IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

5 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

I was relieved too but those pitch invasions and fireworks in the streets were not "relief"

A lot of that is showing support to a team that we genuinely love and give our hearts and souls for mate. 
Everton isn’t just some hobby for me, it’s a lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

Absolutely I get it. Everton support is honestly like no other I have ever seen. It is passion, it is heart, it is dedication. I love this cluband I want them to stay up again but things NEED to change before we kick off for the 23/24 season, that there is no ifs, buts or maybes about.

I agree. It does need to change. 
And I do want it to change, I demand it does as a fan. 

But I will still be there on what could be our last premier league game at Goodison. And I will be singing my heart out and giving the team as much encouragement as I possibly can.

If Everton go down, then I’ll be going down with them! I’ll suffer with them. I’ll cry with them! And I’ll stay after the final whistle and sing till I can’t sing anymore!

COYB’s! It’s not over yet.

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree. It does need to change. 
And I do want it to change, I demand it does as a fan. 

But I will still be there on what could be our last premier league game at Goodison. And I will be singing my heart out and giving the team as much encouragement as I possibly can.

If Everton go down, then I’ll be going down with them! I’ll suffer with them. I’ll cry with them! And I’ll stay after the final whistle and sing till I can’t sing anymore!

COYB’s! It’s not over yet.

Exactly mate there’s a long way to go before the fat lady sings, if we can play like that in our next 4 games there are enough points for us to turn this around. We are not going down mate. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Exactly mate there’s a long way to go before the fat lady sings, if we can play like that in our next 4 games there are enough points for us to turn this around. We are not going down mate. 

I’m trying my best mate, I really am. But I’m starting to really worry now. 
But maybe I should start listening to your optimism and start believing!!!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I’m trying my best mate, I really am. But I’m starting to really worry now. 
But maybe I should start listening to your optimism and start believing!!!

Your not a quitter mate, supporting Everton is a bit like supporting your family, sometimes your over the moon with them and sometimes they can disappoint you, but you will always support and love them and never for once consider giving up on them. 

22 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

Guardian is falling so behind.

I literally knew about all of this years ago. It’s been common knowledge to the rest of the UK. It’s like the Guardian have just woke up and read the daily mail!

recent news that Usmanov had a travel ban imposed…. I mean come on ffs. And it’s also came out that he paid millions to sponsor Everton for naming rights….. Breaking news indeed!

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Guardian is falling so behind.

I literally knew about all of this years ago. It’s been common knowledge to the rest of the UK. It’s like the Guardian have just woke up and read the daily mail!

recent news that Usmanov had a travel ban imposed…. I mean come on ffs. And it’s also came out that he paid millions to sponsor Everton for naming rights….. Breaking news indeed!

I think it’s subtle “let’s pile on Everton”, rehashing old stories, the horrible bastards are enjoying our predicament and trying to get people to think “yeah Everton are the Russian club” 

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

What did we ever do that was so bad?

We spent more years in the top flight than anyone else; people love to see a "big" club (that isn't their's) in trouble, human nature.

I've watched teams like Chelsea, ManU, Spurs and Leeds go down (City don't count as a historic big club for me) and cheered every moment.

It's a backhanded compliment really.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We spent more years in the top flight than anyone else; people love to see a "big" club (that isn't their's) in trouble, human nature.

I've watched teams like Chelsea, ManU, Spurs and Leeds go down (City don't count as a historic big club for me) and cheered every moment.

It's a backhanded compliment really.

Thought that was Arsenal?

The press need a story so for them us going down would be just as big as Leicester winning the league, and it feels like they are trying to create their perfect storm, because City winning the league and Southampton, Forest, and Leeds going down doesn’t give them much to write about, but the mighty Everton going down gives them that huge story they are looking for.  

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

The press keep banging on about the rising cost of the stadium.

Haven't we locked in the cost? We announced something like this last year didn't we? Under the headline that it will protect us from rising costs?

Yep. But there are two views; we have locked in everything and the price is fixed, or we’ve locked in the Laing O’Rourke costs but not necessarily the materials. 

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yep. But there are two views; we have locked in everything and the price is fixed, or we’ve locked in the Laing O’Rourke costs but not necessarily the materials. 

I thought it was on materials and LOR costs, but that doesn't factor in logistics, workers, etc. But was apparently the whole caboodle:

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/everton-locks-in-500m-stadium-construction-cost/

I'm now thinking the extra 50% being touted is a clever way of cooking the books... I mean laundering Russian money... I mean covering OPEX costs in a CAPEX project...

Errr....

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I thought it was on materials and LOR costs, but that doesn't factor in logistics, workers, etc. But was apparently the whole caboodle:

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/everton-locks-in-500m-stadium-construction-cost/

I'm now thinking the extra 50% being touted is a clever way of cooking the books... I mean laundering Russian money... I mean covering OPEX costs in a CAPEX project...

Errr....

I thought the same too, but after Moshiri saying £760 other stories started to get thrown around. 

Fixed rate contracts will not include fixed material costs, it would be impossible for any contractor to swallow the rising material costs with in their fixed price, especially in this climate where material costs have increased significantly over the last few years. Maybe it was an exaggerated account released by the club to try and make themselves look like they were competent in running the clubs finances, when they had been heavily criticised for being incompetent in that regard. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Fixed rate contracts will not include fixed material costs, it would be impossible for any contractor to swallow the rising material costs with in their fixed price, especially in this climate where material costs have increased significantly over the last few years. Maybe it was an exaggerated account released by the club to try and make themselves look like they were competent in running the clubs finances, when they had been heavily criticised for being incompetent in that regard. 

I must admit that I thought that at the time. I know nothing about the industry but I was thinking surely they won't lock in the cost of materials? That would be madness from whoever is supplying?

But then I'm sure that's how the club put it to us? That due to this brilliant never seen before deal, the cost of the stadium is secured/fixed? Protecting us from blah blah blah.

My suppliers lock in any material costs that are agreed for a six month period.

As long as I start the project within that six months the material costs are honoured. The project will then take 3 to 9 months depending on size of project. Costs are honoured as long as it’s on the original quote from suppliers.

Travis Perkins do this for £110 + VAT. 
Huws Grey also offer a service as do Jewsons. I would be very surprised if larger companies didn’t offer a certain amount of locked quoting.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hang on, are you saying that this half-a-billion pound stadium would've been a fraction of the price if they'd just got the materials from B&Q?

I think he is, I’ll give you an example I get 6 panel doors from Jewsons for 87% off list price, a rate set up by David Wilson Homes with Jewsons, which means Jewsons supply every single internal door for every home built by Wilsons any where. Wilson’s don’t get a fixed rate per door they get a guaranteed percentage discount, so as soon as the manufacture increases their price because of wholesale costs of raw materials, then that is passed on to Jewsons and they then pass that cost on. The difference in discounts that the biggest companies in the country get dwarf anything that local small businesses would receive from their suppliers. So Shukes would be right his supplier could offer that because of the huge mark up they are making, and if the product costs did rise by 10-15% in 6 months the amount of mark up they put on to sell to small businesses wouldn’t hurt them. 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

I was under the impression that locking in the construction cost does include the materials?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/13/everton-sign-contract-to-complete-new-stadium-construction