IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Irrispective of how the divorce gets a bit nasty, you always remember the good times you had.

We were relegation fodder before he came, and he was good for this club, also brought in some of our best players of recent times, Baines, Arteta, Cahill,Coleman, Jags, and a few others all on a shit budget.

Thanks David and good luck I'm sure you'll come through the bad spell.

Irrispective of how the divorce gets a bit nasty, you always remember the good times you had.

We were relegation fodder before he came, and he was good for this club, also brought in some of our best players of recent times, Baines, Arteta, Cahill,Coleman, Jags, and a few others all on a shit budget.

Thanks David and good luck I'm sure you'll come through the bad spell.

He was paid top fuckin wack for that Bill... regardless of what his transfer budget was he was able to offer top end wages to players which meant we had the best of the rest.

Yes we signed some good players who worked out but he dined out on that for years.

We paid him £40m in wages over his time at the club.... he then moved to the champions with a champions level budget.... so what does he do? He tries to nab our players on the cheap rather than signing players who he moaned he couldn't sign when at Everton.

He's a fuckin hypocrite with a huge chip on his shoulder.

He spends years talking Everton down and penknives to gunfight .... then when at one of the big boys he spends half his transfer window dicking about and insulting his old paymasters.

If he actually used his first few weeks at man United (when he was getting paid by us) to good use... he may have been able to look at players further than his own nose.

Even when at Sunderland he proved what a "stuck in his ways" nob he is. He signed players who were past it but he had already managed. Arrogant.

It's obvious you don't like him Haf so I will not be able to change your way of thinking. Would you have been happy to stick with the previous managers and watch us struggle in the Championship, because we were pretty hot favourites to get relegated.

I think he earned his money getting us into Europe on several occasions, and top six finishes. Not sure how much Koeman is on but as I said before, if he can match Moyesys achievements I will be quite content.

Edited by Bill

It's obvious you don't like him Haf so I will not be able to change your way of thinking. Would you have been happy to stick with the previous managers and watch us struggle in the Championship, because we were pretty hot favourites to get relegated.

I think he earned his money getting us into Europe on several occasions, and top six finishes. Not sure how much Koeman is on but as I said before, if he can match Moyesys achievements I will be quite content.

Moyes did a good job in the first instance.. yep. Like Joe Royle before him he galvanised the team and kept us up.

After that he pretty much treaded water. Bottled big games and earned a fortune for doing so.

I called it at the time - Everton under the kenwright "try not to get relegated or go bankrupt" model he was ideal. He loved the excuse of little old Everton.

People said "Lets see what's he's like with money"..... I knew what he would be like.... he can't handle big players.

As much as I love jags... Rio Ferdinand being day down and told to watch and learn from him took the piss.

No one blames him for going Bill... I wanted him to go years before he left.

It was his behaviour when he left which was an absolute disgrace. His derisory bids for Baines and Fellaini - £18m for the 2 of them? Then he came out with the shit that he did saying we were holding them back and that he would have let them go.

Absolute wanker.

No offense haf, but I feel like that is far from an unforgivable offense. I mean, he wanted to snag two good players on the cheap. I'm sure we would have loved Koeman to bring Forster and Van Dijk or Tadic on the cheap and I am willing to roll my eyes at his comments rather than let them turn me angry. Moyes did a good job here and elevated the club's expectations, and I think that is what he should be remembered for.

With regards to Martinez, he is a lovely man who is too idealistic to be a top manager. Funny though, he could probably do well if he were managing Barcelona or Real Madrid, but he has his head too in the clouds to effectively manage a team that doesn't have the best players in their given competition.

Moyes was too afraid of failure and willing to push forward. Martinez was too idealistic to temper his expectations and play with more realistic tactics. Koeman is a good balance.

No offense haf, but I feel like that is far from an unforgivable offense. I mean, he wanted to snag two good players on the cheap. I'm sure we would have loved Koeman to bring Forster and Van Dijk or Tadic on the cheap and I am willing to roll my eyes at his comments rather than let them turn me angry. Moyes did a good job here and elevated the club's expectations, and I think that is what he should be remembered for.

With regards to Martinez, he is a lovely man who is too idealistic to be a top manager. Funny though, he could probably do well if he were managing Barcelona or Real Madrid, but he has his head too in the clouds to effectively manage a team that doesn't have the best players in their given competition.

Moyes was too afraid of failure and willing to push forward. Martinez was too idealistic to temper his expectations and play with more realistic tactics. Koeman is a good balance.

