IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Glad to see the club has done the right and just thing, Iike I said I would rather we struggle with money and have our moral compass pointing in the right direction. I sent the club an email early hours of this morning with my concerns of their continued alliance with USM and Usmanov, I will now send them a follow up email showing my support and respect for what they have done. 

18 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not so sure we are that attractive to be honest, ok we have a half built stadium that may or may not get finished but what else would attract buyers ?

We are struggling at the wrong end of the table and will most likely have to sell our best players just to keep afloat now

Unless the new owners want to invest enough money to take on the Sky 6 and Newcastle there isn’t any chance of making any kind of profit . 

moshiri is still the owner - we will get the new stadium and the fact that we will makes us a massive commercial attraction..... for what we would cost to what we would be worth its enormous potential.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

moshiri is still the owner - we will get the new stadium and the fact that we will makes us a massive commercial attraction..... for what we would cost to what we would be worth its enormous potential.

Agree if the stadium gets finished that will make a huge difference in the long term. It might actually makes us even more attractive if we do get relegated and have to sell off the Crown Jewels 

There is no question we have definitely done the right thing but it’s going to come at a big cost 

1 minute ago, Sibdane said:

The cynic in me says that the club wouldn't have pulled Russian sponsorships if it meant the stadium wouldn't get completed. 

Let’s be honest the whole funding of Everton football club is Usmanov. All of it. He’s the owner with Moshiri fronting it, I have absolutely no doubt about it. 

For reasons like now it was a clever move putting Moshiri as the front. However, all going on will likely mean we have nothing to spend in the summer.

27 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Let’s be honest the whole funding of Everton football club is Usmanov. All of it. He’s the owner with Moshiri fronting it, I have absolutely no doubt about it. 

For reasons like now it was a clever move putting Moshiri as the front. However, all going on will likely mean we have nothing to spend in the summer.

Without doubt we will be screwed by FFP, if we were running a fine line before then losing all of our major sponsors in one foul swoop ( apart from Cazoo) is going to have a catastrophic effect

We will not only not be signing anyone we will also have to trim the wage bill dramatically as your only allowed to spend a certain percentage of income on the wage bill and I should imagine we will be way over that now 

53 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Without doubt we will be screwed by FFP, if we were running a fine line before then losing all of our major sponsors in one foul swoop ( apart from Cazoo) is going to have a catastrophic effect

We will not only not be signing anyone we will also have to trim the wage bill dramatically as your only allowed to spend a certain percentage of income on the wage bill and I should imagine we will be way over that now 

I suspect we may use this to waiver FFP

42 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I hope so mate, but even if we are allowed to waiver it I can’t see them letting us add to the wage bill . The biggest hit is going to be the stadium naming rights , if there is one to name that is

The good thing about the wage bill is a couple of the top earners will be off it by June. 

Siggy, Delph even Tosun. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Moshiri is still a billionaire folks, Everton is still a plaything for him and I’m sure we will have money to spend. Don’t sweat it.

we will likely have companies queuing to sponsor an ethical club. 

I agree mate it’s not the end of the world financially for us by a long chalk, so don’t really understand stand the panic, we’ve had our Beluga Caviar removed from the top of our Blinis for a couple of months, as supporters we won’t notice any changes, the players won’t be leaving that we don’t want to leave and the new stadium will carry on being built. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I agree mate it’s not the end of the world financially for us by a long chalk, so don’t really understand stand the panic, we’ve had our Beluga Caviar removed from the top of our Blinis for a couple of months, as supporters we won’t notice any changes, the players won’t be leaving that we don’t want to leave and the new stadium will carry on being built. 

I may be wide of the mark but I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that. Nobody actually knows how BMD is being funded exactly but I think we all have a pretty good idea that Usmanov was integral to it so now that option is off the table where does that leave us, even if we manage to complete the build the naming rights deal is also off the table

Then you look at the playing side , how can you be so confident that players won’t be leaving? Surely if we are struggling to meet FFP requirements now getting the likes of Siggy, Delph and Tosun off the wage bill is totally insignificant to the amount of revenue we will be losing?

Again I’m merely speculating but if we are only allowed to spend x amount of our revenue on players wages and we are already right on that limit now surely a significant reduction in revenue would result in a need to significantly reduce the wage bill?

I'm only worried that Denise seems less competent than Elstone at the commercial side of things so I can't see us getting decent deals to replace the lost ones. Obviously we won't get as higher paying deals as the ones lost because they'll have been inflated but I worry she won't bring in enough. I mean, she didn't manage to get a sleeve sponsor and I think we're the only club in the league without one.

