IGNORED

Fellaini & Baines joint bid

You know how teams work though, when they put a low bid in it is because they want to unnerve the player. Like yesterday with Arsenal and Cabaye, they wanted to put in a low bid, unsettle the player and make him push for a move. Cabaye will go to Arsenal. I think what United are hoping for is that a low bid of 12 mil for Baines will get him to say you know what yeah I want to leave and make them push for the move and big a bit more. Next offer will be 16.5 million for Baines and 19million for Fellaini...IF they push for a move that is.

I normally agree with you Haf, but im not buying this crap that Fellaini isnt focused. Yes that lad got past him pretty easy, but by that basis Pienaar and Baines arent focused too, he walked past them. Read the stats from the executioner and you'll see just how involved he was with our play, and had the second most touches of any player in the EPL at the weekend. If he wasnt focused why would be be on the ball so much? Surely he would just be strolling through the game?

Every other season Fellaini has been mouthing off about Chelsea, or anyone else who might be interested, his Dad normally has his say too. This summer they've both been quiet, maybe, just maybe, Martinez has spoken with him about how important he can be for us, playing in his prefered position and he wants to stay?

If we are thinking about selling I'd rather see baines stay and Fellini go for £25+ million, hopefully after Arsenals shite performance on Saturday they might come in for Fellini or even both and start a bidding war

Not going to say 'I told you so' but........ Lol

so far as I saw it, he was disciplined enough to not just take out the player like he usually would, which wouldve given them a dangerous freekick and him a booking. Not to mention the fact it shouldnt have got to him in the 1st place!

People are picking up on any little thing to justify selling him. Apart from that one mistake in the game, he was dominant and has been for a long time. We should be saying no sale to both players, regardless of possible income. If he is not living up to expectation, sell in January for an inflated price or after the World Cup as suggested. Should definitely not be this window and everyone should be behind him.

He didn't have to take the player out - he merely needed to attempt to take the ball, even then he stood where he was whilst the play continued, the ball rebounding and where was he stood? exactly where he was when the player had gone past him. Pure idleness, he did have an ok game apart from that - but again, compare his approach to that you seen against Man United last season.

I normally agree with you Haf, but im not buying this crap that Fellaini isnt focused. Yes that lad got past him pretty easy, but by that basis Pienaar and Baines arent focused too, he walked past them. Read the stats from the executioner and you'll see just how involved he was with our play, and had the second most touches of any player in the EPL at the weekend. If he wasnt focused why would be be on the ball so much? Surely he would just be strolling through the game?

Every other season Fellaini has been mouthing off about Chelsea, or anyone else who might be interested, his Dad normally has his say too. This summer they've both been quiet, maybe, just maybe, Martinez has spoken with him about how important he can be for us, playing in his prefered position and he wants to stay?

I'm tough on fellaini, thats true - the reason I am is that I know how good he can be. A 7/10 fellaini is a like a 10/10 phil neville. But I can't really let him off for lapses like that because he is a monster.

There is a heck of a lot of silence coming from Baines and Fellainis camp - we will soon see how it will play out.

baines and distin watched the lad just wander to the rebound...distin even pulled up and stood there to watch..that was far lazier than fellaini's attempt

This is true also, and I seriously hope Martinez let them all know about it. Just gutted that 3 points that were so achievable went by, haven't seen us have so much possession before.

He didn't have to take the player out - he merely needed to attempt to take the ball, even then he stood where he was whilst the play continued, the ball rebounding and where was he stood? exactly where he was when the player had gone past him. Pure idleness, he did have an ok game apart from that - but again, compare his approach to that you seen against Man United last season.

an ok game?! bloody hell, their midfield couldnt get near the ball because of him. As Steve mentioned, 2nd most touches in the EPL this weekend. Thats because he was dominating the game, linking the ball down the wings and to Barkley.

Each game is different to the next. For every Wigan, theres a plethora of games where he was man of the match (at least, according the people of Toffeetalk) - we voted for him more times than anyone else over the season. Im not saying its an exact science, but its a rough indicator and a reminder for those with a fickle / short memory.

I'm tough on fellaini, thats true - the reason I am is that I know how good he can be. A 7/10 fellaini is a like a 10/10 phil neville. But I can't really let him off for lapses like that because he is a monster.

There is a heck of a lot of silence coming from Baines and Fellainis camp - we will soon see how it will play out.

and so there should be, it shows a bit of class from our players. that is reassuring.

dont go bringing reason and logic here, Steve!

Come on guys, I don't think it is Moyes who is putting the bids in. United have always been cheeky...

From the Guardian: "The offer was made late last week by United's executive vice-president Ed Woodward but sanctioned by Moyes, leaving Everton's chairman, Bill Kenwright, furious at the valuation and its potential disruption to Roberto Martínez's debut season at Goodison Park."

All the great posts on this issue show the depth of feeling it has stirred up. Remember when Real Madrid started chasing Christiano Ronaldo ?

Forget Fergusons exact words, but it was along the lines of Real Madrid lacking class, being disrespectful and generally acting in a

underhand and unprofessional manner. Wonder what his views are of the way his club is acting.

Add to it the hardball Moyes is playing over Rooney, a player desperate to leave Old Trafford, what a fucking hypocrites David moyes and all

at Manchester United are. Fine for them to behave atrociously to other clubs then. What an unclassy shower of shit they are.

Im resigned to the fact Fellaini will leave either now or January, thought it for a while, and if we sell him I hope its to anyone except

Man Utd, and whoever it is for the very top price.

Leighton Baines is an all together more worrying matter, just praying that he stays or tells us one way or another.

Jeffers, Rooney, Lescott we,ve been down this road so often. Imagine how we will feel if Baines left very last deal of the transfer window

like Arteta.

Wish I could be just looking forward to our forthcoming games, not worrying about this bastard business.

And Martinez made it pretty clear that he wont sell anyone or buy anyone now that the season has started.

Really? Well if he honestly believes that then he need's to give himself a shake imo as we are in desperate need of midfield additions, even if Fellaini ends up staying. Osman is showing he is not up to the job and Gibson managed to get himself injured before the season even started and will no doubt get injured again at some point during the season, leaving Barkley and possibly Fellaini. No way is that adequate imo.

And Martinez made it pretty clear that he wont sell anyone or buy anyone now that the season has started.

That's not actually what he said. He said he wouldn't talk about those things now the season has started but that the fans would be the first to know if any players leave or come in.

That's not actually what he said. He said he wouldn't talk about those things now the season has started but that the fans would be the first to know if any players leave or come in.

You say potatoe...

I read between the lines and saw "no more additions"

Ok perhaps I salted the saying slightly but some times 2+2=5

Edit*

before someone asks how.

2.4 rounded down plus 2.4 rounded down is the same as 2+2

The total is 4.8 which rounded up = 5

It wont hold up in court so dont shoot me :D

Edited by Peter H

I love your directness Romey.... and I agree. If Cleverley was at WBA/Fulham etc no one would be raving about him.

To be fair when on loan at Wigan (not sure if it was under Martinez) he was the best player on the pitch at Goodison.

I'm not that sold on him but he's young and certainly has potential, I agree that he doesn't fully merit the starting place he gets for England and believe like many that, that's because of him playing for Man U. Don't believe they'd get rid anyway!!!