IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

That happened to Swindon Town relegated 2 divisions for financial cheating on a far less scale than city. 

Good point.  However the premier league know quite well that city is a huge part of the product. They have players who attract viewers from around the world and they will hit themselves in the pocket.

however it needs to happen, for the integrity of competition.  It will probably allow the European super league to tear its head again and clubs like United, Liverpool arsenal etc use it as an excuse…… “the integrity of the league is done so we need to do this”

I think the clubs will use it one way or another to justify moving to the ESL

17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally, I would hope that everyone would be willing to compromise a little once we've climbed to mid-table.

I like your surety, Steve! To me, this must remain the priority. Whatever the issues with the board, and the ambition to remove it, don't let it detract from the more imporant struggles on the pitch.  

4 hours ago, RPG said:

To the Second Division I suggest.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That happened to Swindon Town relegated 2 divisions for financial cheating on a far less scale than city. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Good point.  However the premier league know quite well that city is a huge part of the product. They have players who attract viewers from around the world and they will hit themselves in the pocket.

however it needs to happen, for the integrity of competition.  It will probably allow the European super league to tear its head again and clubs like United, Liverpool arsenal etc use it as an excuse…… “the integrity of the league is done so we need to do this”

I think the clubs will use it one way or another to justify moving to the ESL

10 minutes ago, RPG said:

I'm not sure it will hit the overall product. Either players will stay at City as they win the second division, First division and Championship in consecutive seasons and there will be record crowds at all their games or their players will leave and be absorbed into the Premiership and other top leagues. The precedent has been set in Italy with Juventus and I do hope that the FA have sufficient intestinal fortitude to do the right thing!

Thread seems to have become derailed somehow, how unusual:otvwhistle:

21 minutes ago, RPG said:

I'm not sure it will hit the overall product. Either players will stay at City as they win the second division, First division and Championship in consecutive seasons and there will be record crowds at all their games or their players will leave and be absorbed into the Premiership and other top leagues. The precedent has been set in Italy with Juventus and I do hope that the FA have sufficient intestinal fortitude to do the right thing!

Expression of the day! 👏

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Rangers offer another good example.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Billy Bullshit knew the way to Castle Greyskull tonight.

I hope he stays there. 

Had 5 seats around him taken up by minders. 
but It’s not the safety he’s arsed about, it’s being sat there whilst 40000 fans sing songs about the boards failure so he’s ok at an away ground.  Surprised the kopites never sang a song about how great our board is, the sarcasm would be lost on him though. 

On 06/02/2023 at 15:04, Hafnia said:

Who says lampard signed vdb and Alli?   Alli said he only spoke to moshiri and kenwright 

Sorry about the delay, I am just catching up.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/31/frank-lampard-confirmed-as-everton-manager-hungry-to-get-started

“I had a really positive meeting with the new coach. We have the same ideas about football and he had a lot of influence on my decision.” (VDB)

https://www.football365.com/news/lampard-details-reasons-behind-everton-signing-alli-van-de-beek

Speaks about decisions behind them both.

On 06/02/2023 at 15:12, London Blue said:

The whole point of a DOF is that they build up the knowledge, scouting dept, U21's and have players that they know the club should sign. There should have been a list of strikers the board knew we needed to sign one of regardless of who the manager is because of the needs of the squad.

I agree and there is nothing to say this didn't happen. In fact we know it did in the summer as we signed Maupay.

I think the problem in January is that the players we wanted didn't want to come here (Danjuma as the biggest example) and the players that would have come here didn't fit into either the managers plans or our wage structure.

If there was money available, which seems to be the case, then if there was a player available at the right cost that would improve the squad, do you not think we would have bought them?

On 06/02/2023 at 17:21, Palfy said:

Simple answer to that mate I would rather we had a club that player's wanted to come to. You've completely missed the point we may not get another chance of a window next summer in the PL, this January window could well be our last window in the PL for sometime, and our board and owners completely fucked up what was the most crucial window in our history, but never mind Bailey there's always next summer. You need understand the importance and reality of the position we've been left by the mismanagement of this club for years, why do you think the fans descended on Finch farm in a protest because we hadn't signed anyone and they unlike you realise the enormity that would have on us in the run in to the end of the season. I won't waste my time responding to you anymore on this, because you just don't get the significance of what has happened. 

I am very well aware but it doesn't mean you buy shite players in a panic because then we are lumbered with them in the Championship on big money.

Our financial mismanagement has been ongoing for a long time and big changes are needed at the top (Mohsiri being the start IMO) but I don't believe in further damaging the future of the club by spending money on players that the footballing people at the club don't think will improve the side / fit into the wage structure.

What you are asking for is to just continue the downward spiral that this club has been in since Mohsiri took over.

On 07/02/2023 at 05:30, Btay said:

I would be more than happy if Moshiri got rid of Bill & DBB by replacing them with people who can run the club and only involved him when they need a signature.

I don't understand this thinking. Mohsiri could get rid of those two, the whole board or anyone else at the club if he wanted to. He facilitates that board staying as it is. He could even bring in new board members to out vote those the ones we have at the moment if he wanted, but he doesn't.

Mohsiri is a problem. Kenwright is a problem.

They both need to go, the rest I don't know enough about what they actually do.

I was on the fence with the board and the allegations made before the Southampton game but I cannot believe that they had the audacity to turn up at Anfield last night.

Not only have they failed to provide any further evidence to support their allegations but now they think they can't show up in their own stadium with their own security but they can show up over Stanley Park instead. What planet are they on?

I have largely defended the likes of DBB and Sharp because I don't really know enough about them to comment, but any credibility they had is lost with stunts like that.

I cannot get my head around the decision for them to do that with everything else that they have done. I feel like Kenwright wanted to be there to get his smug grin on camera in case we turned them over.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I agree and there is nothing to say this didn't happen. In fact we know it did in the summer as we signed Maupay.

I think the problem in January is that the players we wanted didn't want to come here (Danjuma as the biggest example) and the players that would have come here didn't fit into either the managers plans or our wage structure.

If there was money available, which seems to be the case, then if there was a player available at the right cost that would improve the squad, do you not think we would have bought them?

I am very well aware but it doesn't mean you buy shite players in a panic because then we are lumbered with them in the Championship on big money.

Our financial mismanagement has been ongoing for a long time and big changes are needed at the top (Mohsiri being the start IMO) but I don't believe in further damaging the future of the club by spending money on players that the footballing people at the club don't think will improve the side / fit into the wage structure.

What you are asking for is to just continue the downward spiral that this club has been in since Mohsiri took over.

Just now, Palfy said:

So not buying any players and selling one of our better players has some how, steadied the ship, or put us in an upward spiral in your opinion, mine very much differs from yours, selling and not investing as put us in the most dire position for 70 years, and the fact half decent players don't want to come here is testament to Moshiri and his board.