Then again, she's supposed to be leaving in April so maybe the next one will be good at this sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm only worried that Denise seems less competent than Elstone at the commercial side of things so I can't see us getting decent deals to replace the lost ones. Obviously we won't get as higher paying deals as the ones lost because they'll have been inflated but I worry she won't bring in enough. I mean, she didn't manage to get a sleeve sponsor and I think we're the only club in the league without one.

Then again, she's supposed to be leaving in April so maybe the next one will be good at this sort of thing.

The deals won't be down to 1 person it will be a team looking, negotiating and signing any deal. Denise has a pretty impressive track record of working on projects.

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

The deals won't be down to 1 person it will be a team looking, negotiating and signing any deal. Denise has a pretty impressive track record of working on projects.

I'm treating her exactly as I did Elstone when he was in the job, and his record on commercial deals was laughable and he got stick for it (quite rightly). She's done nothing to warrant allowances on this. She has a good track record for working on charity work, not on stuff like this at all.

But, like I said, it probably won't be her sorting through this mess so it doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm treating her exactly as I did Elstone when he was in the job, and his record on commercial deals was laughable and he got stick for it (quite rightly). She's done nothing to warrant allowances on this. She has a good track record for working on charity work, not on stuff like this at all.

But, like I said, it probably won't be her sorting through this mess so it doesn't really matter.

Part of my Mrs work is with the charity sector and a large part of that is securing funding and links with business which Denise has a very good reputation for doing. In her defence she had only been on Elstone's role for a year and a bit when the pandemic hit which would have hampered work, plus the omni shambles that is the manager merry-go-round.

Not saying she is great, I think she is pretty shrewd. As you say I think she will leave soon anyway to focus on other aspects.

Absolutely right that the club have suspended ties with Usmanov. I have really no idea how our club works but I would have expected someone to have investigated Usmanov before now and asked all the right questions / observed due diligence in regard to the money coming in.

I really don't want my club associated with anyone whose business / practice is in any way, shape or form, unethical, illegal or by association linked to others whose business is. I would rather just get by as a club and operate on the proverbial shoestring than take money from dubious sources. It has to be said, I know zero about financing and the operations of big business, so this may come across as being naive, but I'll take naivete over corruption any day.

I think we'll be okay whatever happens. If we're found guilty by association, then we must accept that and correct it going forward. Greater problems in the world than Everton, which we all know, anyway.      

13 hours ago, StevO said:

Not worried about this in the slightest. It’s the right thing to do and the man who’s name is on the club is a billionaire that did pretty well for himself during the pandemic. 
It may cause a problem on the balance sheet if we miss out on sponsor money, but as these are Russian companies anyway it’s not like we can send any money back to them. 
The stadium doesn’t need to stop. Moshiri may not have easy access to steel at cost price now, but this is still a big development that a lot of money has been invested in but is worthless until it is complete. 

Let the media spin a whole load of negativity. More important things they should be focusing on. 

If Usmanov is being effected badly by these sanctions, and Abramovic, they need to be getting their mate to put an end to this war. 

I think we all agree that the club has done the right thing but however morally correct the decision was doesn’t alter the fact we are now in deep shit financially

To my knowledge there has still not been any announcement on how the stadium is being funded so I think it’s reasonable to assume Usmanov was a key player in that

Yes it’s a massive development , for the city and the club, and yes a lot of money has already been invested but if the costs now spiral and we have lost our biggest backer is it still affordable?

Im desperately hoping we can find the money to finish it but if we do and it has to come out of Moshiri’s pocket where does that leave the rest of the clubs finances

Basic maths will also point to us needing to greatly trim the wage budget unless those sponsors are replaced swiftly, which I can’t see happening 

We we’re already flying too close to the wind with FFP and so losing so much sponsorship money is likely to take us way over. The latest figures I can find regarding our wages to turnover ratio were from 2 years ago when it was 89% ( https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/p3ifs9/wages_to_turnover_ratio_for_premier_league_and/ ) and whilst it’s probably improved since then if turnover is down we will be in the shit

So yes we have done the right thing but don’t underestimate the consequences 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Why would the club be forced to shut the training ground? Because of a sponsor? Just take the sign down, if it’s hasn’t been already. Anyway, I clicked the link so the owner has got his few pennies from adverts, which I’m sure is the goal of this piece anyway.