwich there's a fair chance you will have ordered it. His negativity and caution in play and buying players will perhaps be his millstone.

The Club, however, have lived up to their shithouse credentials by closing ranks on him, in particular those Mancy Manc top mad for it ex-superstar players Scholes, Butt and even Phil Neville with the honorary Welsh Manc Giggs thrown in for good measure to come charging over the hill and save the day. They should replace that Chosen One banner with Fuck Me, Custer, Where Were You When My Arse Was On Fire!

No damn surprise that Moyes and his (ex) employers in the end decided to part company, the man should have never been appointment as Ferguson's successor to begin with. Got to feel a level of sympathy for the name in question, been through a tunnel of shit just about since day one when he took over at Old Trafford, and in a sense - has finally been put out of his misery.

Can understand putting Giggs in as interim team manager, has spent more time than most at the club and knows everything inside and out but in the close season they're going to be looking to someone else to come in and put their house in order after the mess that Moyes has left in his wake but couldn't reel off any actual candidates right now. Seem more concerned as to where Moyes will slide off to now. Seems suited to a job in the championship league next season - there'll be no shame, just don't think he's cut out to be managing sides at the highest level unfortunately.

Guest Nikica

He was never good enough, but the squad is full of prima donnas who think they're far better than they are. If they think a change of manager will solve the issues inherent in the squad then they're kidding themselves. Ferguson was brilliant at getting the most out of what are quite frankly unspectacular players (for the most part).

They're raving about Giggs - they were rubbish yesterday until the penalty, and Norwich offered nothing anyway. I'd love to see them finish the season well and appoint Giggs long-term. That would be fantastic.

"I dont believe a lot of the comments in that Daily Mail article. Moyes wouldnt stand for that sort of crap for starters, he certainly didnt here and I dont for one second think he has gone soft since joining Utd.

I can imagine a few players werent as happy with Moyes' regime as they were with Fergusons and not brining in more of his own players probably didnt help in that regard."

The squad is full of egotistical wankers who have a history of behavioural issues. The Daily Mail is fascist garbage but I believe what is being reported in this case.

Edited by Nikica

• 3 weeks later...

Vidic is making excuses - of course those players stopped playing for Moyes, I'm Moyes biggest critic but i'm not daft enough to think for one minute that professional footballers with massive ego's are going to listen and adhere to the in structions of a man who lets be honest was clearly out of his depth from the get go.

Being a Man United player does not make you any different from the Chelsea players who got two or three managers sacked. The players can sniff out a manager who isn't going to improve them and tries to upset the apple cart to make a point of who is boss. They collectively behave in a manner which more or less says "This is what you are asking, now look how awful the tactics are"

He may not produce a book that will blow the lid on one of the most pathetic defense of a premier league title ever seen - yes even worse than Blackburns even though they got 3 more points - as united the previous year galloped home, Blackburn stumbled home. There will be noise that comes out against Moyes - my guess is that Rio will be that man.

Like him or not, Rio has been one of uniteds most successful players who captained the club. He is also not backwards in coming forwards when he feels he is on the wrong side of things... he will do a follow on book which will detail the england fallout/John Terry incident with his brother and particularly the Moyes management. It will be an interesting read.

BTW, not sure why he was told he wasn't getting a new contract after the game in the changing rooms, therefore missing his opportunity to say goodbye to the fans... bit naughty.... payback for something???

He's appeared in public again....playing in the pro am at the Spanish Open!

_74840844_bnlttgyiiaadxvo.jpg

That's the life they live isn't it, looking at Moyes you would never think of him as a sporting millionaire but the reality is that he is probably worth more money than Chris Hoy, Bradley Wiggins, Jessica Ennis and Mo Farrah combined....

quite frightening really.

Guest Nikica

Moyes clearly wasn't up to the job but the mutiny he faced was pathetic and really proves that it's a major myth that United players are a classy lot (lol).

I read somewhere (and who knows how reliable the source is), that some players were mocking him behind his back on a plane for reading a self-help book on management. That sums up many modern footballers - looking down on someone for trying to better themselves.

Edited by Nikica

Moyes clearly wasn't up to the job but the mutiny he faced was pathetic and really proves that it's a major myth that United players are a classy lot (lol).

I read somewhere (and who knows how reliable the source is), that some players were mocking him behind his back on a plane for reading a self-help book on management. That sums up many modern footballers - looking down on someone for trying to better themselves.

True. He was reading the business classic "From good to great". It really is a good book, but United players didn't take kindly to the idea that they could improve.

I bet Moyesy would love to go back and give a few of those making fun of him a good hiding.

United players have been a disgrace this season

Let's be honest though, tactically it was fucking abysmal.

Stick a non jockey on a race horse and the horse will Fuck that person off pronto. The person needs to at least know how to get on the horse properly.

To a non football fan, moyes looked like a bloke who was winging it.

I hope at least a few of the United players had the balls to confront moyes with his tactics. Neville changing his phone number was pathetic. They were a group of title winners, not children. Treat adults like children and they will revert to child like behaviour.

Ideally I hope moyes looks at his time at United, sees how Martinez has had us perform and realises that he should have done more at Everton.