IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

10 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

If these guys come in, get the stadium done, and then flip it as suggested, then isn’t that ‘ok’.

I mean that in the sense that, the stadium gets done then maybe they don’t invest too much in the team, which may be difficult enough with FFP anyway, but keep us in the League, we then at least become an attractive investment for someone who might be willing to invest in taking the club forward.

I’m clutching at straws I know, but surely that is a better situation to be in than the status quo?

It’s going to be a long time before we are fighting for Europe again, that much is obvious. But a new stadium and perhaps better people behind the scenes inc. at board level is the best we can hope for at the moment? 

When they flip us, we'll be financially dependent again because the stadium will have been sold to the highest bidder and we'll be paying a lot to be there. 

The line I was taking was that we’d be sold as a package, stadium and all.

Of course, they could well sell off all the assets separately, and probably make a lot more money that way.

Who knows what they’ll end up doing.

As I said, I’m clutching at straws trying to find a glimmer of hope in this deep dark abyss. 

So confusing. Media seems to think it’s a good thing and that if it doesn’t go through we will be in big trouble.

Fans think it’s a bad thing and if it goes through we will be in big trouble.

Anyone on here actually know what they are talking about and can explain a bit for us thicko’s please haha.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This isn’t new though is it?

Haven't we been loaning from these for years. And they are nothing to do with 777. Weren’t these the ones that put up opposition against the last takeover as they didn’t want anyone borrowing money against their actual loan money. 

Which is surely the right thing to do. If anything that told me they have the best interests of the clubs money and their own. 

I hate this world of borrowing everything, it just gets so messed up.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

This isn’t new though is it?

Haven't we been loaning from these for years. And they are nothing to do with 777. Weren’t these the ones that put up opposition against the last takeover as they didn’t want anyone borrowing money against their actual loan money. 

Which is surely the right thing to do. If anything that told me they have the best interests of the clubs money and their own. 

I hate this world of borrowing everything, it just gets so messed up.

They're linked to Billy Bullshit, that's the problem.

The fella is going nowhere.

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

In the words of Colleen Rooney “it’s Phillip green” 

“he’s a friend to Everton”….. “like Mozart” I think blue bill called him.

I thought Mozart was a genius at writing classical music - I wasn’t aware he spent his adult life acting like a sun tanned spiv who ripped off pensioners and loved having his photo with Kate moss.

On 18/09/2023 at 09:04, Matt said:

The more I listen to Simon Jordan (on the commercial aspects of football) the more I like him. Personally, I don't care whether 777 are just in this to flip it. At the end of the day, to flip the club, they will need to have ensured 3 things:

1. The stadium is finished

2. We maintain prem status

3. Our FFP outlook has improved (which it likely will by start of next season anyway)

As I side note, 20 seconds of listening to Martin O'neill is enough to have you banging your head on the table..speak faster, speak louder ffs.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

The more I listen to Simon Jordan (on the commercial aspects of football) the more I like him. Personally, I don't care whether 777 are just in this to flip it. At the end of the day, to flip the club, they will need to have ensured 3 things:

1. The stadium is finished

2. We maintain prem status

3. Our FFP outlook has improved (which it likely will by start of next season anyway)

As I side note, 20 seconds of listening to Martin O'neill is enough to have you banging your head on the table..speak faster, speak louder ffs.

Change the 1st point to stadium is finished and we own it and I agree. 

Jordan is very good at explaining the business part, he's just shite at the punditry 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

With there not being much of a board it'd just be Kenwright sucking his own dick, and no one wants to see that.

Besides, we need new approaches, not the same old same old :D

Maybe Bill will move on if he's not got an audience for it during board meetings?

On 19/09/2023 at 07:27, Matt said:

Is this due to Moshiri lying about putting money into the club then? We can't really have lost his 500m and this too, right??

Is there a chance he's acted as guarantor for these loans and hasn't actually put money in? That would be the smart businessman move. 

Not lost his money. Spent it.