IGNORED

David Moyes thread

I think moyes is the manager I give credit for. Paid in excess of £50m to provide mid to 7th place finishes on a 7th to 8th salary budget.

I'm glad Moyes is gone, but you can't say Moyes only provided mid to 7th place finishes when we finished 4th once and 5th & 6th on a couple of occasions.

I get your point, but you really don't give him enough credit.

I'm glad Moyes is gone, but you can't say Moyes only provided mid to 7th place finishes when we finished 4th once and 5th & 6th on a couple of occasions.

I get your point, but you really don't give him enough credit.

I actually rated moyes to a degree, right up until he thought his expectation dampening ego was too big for us. Despite which he lacked the real bottle to win something.

He did his "rescue act" dined out on being the best team outside of the top 5-6 and ended up being a richly paid failure when finally held accountable for having a goal bigger than "just the usual please David".

As a manager he was alright.

Guest millwallforever

Looks to me like Pearce has lost the plot at Forest. He was always going to be the wrong appointment. I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes ended up as Forest's next manager.

Guest millwallforever

Can't see him dropping into the Championship but stranger things have happened.

Yes, but we are talking about Forest here; one of the finest clubs in England.

Looks to me like Pearce has lost the plot at Forest. He was always going to be the wrong appointment.

Agreed. Pearce is a very poor manager. I was surprised when he got off to a flyer with them, but normal service has been resumed and I'm sure he'll be out of work again very soon.u

Edited by Romey 1878

Guest millwallforever

Will be too much of a culture shock for Dave and he will be under too much pressure. He should stay in England. Being sacked a second time will surely hurt his career a lot.

Edited by millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

Confirmed as Sociedad's new manager according to the beeb; be interesting to watch.

Are they not second from bottom? I wish him all the best. He's a brave man; we'll see how long he lasts.

I suspect that Tim Cahill might get a role in some capacity at the club as well.

Edited by millwallforever

I'm happy for him. They have a great squad and he should keep them up there. I actually think the style of football he plays will work well with the tiki taka over there. Park the bus and counter attack has done us in plenty of times this season and last. I'm sure after a couple good seasons he will be at Spurs, Newcastle or the bundeliga.