IGNORED

Fellaini & Baines joint bid

While accepting that many Managers go back to their previous clubs for players(Martinez for one), they have not usually just spent 11 years building solid foundations, professing to love the club, then come back and attempt to undermine all the previous work. I also suspect, as stated in some reports, that it was done to try to unsettle the players. Moyes in my eyes, is a graceless Twat, and I sincerly hope that this is put over to him when he returns to Goodison with his new love.

Edited by bassman

Ok its hard to compare the two deals but im also sure that Everton wouldnt pay way over the top. the 17 at the time was a lot of money for him. Might even have been slightly more than he was worth, but not comparable to Carroll. That was just one stupid deal.

Transfermarkt has Fellaini at 24.5 mil pounds. Probably closer to the real market value although it seems to be based on the release clause. Man U can jog on.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marouane-fellaini/profil/spieler_39679.html?from=news_text

I know transfermarkt isnt the absolute truth but they seem to know their stuff. They have Carroll at 14 mil. (still high in my opinion)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/andy-carroll/profil/spieler_48066.html

Baines at 19.5 mil

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/leighton-baines/profil/spieler_13507.html

McCarthy at 6 mil is a true evaluation but Wigan want 15 mil

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/james-mccarthy/profil/spieler_45333.html

IF Man Utd came back with 44 mil id say that Everton should sell both. RM could do wonders with that kind of transfer kitty and we have Oviedo already. The squad would be better off in the long term

Maybe this is just part of the European football culture that I don't understand, but can someone explain to me why this is a big deal? I find it mildly annoying that they keep sending these underwhelming bids but it seems like a lot of you are genuinely pissed off about it. I'm sure it's a pain in the ass for the board and Martinez to deal with but I don't really see how it affects us or the club. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

For me its a big deal as they are attempting to unsettle our players and force our hand into selling. If Baines and Fellaini are interested in leaving, this offer could push them into asking for the move and weakens our prospects of holding out for top dollar. The supposed "big clubs" try these underhand tactics all the time to unsettle players and bully clubs into selling their prize assets.

It seemed like they tried to do it with Cesc Fabregas but you cant unsettle a Barcelona player (already playing for a top club) and can't bully Barcelona into accepting a bid

For me its a big deal as they are attempting to unsettle our players and force our hand into selling. If Baines and Fellaini are interested in leaving, this offer could push them into asking for the move and weakens our prospects of holding out for top dollar. The supposed "big clubs" try these underhand tactics all the time to unsettle players and bully clubs into selling their prize assets.

It seemed like they tried to do it with Cesc Fabregas but you cant unsettle a Barcelona player (already playing for a top club) and can't bully Barcelona into accepting a bid

Okay, this makes some sense. Still, a few things seem off. I understand the "trying to unsettle" players thing but the entire world knows that Man U is interested in those two. So it's not like they needed to submit a bid just for the sake of making their interest "known." Even if Fellaini and/or Baines want to leave surely this underwhelming bid wouldn't make any difference. Neither guy is going to run to Kenwright demanding answers. You'd think that if Man U wanted to really try to put pressure they'd make enticing bids and put all the pressure on Everton.

The whole thing is puzzling. I don't expect Man U to play their best hand right now but I fail to see what the hell they were trying to accomplish with such a pathetic bid.

Okay, this makes some sense. Still, a few things seem off. I understand the "trying to unsettle" players thing but the entire world knows that Man U is interested in those two. So it's not like they needed to submit a bid just for the sake of making their interest "known." Even if Fellaini and/or Baines want to leave surely this underwhelming bid wouldn't make any difference. Neither guy is going to run to Kenwright demanding answers. You'd think that if Man U wanted to really try to put pressure they'd make enticing bids and put all the pressure on Everton.

The whole thing is puzzling. I don't expect Man U to play their best hand right now but I fail to see what the hell they were trying to accomplish with such a pathetic bid.

It's not about making their interest "known" so much. They put this shitty bid in hoping that now the two players will kick up a fuss to make the move happen and therefore United won't have to pay a true value for them. It's so unerhanded and disrespectful.

