IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Introduced as the new manager of Real Sociedad, David Moyes boldly claimed that La Liga is much better than the Premier League. So that's another bridge he's burned behind him!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30045838

Perfectly reasonable statement as someone who wants to reassure fans. Would take that with a large fist of salt...

Introduced as the new manager of Real Sociedad, David Moyes boldly claimed that La Liga is much better than the Premier League. So that's another bridge he's burned behind him!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30045838

Ha ha he's got more faces than the town hall clock has Moyes.

"So David, in your 11 years at Everton and less than 1 year at United tell me - How did you increase the appeal of the Premier League? What brand of football did you play and what was the resultant effect on attendances?"

"I broke the record for the number of crosses into the box in one game - 81 to be exact, smashing the previous record of 51 held by Stoke..."

Guest blueboy122

I hope so I want him to do well to be honest.

I have no bitterness towards him and wish him all the best and will always be applauded at Goodison as far as I am concerned for what he did in 10 years.

He has been made out to be the bad guy and I actually feel sorry for him he has had a rough time of late!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/david-moyes-everton-fc-fans-8579336

Does he need us to fill in the gaps for him???

Here's the missing paragraph....

"I understand I was at one stage the 4th highest paid manager in world football and I did a cracking job of lowering expectations whilst picking up high level wages. I know that the fans were really good to me on my last game, and I thought I would try and make a big impression with my new employers by taking the mickey out of my old club.... it seems the fans didn't forget this and my copy book was blotted"

Lowering expectations by raising a team from relegation fodder to European regulars on a shoestring, whilst setting expectations based on his near non-existent transfer budget about progressing further.

What a tit...

Yeah, Joe Royle did that but I don't remember him going to another club and taking the piss out of us. Edited by Hafnia

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...