IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

The Esk (from GOT, via Twitter)

Not had it totally confirmed but it appears that Moshiri has injected capital, paid off debts and will exercise options later this summer

He's full of shit he has people clammering on his every word using phrases like "not totally confirmed" and " all but done but things can change" by regurgitating stuff out the press and Twitter he's treated like a god and gets fuck all right.

Wasn't he saying Emery was done on Twitter?

He's full of shit he has people clammering on his every word using phrases like "not totally confirmed" and " all but done but things can change" by regurgitating stuff out the press and Twitter he's treated like a god and gets fuck all right.

Wasn't he saying Emery was done on Twitter?

I believe that was your mate pad ;)

His CV has three players tops.

Kante.

Mahrez.

Vardy. (Questionable as he was already making waves).

Not the the 'name' Technical Director of Football many were hoping for.

i completely agree. so underwhelming. they've been in the prem 3 years, what makes them so magical? one title? come on. get overmars over this guy at least he's been doing the director job for a while, this guys just done scouting. so not impressed.

great news, we actually have a physio!!!

Judging potential DoFs is harder than managers. They are not just head scouts, they need to oversee the academy and ultimately a new manager when that time comes. I'm expecting that the club does a thorough job on any candidates rather than just look at which players they have scouted. And he signed more than just those three, to be precise. Practically the entire Leicester squad has been signed while he was there. Drinkwater, Huth, Morgan, Albrighton and Ulloa were also picked by him. The interesting thing is that those were practically rejects but someone - maybe him - spotted the potential in them.

Overmars has done the job, but I wouldn't call it stellar. Latest news I saw was them spending another 15 million on youngsters when their squad is already filled with young players, even on those very same positions. What they actually need are some older heads. Ajax has spent stupid money on poor signings for years so I would really not want Overmars.

seems like our summer has now reached the everton standard of "why plan things, just go willy nilly". we have a new manager, but he only works with sporting directors. we don't have one of those. we've tried for 2 of them now (monchi, walsh) and been rebuffed. looks like we could have a top rate manager and third rate sporting director.

FFS everton why don't you think things through. by the time we get the sporting director it will be too late to identify targets and needs and sign them with our transfers taking 3 weeks to complete.

FFS everton why?

seems like our summer has now reached the everton standard of "why plan things, just go willy nilly". we have a new manager, but he only works with sporting directors. we don't have one of those. we've tried for 2 of them now (monchi, walsh) and been rebuffed. looks like we could have a top rate manager and third rate sporting director.

FFS everton why don't you think things through. by the time we get the sporting director it will be too late to identify targets and needs and sign them with our transfers taking 3 weeks to complete.

FFS everton why?

Seriously does it need a sporting director to see we need a goalkeeper ?

Just pull the trigger Everton. Lots of good keepers out there.

Well they aimed for the top, as we want them to, and worked their way down the list. Would you rather the club jump straight in at second or third choice or go for the best? I know what I prefer.

I agree it's only a month until the season starts and it would be better to have everyone in early, but it rarely works like that. Besides, half of our team only got back to training today.

Edited by StevO

Well they aimed for the top, as we want them to, and worked their way down the list. Would you rather the club jump straight in at second or third choice or go for the best? I know what I prefer.

I agree it's only a month until the season starts and it would be better to have everyone in early, but it rarely works like that. Besides, half of our team only got back to training today.

Good point Steve better they aimed high with Monchi than just going for a scrub right away.

I like Monchi, but Walsh and jordi cruyff are very underwhelming. I hope they get this wrapped up soon, I imagine koeman does too.

less than 4 weeks till the season starts amigo. aug 13 is the first match. You would have though they would have got the sporting director thing figured out the minute they approached koeman knowing he only works with them. classic everton.

im not worried yet. If I come back from vacation and nothing's changed, then I'll be annoyed

Good point Steve better they aimed high with Monchi than just going for a scrub right away.

I like Monchi, but Walsh and jordi cruyff are very underwhelming. I hope they get this wrapped up soon, I imagine koeman does too.

It's fair to say that walsh's smart acquisitions for Leicester won them the league.

I'd never heard of him but just look at how Leicester fans are reacting. That tells you alot.

It's fair to say that walsh's smart acquisitions for Leicester won them the league.

I'd never heard of him but just look at how Leicester fans are reacting. That tells you alot.

I really hope so haf I really do. I just want the best for the club and moshiri does too, that is very evident. He did scout drogba and the like for Chelsea too, but then went to Newcastle and hull city so nothing impressive there scouting wise.