IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Moyes looks like he's aged 10 years in the 10months he's been in charge there. He'll get a huge payoff if true. I actually do feel a little sorry for him though. It must be a complete nightmare scenario for him. I suspect he was expecting to go there and win things from the off.

He will get work but never a big job again IMO, he's proved he just isn't cut for it. That job has seriously damaged his good reputation and Martinez has shown him for what he really is - decent enough but not one of the best.

I suspect Fellaini will also be out the door as soon as the window opens. Never good enough for a club of that size.

Edited by MiguelCotto

He should never have ditched his 70k a week gardening job at Everton. I'm made up he did.

His ego got carried away years before he left our club, getting rid of fergies men just highlighted what an arrogant tool he really was.

Poetic justice, we are the team that provided the defeat that sealed his departure.

Edited by Hafnia

Feel sorry for the man. He had to go in straight away with a man utd head on his shoulders. If this came across as derogatory towards everton then so be it. He owed us nothing when he left but we treated him as if he was still our manager. Hope he does well somewhere else. My guess is he will do a mcclaren and go abroard to patch up his reputation. Germany?

Its a bit unfair. Inherited one of the worst United squads in years, with some average players and huge egos, who just didnt want to play for him because it's 'change' and kids dont like change.

That being said. He was a complete tool with the way he conducted himself after Everton and like you guys have mentioned, he asked for it.

I'm going to be bitter, but I dont care.

I love that he got sacked after being beaten at Goodison. Could only have been worse for him if they did it on the pitch after the game.

Haha!!! Now that is bitter... Imagine it - similar set up to when a player signs on, they put a table in the centre circle and have the "officials" deliver his P45...

Some people will get a bit sentimental and start saying how you shouldn't laugh at a man losing his job - and yes I would agree if he was going to lose his house, have to go to food banks etc etc - the reality is that Moyes is mega rich, he will probably have the brass neck to sit on ITV and critique games alongside Roy Keane calling into question managers tactics etc etc.

He will no doubt go on a very nice holiday in the carribean for the next month and return to do punditry in the world cup.

The way I temper any sympathy is that its this:-

• He let his contract run down knowing full well he was off to united, he never gave us the green light to do succession planning in advance of him leaving. He allowed himself to be tapped up, he had a cosy relationship withy SAF that was unethical IMO

• He tried to get our players on the cheap despite being at a very rich football club, he knew their value and chose to insult the club and tap these players up. In effect he tried to weaken us. Not only that, he chose to insult us in the press to win favour with his new "mates"

Even funnier is that he apparently won't get the mega pay-off on his 6 year contract because there was a clause in there about not qualifying for the CL :lol: .

That will sting him... should have signed another safe £70k a week deal Davie... didn't see that coming did you. Ah well, you've still got the other £20m+ we paid you over the years...

I'm assuming Haf will be at the bar getting all the drinks in tonight?

Its a bit like watching the school bully getting knocked out... you wanted to see it so much, and when it happens a tiny part of you feels sorry when you see how much of a weakling they really were... so you have to remind yourself about how arrogant they were.

Moyse can get the ale in, he's a got a few bob.

In all seriousness, he should just go on a long holiday and recharge his batteries - as much as I wanted him to fail and regret what he did to us, I didn't get enjoyment out of watching him decline in the way that was apparent when you seen how much the stress was affecting him.

Football is football, but when it comes to a man who has a family and it is making him ill, I hope that he gets himself refreshed and returns to the game when he is right to do so at a job that is right for him. Somewhere like Norwich, WBA, West Ham would be the right club.

I'm going to be bitter, but I dont care.

I love that he got sacked after being beaten at Goodison. Could only have been worse for him if they did it on the pitch after the game.

