IGNORED

Predict our result - The Game!

Bill

You're either comedy genius or the new year festivities have taken their toll on you... look again!

That is abuse of your privileges Mike!!! Obviously the latter then ;)

:rofl:

It was only up for thirty seconds before I realised the mistake Carlos....trust you to notice ya bastard :shaking fist:.

Lets keep it between the two of us eh :blush:?

where's the current table or all this is pointless?

No, it's not. I'm a perennial masochist and enjoy allowing people to witness just how terrible I am at predicting scores.

This evening, I may sit down and create a spreadsheet to record predictions and scores and generate everyone's points. Watch this space.

Since I'm volunteering to keep track of everyone's preductions versus actual scores and to publish a table each week with everyone's score, and since it's taking me a lot of time to create the necessary spreadsheet with automatic formulas and the like, I'm taking the liberty to change the rules for points awarded. These changes, in my opinion, will make the competition a little more fair and will address idiosyncrasies pointed out earlier in the thread. To compensate, I shall publish everyone's most recent game score, monthly score, and total score for the season. That way, no one has to worry about being too far behind to care (me, for example) because you can still win the game and monthly competitions. Please don't change the way you predict scores. For example, you may predict:

Stoke 1-1 Everton (Baines)

So, here's the new approach to scoring, with a few examples to make it all clear.

- 1 point for predicting the correct result (win, lose, or draw)

- 1 point for predicting the number of goals scored by Everton

- 1 point for predicting the correct goal difference (+1, -2, etc.)

- 1 point for predicting correctly the first Everton goalscorer (or 'own goal'). No point awarded when no goal scored.

- 1 extra point for predicting the exact score

- 1 extra point for getting everything right

To quote examples, let's take the Southampton game. It went Southampton 1-2 Everton (Coleman).

Example 1: You predict Southampton 0-0 Everton (Lukaku). You get zero points.

Example 2: You predict Southampton 0-1 Everton (Lukaku). You get a point for predicting the correct result (a win) and a point for predicting the correct goal difference (+1 Everton). That's 2 points in total.

Example 3: You predict Southampton 1-3 Everton (Lukaku). You get a point for predicting the correct result and a point for predicting the number of goals scored by Everton. That's 2 points in total.

Example 4: You predict Southampton 1-2 Everton (Lukaku). You get a point for predicting the correct result, a point for predicting the number of goals scored by Everton, a point for predicting the correct goal difference, and an extra point for the exact score. That's 4 points in total.

Example 5: You predict Southampton 1-1 Everton (Coleman). You get a point for predicting the number of goals scored by Everton and a point for predicting the first Everton goal scorer. That's 2 points in total.

Example 6: You predict Southampton 1-2 Everton (Coleman). You get the maximum 6 points.

I'm working on the spreadsheet still and will post current standings ASAP.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I've created a spreadsheet, entered all the scores, and calculated everybody's points for all EPL games played to date. In the next few messages, you'll see tables and points as they stood after each game. (I hope this is not too pedantic, but I wanted to allow everyone to see how well they did for each game.) You'll see:

- Actual score and first goal-scorer and your predictions

- Your points total for the game, for the month, and for the season

Note: Your name appears in a summary table only if you made a prediction that week.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Sorry. Trying to figure out how to post cells from a spreadsheet. Any tips? I assumed it was as simple as cutting and pasting, but this produces gobbledegook.

PS - Now I understand how much work this is! Create the spreadsheet, save each individual sheet as a PDF file, convert to JPG format, create a Photo Bucket account, upload all the files, and then post here! Thank you, Bill, for all the hard work you did running this competition.

Edited by Cornish Steve