IGNORED

Fellaini & Baines joint bid

Doubt that. We'll see next Monday against Chelsea.

Also, wishing an injury on a player who has absolutely nothing to do with this? Classy.

WOW - United fan talking about being "classy" It's nothing against RVP - I actually think he's a good pro and a tremendous player. He will get paid, it's against the arrogance that is Man United and thinking they can have rooney as some sort of injury cover for RVP. Offering a measly amount for two players on the eve of the season.... classy indeed.

I think you will find Moyes demonstrating what he did with us - that he lacks the bottle to play the top 4 teams. I expect you to sit back and try and soak up the chelsea pressure and catch them on the break. It will not work.

Your club could easily be fined for tapping up moyes and certainly the way in which they have tried to unsettle keys players.

If we'd really been unlawful in our approach to Moyes then Everton would have reported us to the FA.

And "tried to unsettle key players"? What, bidding for them? Or are clubs not allowed to bid for players unless its well in advance of the league season and at an amount that is more than likely going to be accepted?

Get off your high horse and stop acting like Everton have never done the exact same thing.

Edited by pukalala

If we'd really been unlawful in our approach to Moyes then Everton would have reported us to the FA.

And "tried to unsettle key players"? What, bidding for them? Or are clubs not allowed to bid for players unless its well in advance of the league season and at an amount that is more than likely going to be accepted?

Get off your high horse and stop acting like Everton have never done the exact same thing.

You haven't just "put a bid in" though. You've offered the same amount we have already rejected for baines which is a clear attempt to unsettle him and you have offered less than we have eventually paid for Fellaini. How would you think we would not be insulted?

When have we ever done something like this? Name me one occasion?

Think you would earn a lot more respect from fans on here and in general if you just admitted that your club/manager has been a grade A cunt. I know you won't of course, even if it is impossible to deny.

This bid may have been responsible for the below par performances of Baines and Fellaini at the weekend. I'm not opposed to losing Fellaini this transfer window but it needs to be nearer 25 + million just for him. Disappointed with bid and it stinks of double standards. I love to see Real or Barca bidding for Van Persie.

id put that down to the international games during midweek, with Felli just finishing a course of antibiotics.

You haven't just "put a bid in" though. You've offered the same amount we have already rejected for baines which is a clear attempt to unsettle him and you have offered less than we have eventually paid for Fellaini. How would you think we would not be insulted?

When have we ever done something like this? Name me one occasion?

Think you would earn a lot more respect from fans on here and in general if you just admitted that your club/manager has been a grade A cunt. I know you won't of course, even if it is impossible to deny.

I earlier today did just that.

A lot of us United fans are pissed with the club for such an insulting offer.

But what I don't understand is that we've offered the same amount for Baines as we did more than a month ago?

That's idiotic. Don't know what the club is thinking of. Do they really think you'd be willing to sell for an amount you've already rejected, just because we're throwing in some more money for an additional player?

Fucking idiotic. Blame our new man in charge of transfers. He ought to be sacked.

We should give Moyes some of his own medicine though and come in with a joint bid for Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie for £5,000,000.

We should tell the press we've offered 5.5m possibly rising to 7m with add ons for van Persie and Rooney.

I think we should do a similar thing, although maybe with Kagawa as well just in case they say yes :)

id put that down to the international games during midweek, with Felli just finishing a course of antibiotics.

Felli was one of the best performers at the weekend. Nothing wrong with his focus.

example please. i only ask because we never have money to continually bid for players, at least not in my life time. Kone had a release clause - we matched it, regardless of it being slightly inflated (in my opinion), without fuss.

for sure you can bid, by all means. if a club says not for sale, that means the players are not for sale. if the club gives a price, you negotiate. Everton have said neither player is for sale. End of discussion.

Why is it so insulting?

12m was rejected for Europes most creative player and one of the best leftbacks in the world weeks ago. 12m. Try getting Marcelo for that, or Alba. Or Walker (i know hes a RB) if you want an English comparison - though he is 4 years younger. Think about Ashley Cole in his prime, around the same ages as Baines is now - he was a 25-30m rated player. Baines shouldnt be valued less.

Felli - offer less than we paid for after we spent years developing him to be one of the best CDMs around?

Looking back 2-3 years at some of the other ludicrous deals done (mostly by Liverpool) - Downing, 20m. Henderson, 20m. Lescott, 23m. Torres, 50m. Ronaldo, 80m. Bale, supposed 100m?! The market is inflated, so match the going rates.

the worst part of it is, Moyes must be having some say in this and that hurts. thats like taking the knife out of our back (which he put in when stalling on a new contract, to then leave us with no compensation) only to add barbs and lemon juice before ramming somewhere sensitive.