I hate all this ego shit. The man had to be arrogant, egotistical and outspoken. He was manager of the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in Europe. Alex Ferguson done it for years and no one battered an eye lid. And yes, you will come back with, 'he Haf won something though' but moyes was given a chance of a life time and had to start from somewhere. If he went in all quiet and down trodden whilst still speaking so highly of everton in every press conference, he would have been gone in weeks. He tried to play the game but in the end the game played him. Still a good man who done a good job for us. We would have been relegated if it weren't for him

I hate all this ego shit. The man had to be arrogant, egotistical and outspoken. He was manager of the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in Europe. Alex Ferguson done it for years and no one battered an eye lid. And yes, you will come back with, 'he Haf won something though' but moyes was given a chance of a life time and had to start from somewhere. If he went in all quiet and down trodden whilst still speaking so highly of everton in every press conference, he would have been gone in weeks. He tried to play the game but in the end the game played him. Still a good man who done a good job for us. We would have been relegated if it weren't for him

Quite the opposite, when he needed to be confident he was using words like "try" "luck" "hopefully" etc

where he needed to show class his displayed none. Big difference. Brendan Rodgers has got Liverpool performing very well whilst remaining pretty dignified and respectful. Compare that to Pardew for example...

I think that one of a good few managers could have saved us from relegation, it was that Walter Smith was so abysmal IMO.

Edited by Hafnia

Perhaps the poisoned chalice was the dressing room. United's team are overpaid and overhyped, and it must be murder trying to work with them. If they feel they are too good to be put in place by a new manager, it's a hopeless situation. You need someone who's a real monster, who will make and carry out threats, who's not afraid to drop star players and to publicly put them in their place when needed. I suspect that many of David Moyes' early statements were an attempt to ingratiate himself with the United staff and players, and it backfired. He was soon perceived as weak, and they refused to play for him on the pitch. Bottom line: despite all the negative comments flying around, David Moyes was not nasty enough to be the manager of United.

Read somewhere in the 51 games he was in charge he played 51 different starting line ups, unreal that, I feel a bit sorry for him even though I know I shouldn't he just looked lost in that job, massively lost!!

He always used to say he wanted to manage in Germany, it might be good for him to go and get a job out there, out of the media spotlight for a bit cos he's been well an truly crucified this year by the press, he's aged about 25 years since taking the Utd job!!

I think he could do well at Newcastle. Plenty of money available, could play on the counter attack...

For now, I'm just happy he's gotten his comeuppance though.

What comeuppance? He left for a bigger club and would only have had one chance to manage there. He offered stupid money for Baines. All we had to say was get lost which we did. Can't see where all this hatred comes from.

What comeuppance? He left for a bigger club and would only have had one chance to manage there. He offered stupid money for Baines. All we had to say was get lost which we did. Can't see where all this hatred comes from.

One:- he was discussing a move to another club and agreed to do so whilst he was employed by Everton F.C - he was under contract. He then ran his contract down without telling the club his intentions - he said he will look at the contract at the end of the season...he was actually mamanging a club whilst having a conflict of interests.

Two:- he didn't just put in a daft bid for Baines, he valued Baines + Fellaini as £28m... knowing quite well that Fellaini had a buy out clause of £24m... when his paltry bid was questioned he took to insulting Everton - stating that we were holding the careers of the players back...

Apparently Moyes is hurt and angry that the story of his sacking was in the news before he heard about it... I guess BK felt the same when he found out that SAF had told Moyes he was new Man United manager before he knoew anything about it.

Edited by Hafnia

Martinez criticised United’s ‘new way of working’ in the transfer market after rejecting Moyes’s £28 million combined offer for Baines and Fellaini – a bid described as “derisory and insulting” by Everton this week.

Manchester United are understood to be ready to increase their bid to £35 million for the two players ahead of the Sept 2 transfer deadline, which risks further antagonising Everton, who have insisted neither player is for sale.

But while admitting he understands Martinez’s position on Baines and Fellaini, Moyes, who criticised Manchester City during their 2009 move for Everton defender Joleon Lescott, claims he would have sanctioned the sale of both players had he still be in charge at Goodison.

“I definitely do [understand Martinez’s position],” Moyes said. “But I also know that if I’d been Everton manager and Sir Alex [Ferguson] had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I’d have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players.

“All we can do is do our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I’m sure he’ll get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I think I’ve signed every player at Everton, so I know exactly how they work.