IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

I really hope so haf I really do. I just want the best for the club and moshiri does too, that is very evident. He did scout drogba and the like for Chelsea too, but then went to Newcastle and hull city so nothing impressive there scouting wise.

I did look at the Newcastle gig but its fair to say he had limited time there and not many signings were made

Although Mosh-man will always get the credit for all the work involved in 'moving the club forward', someone who's gone very much under the radar is Alexander Ryazantsev. By all accounts, he's the instigator and negotiator for all these deals. Moshiri is the banker (effectively) and the guy who has the vision, Alex is the orchestrator, he's the one actually doing the deeds.

He seems a REAL asset to the board. It makes a bloody change and I LOVE it.

You can have the best vision for the future but without the right kind of person to implement it, it'll never get off the ground. This guy has been like a f*cking steam train.

Keep going Alex. Keep them heads rolling you scary but beautiful Russian mafia man.

if true it continues to back up my opinion of Moshiri. a no non-sense guy who gets shit done regardless of cost or difficulty.

You wait until we don't get the results he wants and doesn't have the cash to keep injecting into the club endlessly. That money will disappear and we'll be screwed.

You wait until we don't get the results he wants and doesn't have the cash to keep injecting into the club endlessly. That money will disappear and we'll be screwed.

1.5 billion dollars doesn't disappear by spending a couple mil on a director of football. we'd have to go through about 1000 of them to deplete his fortune.

Edited by markjazzbassist

1.5 billion dollars doesn't disappear by spending a couple mil on a director of football. we'd have to go through about 1000 of them to deplete his fortune.

He's not investing £1.5b, that;s his worth. He'll have ringfenced some money, the rest of our expenditure will be from the TV money. He'll see that spending big now and getting foundations set, will save us money in the long run.

He's not investing £1.5b, that;s his worth. He'll have ringfenced some money, the rest of our expenditure will be from the TV money. He'll see that spending big now and getting foundations set, will save us money in the long run.

Here's hoping. Villa is a prime example of what can happen when an owner loses interest or realizes that he's in a losing investment.

Here's hoping. Villa is a prime example of what can happen when an owner loses interest or realizes that he's in a losing investment.

With all due respect you're comparing 2 COMPLETELY different people.

Lerner inherited the Browns (my hometown team) from his father (who did care and was a great owner). He's a rich kid, so he bought Villa to play with as well. They both tanked and he sold both because he's not a businessman, just a rich kid.

Moshiri was a businessman who went into business and is a self-made man. He worked hard for his money. In addition to that he was a shareholder with Arsenal for a number of years. He's familiar with English football and the business aspect of it.

With all due respect you're comparing 2 COMPLETELY different people.

Lerner inherited the Browns (my hometown team) from his father (who did care and was a great owner). He's a rich kid, so he bought Villa to play with as well. They both tanked and he sold both because he's not a businessman, just a rich kid.

Moshiri was a businessman who went into business and is a self-made man. He worked hard for his money. In addition to that he was a shareholder with Arsenal for a number of years. He's familiar with English football and the business aspect of it.

I agree with Mark here. Moshiri is a business man. His fortune will be tied up in a range of investments and businesses and will probably not be easily turned into cash. He probably won't have large sums of ready cash to throw at the club. This is no bad thing, as he will be disciplined and any spending will be carefully evaluated and most likely invested with a view to the long-term. ie its not only players but a new ground too. I think its a 5 to 8 year project and we need to be patient.

Having said that, I haven't time to be patient. :D

Edited by johnh

Lerner trusted the wrong people and invested big. He put credit card marketeers and ex senior military in high profile roles... they were loyal and hard working but had no clue about football. The man who he backed was MON and he blew the lot.

We've gone in and got a top manager, we have a kick arse russian calling the shots and now a man with talent spotting pedigree.

Lerner trusted the wrong people and invested big. He put credit card marketeers and ex senior military in high profile roles... they were loyal and hard working but had no clue about football. The man who he backed was MON and he blew the lot.

We've gone in and got a top manager, we have a kick arse russian calling the shots and now a man with talent spotting pedigree.

It'll be very exciting if we get it right. The steps so far have looked good but I won't get ahead of myself before I see what players we bring in.

It'll be great having someone in charge that has ambition and the means to try and make that ambition a reality. Kenwright may have had the ambition (I'm not convinced he did though if I'm honest) but he definitely did not have any way of making the ambition come to fruition. Edited by Romey 1878

• 4 weeks later...

this would be amazing.... he would come in and have a clear motivation to get revenge on the Arsenal board for keeping him out for so long. Its a bit like a player being kept on a bench for one team - being allowed to leave and then they get the opportunity to play against the ex manager.....

be amazing if this happens.

If Usmanov came on board with Moshiri we would be a major major force the financial clout and contacts both have would be unreal

I do think it will happen at some point in the future he's getting nowhere in his pursuit of acquiring Arsenal Kronke won't let go or budge and he has little to no say on what goes on there

Come on Penfold join the party