IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Can't see it at all. Swansea go for managers who get their teams to play with a certain style. Moyes doesn't fit that.

But he does fit the bill of rescuing teams from relegation and stabilising them. Makes sense to me, and I think people forget that quite often under Moyes, we played some damn attractive football.

But he does fit the bill of rescuing teams from relegation and stabilising them. Makes sense to me, and I think people forget that quite often under Moyes, we played some damn attractive football.

I think Swansea will stick to their principles myself, rightly or wrongly.

I haven't forgotten that but it doesn't happen often enough, Swansea want that to be the norm. Even if they did consider Moyes I'm not even sure he'd go for it. Their fans and owners might be happy with being solid to keep them up this season but they'd get sick of it pretty quickly and want a manager who plays pretty stuff, and Moyes wants his next job to be for the long-term, like he had with us and like he thought he was getting at United.

I actually hope he does get the job because I think he'd fail and they'd go down with him and he'd be an even bigger laughing stock. He'd be much better suited to Newcastle.

Edited by Romey 1878

I think Swansea will stick to their principles myself, rightly or wrongly.

I haven't forgotten that but it doesn't happen often enough, Swansea want that to be the norm. Even if they did consider Moyes I'm not even sure he'd go for it. Their fans and owners might be happy with being solid to keep them up this season but they'd get sick of it pretty quickly and want a manager who plays pretty stuff, and Moyes wants his next job to be for the long-term, like he had with his and like he thought he was getting at United.

I actually hope he does get the job because I think he'd fail and they'd go down with him and he'd be an even bigger laughing stock. He'd be much better suited to Newcastle.

Oh absolutely, but I can see the reasoning behind the Swansea job

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

he will do well there - they don't sack for midtable finishes, they will give him a few quid to buy the types of players he works with (budget level who do as they are told), they will pay him a good wedge of money to add to the £50m+ odd that he has earned in his career so far.

Fellaini will be on his way to the stadium of light....

Newcastle :huh:?

I don't even consider that a derby - that's what annoys me about these supposed "massive" clubs... they are one club cities. Newcastle v Sunderland is no more a derby than Liverpool or Everton v Man United or Man City. Liverpool is closer to Manchester than Newcastle is to Sunderland.

They even try to make out that its a massive derby.... its just another example of those two clubs with a chip on their shoulders trying to be something they aren't.