IGNORED

Fellaini & Baines joint bid

The offer from United would represent a £7mil profit on the initial outlay by Everton. How insulting.

I'm disgusted and appalled that my club would offer to sign footballers for more than what their current club paid for them. This is a sad day for football

arrogance of some united fans

Why is this such a shock to people? Fellaini and Baines are commodities, nothing more and nothing less. United try and do this with all/most players they're interested in. Why should we expect them to do anything differently to us? Moyes has said he would like these two players and their 'numbers people' are initially 'trying it on'.

Keep your hopes high and expectations low, where Utd are concerned.

I would hope this is a negotiating ploy, but the number really is ridiculous. (i) Make an offer for Baines that was point-blank refused weeks ago; (ii) Make an offer for Fellaini that's far below the buy-out figure. They must be totally crazy. It's insulting and breath-takingly arrogant.

From early on, I thought the pair would leave for between 40m and 45m. Now, honestly, I wouldn't budge for anything under 50m. If I was an Everton negotiator, I'd be seriously ticked off by this development.

Why is this such a shock to people? Fellaini and Baines are commodities, nothing more and nothing less. United try and do this with all/most players they're interested in. Why should we expect them to do anything differently to us? Moyes has said he would like these two players and their 'numbers people' are initially 'trying it on'.

Keep your hopes high and expectations low, where Utd are concerned.

I would make an official offer of £20m for RVP and Rooney - just to be a pedantic sod.

Edited by Hafnia

BBC...

Who said the following? "Everton sell very expensively. That's what we do.

"We don't sell cheap because that is why he is on a five-year deal and the chairman looks after the players and gives them what he can. So he is not for sale."

Well, it was a certain Manchester United manager David Moyes in 2011 while he was in charge at Everton and in response to Leighton Baines being linked with a move to Liverpool.

I believe Baines will always give 100% to who ever employs him, I'm not so sure about Fellaini.

I would put out a statement saying Baines is simply not for sale, but Fellaini can leave for £25million.That's maybe not quite enough for him, I just think that making him stay will not do Everton any good.

Buy a couple of good players whos combined wage would probably only equal Fellaini's and chuck a few million at the debt.

Fellaini will I'm sure think to himself that he's worth £25million, so if no buyer comes in he may well resign himself to having to do the business for us.Don't stand in his way so he can sulk, just let other clubs decide if it's worth paying the market value for him.

It's an early test For Martinez, how will he handle the players in question.He could do what liverpool have done to Saurez 'make him stay'.

If we are thinking about selling I'd rather see baines stay and Fellini go for £25+ million, hopefully after Arsenals shite performance on Saturday they might come in for Fellini or even both and start a bidding war

That was my hope too, but it's now being reported on SSN that Arsenal have bid for Newcastle's Cabaye.

I want to us to take United to the FA for poaching and talking to moyes whilst under contract. Sick of the way we get bullyed. I would actively try and sell fellaini to another club. Moyes needs a midfielder, apparently their result the other day flattered them, lets hope RVP does his ankle for a period and leaves united short of their match winnner - especially with Rooney reluctant to play for them.

I'm happy for Fellaini and Baines to go, but has to be for the right price, which for me £45-£50m.

We have to be realistic and understand our business model is based upon making large profits on players brought in.

We should be able to find the next Fellaini, Baines and then some with the money raised.

I don't like not being able to fight on the same financial level as the top 4, but we are where we are until we get a major funding vehicle of some sort.

I want to us to take United to the FA for poaching and talking to moyes whilst under contract. Sick of the way we get bullyed. I would actively try and sell fellaini to another club. Moyes needs a midfielder, apparently their result the other day flattered them, lets hope RVP does his ankle for a period and leaves united short of their match winnner - especially with Rooney reluctant to play for them.

Couldn't agree more Haf.... They were totally outplayed but were dynamic in front of goal... A top four side is going to rinse them.

Couldn't agree more Haf.... They were totally outplayed but were dynamic in front of goal... A top four side is going to rinse them.

Doubt that. We'll see next Monday against Chelsea.

Also, wishing an injury on a player who has absolutely nothing to do with this? Classy.

Edited by pukalala

Doubt that. We'll see next Monday against Chelsea.

Also, wishing an injury on a player who has absolutely nothing to do with this? Classy.

WOW - United fan talking about being "classy" It's nothing against RVP - I actually think he's a good pro and a tremendous player. He will get paid, it's against the arrogance that is Man United and thinking they can have rooney as some sort of injury cover for RVP. Offering a measly amount for two players on the eve of the season.... classy indeed.

I think you will find Moyes demonstrating what he did with us - that he lacks the bottle to play the top 4 teams. I expect you to sit back and try and soak up the chelsea pressure and catch them on the break. It will not work.

Your club could easily be fined for tapping up moyes and certainly the way in which they have tried to unsettle keys players.

Fact is Man U can offer £1 or £100m, its their prerogative and I wouldn't be upset by it.

Another fact is that it's our prerogative to decline the offer if it doesn't match our valuation.

I'd be more interested to know who leaked the story to the press as the bids were made last week and by coming out now could be an attempt to unsettle the players.

Fact is Man U can offer £1 or £100m, its their prerogative and I wouldn't be upset by it.

Another fact is that it's our prerogative to decline the offer if it doesn't match our valuation.

I'd be more interested to know who leaked the story to the press as the bids were made last week and by coming out now could be an attempt to unsettle the players.

I'd guess at United having leaked the news because we hadn't disclosed it, and because we hadn't disclosed the bid it was hard for the bid to do it's job and unsettle the players, so they had to get it out somehow.

With these types of transfers there's always an opening bid, it's just that this is a very low one. I think if they stick another £10m on to the offer then the club might start talking to them, that would be £23m for Fellaini and £15m for Baines, i could see movement then.

The important thing is that IF it's going to happen, let's get it done and dusted this week so Roberto has time to strengthen the squad with what he needs.

There's going in low and then there is taking the mickey. Fellaini cost us £17m (with add ons) Baines £6m (with add ons) - total outlay £22m - they have improved vastly and united offer an average £3m profit per player??? I'll say it again United need to come out with a statement apologising and offering £35m plus (which I would reject and demand £40m).

They clearly haven't learned from messing up the ronaldinho transfer years ago by being too tight. Looking forward to talksport on the way home, lets see how Durham sees it.

With these types of transfers there's always an opening bid, it's just that this is a very low one. I think if they stick another £10m on to the offer then the club might start talking to them, that would be £23m for Fellaini and £15m for Baines, i could see movement then.

The important thing is that IF it's going to happen, let's get it done and dusted this week so Roberto has time to strengthen the squad with what he needs.

We should be looking for more than that imo. Baines is the best left back in the league. I know he is 28, but he's the van Persie among left backs. 18m or higher or we'll keep him. Fellaini is 25 years old, entering his prime. 25m or higher.

This bid may have been responsible for the below par performances of Baines and Fellaini at the weekend. I'm not opposed to losing Fellaini this transfer window but it needs to be nearer 25 + million just for him. Disappointed with bid and it stinks of double standards. I love to see Real or Barca bidding for Van Persie.