Good post.

Trying to sign our players is forgivable....its business...

Trying to sign them on the cheap?... getting borderline disrespectful....

But trying to sign them on the cheap and then trying to lay into Everton as some small time outfit whilst acting like an arrogant prick in the press conference? - nah he can fuck off.

But trying to sign them on the cheap and then trying to lay into Everton as some small time outfit whilst acting like an arrogant prick in the press conference? - nah he can fuck off.

4 years ago.

Don't forget the bid came 2 full days before he became United manager which means he still had 2 days left on the Everton pay roll.

If he'd gone and showed nothing but respect for us I'd be gutted for him but he showed himself to be a hypocrite who done everything he critisised everyone who left Everton for.

He was a complete arrogant arse hole.

Everton gave him the best management job on the planet.... £70k a week near 10 years ago and he made out he was managing burnley.

All he did was set expectations to finish low and it made finishing in 6th place look like he was Alex Ferguson.

Had eyes bigger than his belly and behaved like a tit.

He did a lot of good here but like others have said, he said a couple of years too long. I wasn't disappointed to see him go -- the drama with ManU didn't have any effect my opinion of him.

You could see other teams around us (such as spurs) trying to do something new and play football a bit differently. Moyes has been falling behind the times for awhile now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to post that :shaking fist:.

Probably thinks he's too good for the Championship, good luck trying to drag your career out of the gutter Davey, I hear Aldi are hiring.

Well you should have put the cocktail down and got off your lilo quicker then :shaking fist:

On a serious note- I bet he says it's to do with transfer funds or the sale of players. Maybe we'll get Pickford cheaper now.

Well you should have put the cocktail down and got off your lilo quicker then :shaking fist:

On a serious note- I bet he says it's to do with transfer funds or the sale of players. Maybe we'll get Pickford cheaper now.

I'll have you know we have state of the art wifi enabled lilos here mate, no slumming it for me; I was just momentarily distracted by an Italian temptress checking her bikini lines right in my line of sight (OK so I had zoom in a lot but she should've known better) :P.

He's finished, at the top level anyway, who in their right mind hires a man who has flopped his last 3 jobs. I feel for the Sunderland fans as now he has a say in his successor, if his recruitment for Sunderland is anything to go by then I fully expect Mike Bassett to be hired.

Reports are coming out saying the players called him the energy vampire because he was so negative

Be under no illusions.... he would have eventyally taken us down if he'd stayed.

His decision making in the transfer market and tactics was getting worse as time went on.

He would have played a finished Distin ahead of a young John stones. Ossie would still be playing and no way would we see the likes of gueye and Schneiderlin.

He got arrogant, complacent and for me his time was up way before the match that advertised it all .... Sat hunched in his chair as we got battered by Bolton.

He's done that "not my fault act" since he left the club.

No sympathy from me. Hes a tit.

Some talk he may get the Scotland national team job if Strachen gets the boot, that's about his level imo, he won't get another premier league job anytime soon or championship.

i was seeing the same rumours, i think that would be a good place for him, but if he fails there he is done unless he wants to manage an SPL side or something.

Be under no illusions.... he would have eventyally taken us down if he'd stayed.

His decision making in the transfer market and tactics was getting worse as time went on.

He would have played a finished Distin ahead of a young John stones. Ossie would still be playing and no way would we see the likes of gueye and Schneiderlin.

He got arrogant, complacent and for me his time was up way before the match that advertised it all .... Sat hunched in his chair as we got battered by Bolton.

He's done that "not my fault act" since he left the club.

No sympathy from me. Hes a tit.

I was fine with him at Everton, his problems came with the United firing. Once he was fired he couldn't recover. Did terrible in Spain, then Sunderland, he's been in a tail spin and like you've said his refusal to change is just ruining him. sad really. i don't feel sorry for him either though. he's got millions.

i was seeing the same rumours, i think that would be a good place for him, but if he fails there he is done unless he wants to manage an SPL side or something.

I was fine with him at Everton, his problems came with the United firing. Once he was fired he couldn't recover. Did terrible in Spain, then Sunderland, he's been in a tail spin and like you've said his refusal to change is just ruining him. sad really. i don't feel sorry for him either though. he's got millions.

Must disagree with you there Mark, when he went to united he was telling Rio Ferdinand, one of the best English centre backs in the premier league era, to play and learn to play like Jags, who is by all means a decent defender but he isn't anywhere near the level Rio was. His problems started when he left us, thought he was billy big bollocks and look how that's turned out.