IGNORED

David Moyes thread

One:- he was discussing a move to another club and agreed to do so whilst he was employed by Everton F.C - he was under contract. He then ran his contract down without telling the club his intentions - he said he will look at the contract at the end of the season...he was actually mamanging a club whilst having a conflict of interests.

Two:- he didn't just put in a daft bid for Baines, he valued Baines + Fellaini as £28m... knowing quite well that Fellaini had a buy out clause of £24m... when his paltry bid was questioned he took to insulting Everton - stating that we were holding the careers of the players back...

Apparently Moyes is hurt and angry that the story of his sacking was in the news before he heard about it... I guess BK felt the same when he found out that SAF had told Moyes he was new Man United manager before he knoew anything about it.

On the other hand you can say that he was right in saying he only knew of an approach three weeks prior. He, in turn Did not leave us in limbo but gave us adequate opportunity to find a replacement. He also discussed approaching RM as his replacement. Something every blue finds hard to bring up whilst slating the man.

Secondly if you read back on all the posts, on numerous occasions everton continuously resigned themselves to losing one big player. So I find it hard that you can pick at moyes saying he would have sold fellaini or Baines when in charge.

On the other hand you can say that he was right in saying he only knew of an approach three weeks prior. He, in turn Did not leave us in limbo but gave us adequate opportunity to find a replacement. He also discussed approaching RM as his replacement. Something every blue finds hard to bring up whilst slating the man.

Secondly if you read back on all the posts, on numerous occasions everton continuously resigned themselves to losing one big player. So I find it hard that you can pick at moyes saying he would have sold fellaini or Baines when in charge.

I think the only way this can be debated is if you use the facts as stated by saf in his book... It was months not weeks. Moyes knew he was going and only informed kenwright at the end.

Moyes recommended Martinez??? New one to me that is.

Selling a player and having a former manager telling you that you should sell a player to them are totally different things. Moyes stepped over the line, simple as that. The hypocrite called Mark Hughes out for the same thing.

I dont have any sympathy for Moyes in the slightest and quite frankly I dont see why anyone should.

He tried to play with the big boys and he got well and truly found out. He had his chance to change things, he had his chance to bring new ideas and philosophies to the fore and he had his chance to show that he wasnt just a run of the mill manager who played dour football with little cutting edge. Instead he failed miserably, he brought 11 league defeats upon the team that won the title just the year before, he spent millions on players who arent performing and his team have played truly awful football for the majority of the season. He then ramps up his own ego, pretending to be one of the big boys with his snide comments about our club, our players and our new manager highlighted in the comment Steve_E posted above.

In some ways I think its a shame that he has been sacked because with him in charge, Utd were only going one way, but at the same time to see his 'mighty' Utd team soundly beaten by little old plucky Everton with the team he bought, the team he belittled, and the get sacked in the aftermath of that loss is truly priceless.

Call me bitter, but I watched him to do to Utd in one season in what he has been doing at Everton for the last 5 years, and to see youth,imagination and belief shine through at the club where only doubt, mediocracy and staleness had clouded for those years brings me a great deal of satisfaction.

Maybe now Moyes will take a step back and have a long hard look at himself in the mirror and find that spark he had when he first took over at Everton because he needs to if he is going to rebuild his career.

Someone somewhere is going to write a business case study on this whole fiasco:

1) Ensure you hire a leader who understands and fits with the 'company' culture

2) Retain key executives to ensure a smooth transition. Bring your own people in over time.

3) As leader, establish authority and move out those who actively work against you

4) Demand that everyone present a common front, and reprimand promptly anyone who airs opposing views in public

5) Do not play favourites. Give everyone the opportunity to shine.

6) Never burn bridges; you never know when you'll need help from unexpected quarters

7) Establish a clear strategy, a vision that stretches everyone, and a plan to get there.

How did Moyes do?

1) He tried to show he was a company man, but he went about it completely the wrong way. He didn't fit their culture.

2) He fired the team in place on day one and brought in his own - big mistake.

3) He never established authority; consequently, the players walked all over him.

4) He should have come down with a hammer when players leaked how they didn't like his style.

5) Favourites played, non-favourites sat on the bench, Rooney got whatever he asked for.

6) All the snide comments about Everton has well and truly burned that bridge.

7) No strategy, players played out of position, no-one had a clue where the club was headed.

