IGNORED

David Moyes thread

I think you're taking it too seriously.

All he said was just because she was a woman, it doesn't mean she wouldn't get away with not getting a slap. They both laughed at the situation too. Then, he later apologised, the journalist accepted the apology. Non-story.

I think you're taking it too seriously.

All he said was just because she was a woman, it doesn't mean she wouldn't get away with not getting a slap. They both laughed at the situation too. Then, he later apologised, the journalist accepted the apology. Non-story.

No, it wasn't a non story at all.

The footage which I'm sure will leak at some stage apparently has it clear that moyes reaffirmed the menacing intention of the message.

I had been told of his bullying ways to the press before.

The comment was undoubtedly meant in jest, but it reveals underlying and unacceptable attitudes. How many times, when growing up, did I hear comments made in jest that demeaned non-whites or gays or women, for example? We've mostly moved on from that, but I think it's important to speak out when we hear them - whether in a press conference like this or just with mates down the pub. If we don't challenge such comments, they will continue to be made.

For sure, David Moyes does not need to be forced out over this. Over the current state of his team? Maybe.

What a load of shit!

The whole thing was clearly done in a light hearted manner. They're laughing and smiling. Even as moyes answers the final question, a smile starts to appear on his face.

It's total nonsense to make it as big an issue as it has become.

I couldn't give 2 shits about Moyes. But the way these sort of things get blown up, then these high fliers jump in to score points, and domestic abuse charities get involved to raise alarm...seriously?! All to raise there own profile? It's as false as can be.

Bit that's the society we live in, isn't it?

The comment was undoubtedly meant in jest, but it reveals underlying and unacceptable attitudes. How many times, when growing up, did I hear comments made in jest that demeaned non-whites or gays or women, for example? We've mostly moved on from that, but I think it's important to speak out when we hear them - whether in a press conference like this or just with mates down the pub. If we don't challenge such comments, they will continue to be made.

For sure, David Moyes does not need to be forced out over this. Over the current state of his team? Maybe.

But you say it yourself Steve, it was 'undoubtedly done in jest'. So what does it reveal?

Tell me, if it was the other way round, same words, same clear jest, but woman to man. You reckon anyone would give a shit? I don't.

And there lies the problem. Everyone wants to be offended. It's become fashionable to say 'oh, I'm offended'. To the point that it's all born out of hypocrisy.

The woman herself didn't give a shit about it. Why should anyone else?!

Man, I'm too tired to be typing about serious stuff here! I best go rest my head!!!

Spot on Steve

Is this issue the fact that it's a woman he said this to? Not for me. If he said it to a bloke he would have got into trouble.

It's like that word "banter" that Jimmy Bullard tried to use to describe his awful bullying in the jungle.

7 years ago I was told by 2 separate people how he behaves in closed quarters - one an employee of the club the other a member of the press.

Is this issue the fact that it's a woman he said this to? Not for me. If he said it to a bloke he would have got into trouble.

I honestly do not think that anything would have happened if it was said to a man.

Don't get me wrong, if he said it in a serious manner, to bloke or woman, then fair enough. If the other party wasn't involved in the 'banter' aswell, then fair enough.

But the lady is laughing away. You can hear the humour in his voice. It was a couple of weeks ago. He apologised a couple of days later. She's not complained. Where's it all come from now?

Why is it for others to judge? She's the only one who should be judging it.

I actually feel sorry for her in that she's probably now feeling embarrassed by the attention that she hasn't asked for. She probably enjoys her job and just wants to go about her business as normal. It puts her in the spotlight as well. No body thinks about that though do they?

God forbid that she's one of the many, many woman out there that actually enjoys banter with men!

But you say it yourself Steve, it was 'undoubtedly done in jest'. So what does it reveal?

Tell me, if it was the other way round, same words, same clear jest, but woman to man. You reckon anyone would give a shit? I don't.

And there lies the problem. Everyone wants to be offended. It's become fashionable to say 'oh, I'm offended'. To the point that it's all born out of hypocrisy.

The woman herself didn't give a shit about it. Why should anyone else?!

Man, I'm too tired to be typing about serious stuff here! I best go rest my head!!!

There's a long history of violence by men against women, and virtually no incidents of violence by women against men. This is why it matters. This is why we should call out comments by men joking about hitting women. As I mentioned earlier, Moyes' comment was made in jest, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. The only way to overcome violence and discrimination against women is to consistently draw attention to casual comments that reveal a wrong attitude.

Not sure how he still has a job. They can't win games to save their life. He going down and gonna do a Rafa and bring them up again? Just perplexed on what he's doing for them sporting wise

maybe Sunderland finally realised that after years of struggling and changing managers so often, they need a rebuild and think Moyes is the man to do it

If it's not that, I've got nothing...

There's a long history of violence by men against women, and virtually no incidents of violence by women against men. This is why it matters. This is why we should call out comments by men joking about hitting women. As I mentioned earlier, Moyes' comment was made in jest, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. The only way to overcome violence and discrimination against women is to consistently draw attention to casual comments that reveal a wrong attitude.

Unfortunately I'm standing on egg shells a bit here as it is always difficult to get my point across on a forum...no emotion in words on a screen etc.

I don't want to come across as condoning violence against women, or serious threats against women, from men. Because I absolutely don't.

But I do disagree with your view point of not separating clear jest with real threats. You seem to want them to be treat the same, which to me, as someone who's sense of humor is a key personality strength (I know that doesn't come across on here...but that's words on a screen!), is just ludicrous. By going in hard on the Humor, we actually detract from the real issues and cause more frustration and ignorance by creating victims rather than recognising and helping real victim's.

Violent abuse happens both ways these days, maybe always has. Unfortunately, men report it a lot less because of how society views such complaints. This has been proven. We should keep this in mind.

Unfortunately I'm standing on egg shells a bit here as it is always difficult to get my point across on a forum...no emotion in words on a screen etc.

I don't want to come across as condoning violence against women, or serious threats against women, from men. Because I absolutely don't.

But I do disagree with your view point of not separating clear jest with real threats. You seem to want them to be treat the same, which to me, as someone who's sense of humor is a key personality strength (I know that doesn't come across on here...but that's words on a screen!), is just ludicrous. By going in hard on the Humor, we actually detract from the real issues and cause more frustration and ignorance by creating victims rather than recognising and helping real victim's.

Violent abuse happens both ways these days, maybe always has. Unfortunately, men report it a lot less because of how society views such complaints. This has been proven. We should keep this in mind.

Good point that.

Hmmm not good from moyes...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4374728/amp/David-Moyes-threatens-female-reporter-interview.html

Was told by a journo that he can be particularly horrible when he wants- usually to the local ones.

Honestly Haf not trying to dig you out but you seem to have "moles" all over the place. Someone's always told you.