Interest is one thing a firm offer is another. Fellaini would look pretty stupid marching in and demanding a move only to be told no offer had been forthcoming. For me it works like this, they offer £16 million for Fellaini - we reject this offer but Fellaini makes it clear he want to leave - they come back with a final £20 million take it or leave it offer, we then either take it or reject it. The rejection sees us have a player who is unsettled the acceptance sees us lose a player for less than his true value

Interest is one thing a firm offer is another. Fellaini would look pretty stupid marching in and demanding a move only to be told no offer had been forthcoming. For me it works like this, they offer £16 million for Fellaini - we reject this offer but Fellaini makes it clear he want to leave - they come back with a final £20 million take it or leave it offer, we then either take it or reject it. The rejection sees us have a player who is unsettled the acceptance sees us lose a player for less than his true value

Right, I get that. But that only leads into my point. With this pathetic offer Fellaini and his agent hold very little persuasive power. If Man U makes a legitimate offer then the pressure is on Kenwright and Martinez.

Imagine you have a sofa or something worth $10,000 and your wife wants you to get rid of it. If someone offers you 500 bucks for your $10,000 sofa then you're not going to But if someone comes with an $8,000 offer... you're going to feel pressure to accept that "bid" or at least work towards finalizing something. I just think that if Man U's objective was to get Fellaini/Baines to pressure Everton into accepting a bid then they'd make a bid that Fellaini/Baines would actually realistically see as reasonable for Everton to go forward with.

I'd put a return bid in for £10 mil for rooney....we can all play silly beggers can't we. The golum's got too big for his boots. I've never said this before but I would love to see his face if the shite batter them this season. I don't think I've ever wanted that to happen, but he's gone too far.....

If the numbers are right then this is not just insulting to us as a club, it's derogatory to the players involved. In addition, Fellaini already knows he's Moyes 3rd/4th choice for his new midfielder after the other enquiries/bids they've made.

Moyes clearly has both players on his wish list - and who can blame him - and it's his new club's job to try to get them for him, but however hands-off he claims to be when it comes to bidding for them he will be all too aware of how those low-ball offers will be viewed at his old club.

Interestingly, from speaking to and reading supporters of other clubs, it's not just us who thinks £28m is insulting. I haven't had one person yet saying that we should accept the offer.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider the deal for less than £40m.

If we don't want to sell them, just say; "No, thanks. They're not for sale". If the pair put in a transfer request say to them; "Sorry, we pay your wages. You're not for sale so throw your transfer request in the bin or wipe your arse with it, for all we care."

If we do want to sell them, just say; "That's not enough money. You'll have to offer more than that." and wait for an increased offer to come in, then accept it when it reaches what we value our players at.

They will, ultimately, be sold and that's not a bad thing in the long run. When, not if, the offer is increased to £34m for the pair, they will be sold.

how do they work values out? just out of interest...i mean they have gibson at 3.5m and joe allen at 12.5...is joe allen worth 9m more?

they also value barkley at 4m

Im not actually sure but I think that it also has to do with transfer rumours in newspapers. If someone quotes Fellaini to be worth 40 mil and someone else 20 mil then the Transfermarkt value would probably be 30 mil. (average rumour)

Not many Barkley rumours going around so the 4 mil must be based on something else

A lot of us United fans are pissed with the club for such an insulting offer.

But what I don't understand is that we've offered the same amount for Baines as we did more than a month ago?

That's idiotic. Don't know what the club is thinking of. Do they really think you'd be willing to sell for an amount you've already rejected, just because we're throwing in some more money for an additional player?

Fucking idiotic. Blame our new man in charge of transfers. He ought to be sacked.

Edited by pukalala

I'd put a return bid in for £10 mil for rooney....we can all play silly beggers can't we. The golum's got too big for his boots. I've never said this before but I would love to see his face if the shite batter them this season. I don't think I've ever wanted that to happen, but he's gone too far.....

some on redcafe saying baines isn't worth 20m

not sure how he isn't...he attacks, he defends, takes set pieces to a high level, crosses the ball more than most players to a high level, sets up more chances than most players, possibly the fittest player i have ever seen(how many games has he missed through injury in his everton career) and that's playing 90 mins every time..add to that the fact that not many great left backs around...i'm not sure how he can't be worth at least 20m

:dont know:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.