IGNORED

Fellaini & Baines joint bid

I'm not in love with how Moyes is handling things but I also recognize that this is a business and things were inevitably going to get ugly to some extent. I don't really blame Moyes for passive aggressively trying to convince Fellaini and Baines to push for a move. But the ridiculous bid they made does leave a sour taste in my mouth.

We'll I have to say . Was a fan and feel a sick now!

This is am ideal situation to stand up and be counted BK. Your ex manager feels he knows "exactly" how the club works.... Better even than its own chairman. I would be so grateful to you if you stood up to this prick and helped Everton turn a corner now.

WE ARE EVERTON FC! Bigger than any player or manager that ever graced the earth.

His fawning over "sir Alex" makes me sick.

"If I had been Everton manager and Sir Alex Ferguson had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini Id have found it very difficult to keep them"

I knew nothing at all until Sir Alex gave me a call and asked me to come to his house. I was expecting him to say, Im going to take one of your players or something else."

He's been in bed with SAF too long.

Bill has a real opportunity right now to get back in favour with ALL fans.

If he comes out after the game today, hopefully after a win, and says we will not be selling Baines or Fellaini this summer, regardless of how big any bid may be, we are keeping our best players while they are still under very well paid contracts he will gain a few fans. He can publicly reject every offer that comes in, make all the details public, but keep rejecting them and take the siege mentality he has shown against KEIOC and BU and turn it on these idiots who are trying to get at us. He could really galvanise the club and the fan base if he plays this right.

Jose does it, he convinces the players and the fans the world are against them when things get tough. Makes them really stick together and fight back. Bill could do just this, if he goes about it in the right way.

United have always used the media to their advantage. They'll be feeding the media what they want reported. Whether Moyes has any sway in it is another matter, of course.

thats my point, Moyes isn't the negotiator. Someone in the background might be feeding the media, but I doubt very much that its Davie.

lost a lot of respect for Moyes, if these quotes are true. I actually thought he had enough class to stay clear of raiding his own club for player. For him to be talking like this in the media and going out of his way to destabilise and turn palyer heads is a kick in the teeth to Everton FC and all concerned.

I am astounded at his lack of respect.

I was wishing him well at Man U - but not anymore.

So, another derisory bid from the bog eyed little twat! Meeting Fellis 23.5m as per his ex- get out payment, making 14.5 m for Baines! I know some will say its not all down to Moyes, but I have gone from admiring him to hating him in a very short space of time!! Time for Bill to grow a pair and tell gollum to Fuck right off!

I think 38 mil is getting there. With clever work on the transfer market that could get us 4-5 players that improve the starting 11/squad.

Sad to see both go but sometimes you have to do whats best for the club and the club is bigger than Fellaini and Baines.

Would prefer to just sell Felli at around 28 mil though

I think 38 mil is getting there. With clever work on the transfer market that could get us 4-5 players that improve the starting 11/squad.

Sad to see both go but sometimes you have to do whats best for the club and the club is bigger than Fellaini and Baines.

I agree that nobody is bigger than the club, sad to see them go, but we would eventually move on, and yes, clever work would get us 4-5 players, but can you see that happening in 5 days? I dont think so. Once again, a la Arteta, we would be left high and dry with a late move, and crys of anguish from the board about not having time to get anyone, and you can guarentee, come January window, the funds will have been swallowed up elsewhere!

Edited by bassman

He's not worth that though that's why no one has moved even when the release fee was active. Look at it from a different viewpoint, when Fellaini joined us he was raw, petulent, poor disciplinary record, but it was obvious that he had something, so it was up to Moyes to polish the rough edges and make him into a player. So 5 years down the line and what's changed.. not that much imo, YES he has improved his overall game but he is still petulent/sulky, still ill disciplined, no one seems to know whether he is better upfront or as a defensive player. The big teams want more of a finished article than what Fellaini offers imo. Don't get me wrong he deserves his chance in the CL, but he has been linked with moves ever since he got here yet no one has ever actually come in for him, somewhere around the £23m release fee is about correct imo.

Agreed - However, at present, we'd really struggle to match anywhere near the efforts of last season.

Rumours that Spurs have bid £6.9m for Erikson...? If that was the case, i'd go all out to get him with the money.

Alderwereld & Erikson - Double swoop. (combining the two rumoured prices) For £14/5m.

Marrone - £7m

Milan Bedelj - £7m

Moses - £6m

:happy:

I agree that nobody is bigger than the club, sad to see them go, but we would eventually move on, and yes, clever work would get us 4-5 players, but can you see that happening in 5 days? I dont think so. Once again, a la Arteta, we would be left high and dry with a late move, and crys of anguish from the board about not having time to get anyone, and you can guarentee, come January window, the funds will have been swallowed up elsewhere!

5 days is a lot more than a few hours a la Arteta. Im sure that the club has a short list of players that would improve the club incase Felli and Baines goes.

I'm liking the prospect of moving for Erikson and Alderwereld. 2 quality players.

The trouble is some are saying we should spend the money on this and that player but the likely hood is we will see less then half of any money coming in if they are sold.

Money will go to appease the banks then you have to take into account we will owe Liege a decent sized sell on fee.