IGNORED

David Moyes thread

With Yak we seen what he was about in the first season - he played AJ up with him and it looked really good. Then he played AJ as a right winger, Cahill behind yak and we then seen the continued use of 4-5-1 to the advantage of the central AM (who is good in the air)

I would argue that Saha would have been a goal machine for us in the right system - one of the most all round talented strikers I have seen in a blue shirt. Far too often he and Cahill were in the same spaces, he lacked that bit of steel but when he was "on" he was frightening.

Agree, though Saha would never have been fit enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

will be gone by January. completely and utterly blew it in the summer.

He should have nailed Kone down and instead turned it into a power battle. wasted what money he spent on the likes of mcnair, januzaj, pienaar (finished), anichebe?!

shocking. will be his last job in the English game.

Be lucky to last that long, specially with Allardyce available again.

Said it as soon as Allardyce lost the England job - Moyes out, Allardyce in.

Telegraph Sport:

Apparently, Ellis Short the Sunderland owner, had a big fall-out with Allardyce and the word is that Allardyce will never be invited back while Short owns the club.

Motivational tactic...

"We went to a factory this week, showing the players it is much better to be a footballer than working in a factory."

Patronising twat, "...look at all these poor working-class people, what a grim life they have."

Horrible that.

I can't believe he actually said that. How to alienate factory workers among the fan base.

I can't believe he actually said that. How to alienate factory workers among the fan base.

Not heard it, just quoting from the BBC report, but if he said it it's contemptible.

MikeO great post but can I just say I'd rather play for Everton than work in a factory hope that doesn't make me a twat

Wouldn't we all!

But, in many factories there are highly trained/qualified and highly paid engineers etc; lumping all factory workers together is just plain ignorant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...