Moyes took everton to two semi final visits and one final in his reign. I can categorically state that no-one would have predicted that at the beginign of his era and the mess we where in. Plus he was never given any hard money to do this. Everyone mentions Boro a nd the Portsmouths of old having been there and won it. And lets not forget to mention the money that had been pumped into those clubs over time and where they lie now.... Without sounding like am obituary but I would like to remember moyes for the club he turned us into and not for the comments that never made any real impact on our club. What I'm trying to say is am not bitter like some people.

Moyes took everton to two semi final visits and one final in his reign. I can categorically state that no-one would have predicted that at the beginign of his era and the mess we where in. Plus he was never given any hard money to do this. Everyone mentions Boro a nd the Portsmouths of old having been there and won it. And lets not forget to mention the money that had been pumped into those clubs over time and where they lie now.... Without sounding like am obituary but I would like to remember moyes for the club he turned us into and not for the comments that never made any real impact on our club. What I'm trying to say is am not bitter like some people.

Joe Royle took us from relegation threatened to fa cup winners all in 2 years...

Moyes did have money to spend, it's just the Rooney, Lescott sales that subsidised them.

Joe Royle took us from relegation threatened to fa cup winners all in 2 years...

Moyes did have money to spend, it's just the Rooney, Lescott sales that subsidised them.

Hence he didn't have any money thrown at him without a catch. royle did have money and as soon as it went pair shaped financially he didn't feel it cause he was out at that point.

Frankly, I find this appalling. The United team are no more than an unruly bunch of infantile prima donnas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2610713/David-Moyes-openly-sneered-sniggered-Manchester-United-stars.html

Agreed, what a sad sad story. Most of their careers are in the shit anyways since they all did so bad this year. I wonder which players were actually loyal and gave him a chance? Edited by markjazzbassist

The ground staff hating him is a recouring theme, Moyes was not liked at finch farm. Apparently "curt" is a polite way of describing his demeanor.

Yeah the rest you read about is player power, he went in all revolutionary and upset a couple of big personalities. My guess is Rio is behind a lot of this.

There'll be a few behind it. Its disgusting. No respect.

You're paid to do a job, whether you like the manager or not. At least try to be classy about it.

I agree, if he asks them to play like Cambridge united in the John Beck days they should do it and behave...

Just listened to talk sport, Eric Harrison was on who is very close to the players, apparently the atmosphere around Carrington was awful under Moyes - really bad.

The best summary i saw (may have been on here), was that Ferguson was the strict head teacher, always diciplined, always punctual and polite. Whereas Moyes was the substitute teacher that no one cared much for, students pushed the buttons and tried to get him in trouble through Anarchy.

Shocking really.

I'm sure we could find a role for him at Everton now he's unemployed. Obviously not a role with too much responsibility, we wouldn't want to put him under too much pressure now would we? I was thinking he could be our new kit man. Then again, he may still think we're holding Baines' career back and put a United shirt on his hanger.

"David has conducted himself with integrity and professionalism... it is therefore sad to see the end of David's tenure at United being handled in an unprofessional manner"

I don't think he conducted himself with much integrity and professionalism the way he took the job whilst contracted to Everton...Nor did United.

"The LMA is very disappointed with the nature of David's departure from Manchester United, and to read extensive reports in the press confirming David's sacking before David himself had been spoken to officially by the club,"

I think Everton were also very disappointed with the nature of Man Uniteds pursuit of Baines and Fellaini in the press before we even received the official bids....

All in all it points to - serves you right David...

haf get over yourself will ya. youll still be pisting about moyes when he starts up at another club

hmmmm Brett, its ok for you to have constantly slate Naismith throughout this season despite him working his socks off, scoring vital goals and showing tremendous loyalty to the team... yet you find it difficult to see others slate a manager who showed no loyalty to us?

Yeah alright, you just keep setting that example that we should all try to follow...

hmmmm Brett, its ok for you to have constantly slate Naismith throughout this season despite him working his socks off, scoring vital goals and showing tremendous loyalty to the team... yet you find it difficult to see others slate a manager who showed no loyalty to us?

Yeah alright, you just keep setting that example that we should all try to follow...

Completely different mate. Naismith still wears an everton shirt. You still have feelings towards a man from twelve months ago. Hence the word bitter.

Apparently when he was arguing with a fourth official away at Olympiakos. One of the subs shouted "send him off, we'd be better off without him"

Valencia (substituted for Welbeck at 60 minutes')

23 Cleverley (substituted for Kagawa at 61 minutes')

Man Utd Substitutes

11 Giggs

13 Lindegaard

14 Hernández

19 Welbeck

26 Kagawa

28 Büttner

31 Fellaini

If true could have been anyone of the lot above. Who's your money on? Kagawa and Moyes apparently had a poor relationship