IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Guest blueboy122

He should go to Germany for a fresh start and try to rebuild his career.

Having said that though is there any jobs for him out in Germany

Found his level, that said they beat us in the fa cup final years ago so that history may intimidate him.

Do I feel sorry for him? Do I bollocks. Probably start wearing a tracksuit, talking down to the reporters from the brummy echo.

"16th place is a great achievement for a club like west brom"

"We are playing Everton today, it's like taking a spud gun to a knife fight"

"Well, we are playing Leicester city, we will be trying our best to get something out of the game"

Yeh the Celtic job has got Moyes name all over it. Would be perfect for him to try and restore his reputation and actually get some trophies to his name as well as European experience and Celtic also wont be able to attract another manager with a higher profile.

Guest Nikica

True. He was reading the business classic "From good to great". It really is a good book, but United players didn't take kindly to the idea that they could improve.

Sums up many contemporary footballers doesn't it? They believe in their own hype and their egos are beyond all control. As hafnia says though, he didn't always help himself either.

Disappointing to see him taking garbage in public. Nobody should be subjected to that based on their job performance - it must be tough being him at the moment.

Sums up many contemporary footballers doesn't it? They believe in their own hype and their egos are beyond all control. As hafnia says though, he didn't always help himself either.

Disappointing to see him taking garbage in public. Nobody should be subjected to that based on their job performance - it must be tough being him at the moment.

With what he has in the bank? Wish my life was that tough.

Guest Nikica

With what he has in the bank? Wish my life was that tough.

Of course you're right, and I phrased that in a poor way given that many people have it far tougher than he does. I would only say that money doesn't buy happiness. Putting ourselves in Moyes's shoes, we would be accustomed to being affluent, so that novelty will have worn off. The guy has been made a laughing stock in front of the entire world, and is basically a pariah in his profession. I'm not sure money compensates for that. As I say, in his eyes he has money and doesn't have to worry about it, so he can worry about other things.

It's like how African kids could moan at us for our first-world problems (excluding you and others who suffer from health issues, as that is a major exception). We might not be able to buy the latest Blu Rays or DVDs, but at least we can afford to eat. Likewise Moyes will say that he might live in a big house and take plenty of extravagant holidays in a year, but that doesn't help his self-esteem when he's basically been made an outcast.

Don't get me wrong, I never rated him as good enough for Man U as you know. However, I'd say his self-esteem must be shot to pieces right now. And loss of that can hit a person hard. It's a question of a person's perspective, really.

Edited by Nikica

Of course you're right, and I phrased that in a poor way given that many people have it far tougher than he does. I would only say that money doesn't buy happiness. Putting ourselves in Moyes's shoes, we would be accustomed to being affluent, so that novelty will have worn off. The guy has been made a laughing stock in front of the entire world, and is basically a pariah in his profession. I'm not sure money compensates for that. As I say, in his eyes he has money and doesn't have to worry about it, so he can worry about other things.

It's like how African kids could moan at us for our first-world problems (excluding you and others who suffer from health issues, as that is a major exception). We might not be able to buy the latest Blu Rays or DVDs, but at least we can afford to eat. Likewise Moyes will say that he might live in a big house and take plenty of extravagant holidays in a year, but that doesn't help his self-esteem when he's basically been made an outcast.

Don't get me wrong, I never rated him as good enough for Man U as you know. However, I'd say his self-esteem must be shot to pieces right now. And loss of that can hit a person hard. It's a question of a person's perspective, really.

Wouldn't disagree with most of that tbh, but I don't really think he's a pariah or a laughing stock. He'll get a decent job soon enough and will have a chance to redeem himself.

Guest Nikica

Wouldn't disagree with most of that tbh, but I don't really think he's a pariah or a laughing stock. He'll get a decent job soon enough and will have a chance to redeem himself.

Yeah, pariah or laughing stock is possibly too strong. But he has been a victim of banter from opposition fans e.g. 'David Moyes, football genius' with awful photos of him on banners etc. This argument isn't even exclusively about Moyes, it's more about people in the public eye who take constant abuse but generally have to 'remain professional' and bite their tongue.

But yeah, in Moyes's case he will find another job and have the opportunity to redeem himself. However, he probably won't get another shot at a 'defending champions' club, and will always be remembered as a mid-table manager who failed when he went to the champions. Given how much he wanted to do well at United, I'd say he's hurting right now. And I don't think you can put a price on peace of mind. I often don't have much of it and I don't have two pennies to rub together in comparison to Moyes :rofl:

Guest Nikica

I sort of see what he means. 'Enjoy' is the wrong word, but he'll be pretty streetwise about the sort of arrogant mercenaries who populate many top clubs. Not that it matters as I can't see him getting another top job.

Moyes is full of shit. The only thing he enjoyed at old trafford was playing Billy Big Bollocks at the start, after that he looked lost.

He's coming out now trying to make out he had a plan etc etc - he had no such thing. Be interested in knowing which clubs are interested, will not get to manage a club our size again.

Let me offer a few translations:

“I really enjoyed my time at Manchester United. It taught me some invaluable lessons. I’m sure I will benefit from the whole experience." means "I'm still a decent manager. Will someone please hire me?"

“I’ve received some very good offers and I am tempted by one or two." means "No one's offered me a job yet. Will someone please hire me?"

“I’ve not closed the door on anything, whether it be in the UK or abroad." means "I'm so desperate that I'll even take a job in Afghanistan!"

"I may still choose to have a break and enjoy watching and observing football throughout the world." means "I'll keep showing up at manager-less clubs until someone hires me."

"Many former United players rushed to contact him with messages of support after he parted company with the club." means "the buggers all sang NAH-na-NAH-na-NAH-NAH."

"And how he was overwhelmed with messages of support from fans around the globe." means "Me mam and cousin Joe in Australia still call me once a month."

"I’ve spoken to Sir Alex on several occasions in the past few weeks." means "I'm trying real hard to convince him not to kick me out of the lodge."

"It was never going to all come together in a few weeks, or months." means "I never really had a friggin' clue."

"Moyes kept his dignity and refused to point the finger." means "Two fingers weren't even enough, so he mooned the lot of 'em and beat Giggs up in a local bar."