I imagine we didnt report Utd, despite having a good case in my opinion, as a sign of respect and thanks to our ex-manager, because he deserves his chance at the big time. maybe someone should tell him he has money to spend at Utd and that publicly chasing players is disrespectful and shows a distinct lack of class. I dont remember ever being done at Everton, hell our transfer fees usually arent even disclosed most of the time!

by the way, your initial comment was quite fair I thought...

Edited by Matt

Mate it's known that Moyes was well aware of the fact that Ferguson was retiring, well in advance of the public announcement. He held off signing a new contract rather than simply being honest and stating that he was going to go to United either way. He was blatantly tapped up, and blatantly knew the score and was well aware of the impact it would have upon the club. Yet Moyes still went with the 'blessing' of most people involved with our club.

Whoever is responsible for transfer dealings at Old Trafford at the moment is displaying a great deal of arrogance and ignorance and has massively misjudged the feelings of football people. The fact that it is not only Everton fans who are calling this joke bid for what it really is must surely be ringing some alarm bells. I hope the bully boy tactics and trying to unsettle our club blow up massively in your faces.

Mate it's known that Moyes was well aware of the fact that Ferguson was retiring, well in advance of the public announcement. He held off signing a new contract rather than simply being honest and stating that he was going to go to United either way. He was blatantly tapped up, and blatantly knew the score and was well aware of the impact it would have upon the club. Yet Moyes still went with the 'blessing' of most people involved with our club.

Whoever is responsible for transfer dealings at Old Trafford at the moment is displaying a great deal of arrogance and ignorance and has massively misjudged the feelings of football people. The fact that it is not only Everton fans who are calling this joke bid for what it really is must surely be ringing some alarm bells. I hope the bully boy tactics and trying to unsettle our club blow up massively in your faces.

The only bit i disagree with. its not the fans that should suffer here, the person/people responsible should get the flak.

I know it's tough, but I'd try not to take the offer too personally. Ever since our new chief executive overtook David Gill in signing players this summer, none of us fans have been happy with him. He's shown himself to be totally out of his depth.

He also offered £25 million Fabregas! He's been completely delusional about the cost of players, and us United fans are far far from happy with him and the time he's wasted by bids (both for Fabregas and this joint bid) that were so low they we're nothing more than a waste of time.

What I'm saying is, these derisory offers we've been putting in for various players have more to do with one man (Woodward) than they do the club as a whole.

Edited by pukalala

I know it's tough, but I'd try not to the offer too personally. Ever since our new chief executive overtook David Gill in signing players this summer, none of us fans have been happy with him.

He also offered £25 million Fabregas! He's been completely delusional about the cost of players, and us United fans are far far from happy with him and the time he's wasted by bids (both for Fabregas and this joint bid) that were so low try we're nothing more than a waste of time.

I dont get it though, you guys are one of the richest clubs in the world so why try and scrimp!? I sympathize a bit; we moan that we dont spend money, but because we dont have any. Having the money and not spending, then losing out on key targets must be unbelievably frustrating!

Im also amazed that this guy clearly didnt watch the previous seasons transfer windows, where City almost refuse to reinforce then drifted away. Add to that the retirement of such an important figure at the club and arrival at the (planned) long term successor - if there was a time to splash the cash to assure fans and the new manager, its now.

Exactly, I agree Matt. They should be backing Moyes big time. I expected them to sign Bale early in the window as a sign of intent. Gill would have had three or four players in by now.

But in the case of Moyes. He must have known about these bids, he must also know ball park figures where Bill would be interested in letting go, that reason alone shows me this is designed to unsettle the players. Even if we sell for £50m, it's too late in the window for us to replace two of our best players. For me there should be no sale regardless of price, maybe in January, but not right now.

I know it's tough, but I'd try not to the offer too personally. Ever since our new chief executive overtook David Gill in signing players this summer, none of us fans have been happy with him.

He also offered £25 million Fabregas! He's been completely delusional about the cost of players, and us United fans are far far from happy with him and the time he's wasted by bids (both for Fabregas and this joint bid) that were so low try we're nothing more than a waste of time.

I dont get it though, you guys are one of the richest clubs in the world so why try and scrimp!? I sympathize a bit; we moan that we dont spend money, but because we dont have any. Having the money and not spending, then losing out on key targets must be unbelievably frustrating!

Im also amazed that this guy clearly didnt watch the previous seasons transfer windows, where City almost refuse to reinforce then drifted away. Add to that the retirement of such an important figure at the club and arrival at the (planned) long term successor - if there was a time to splash the cash to assure fans and the new manager, its now.

You've hit the nail right on the head.

Woodward at the start of the window said "we wouldn't hesitate to spent £60-£70 million on one player" yet since then, we've refused to go above £30 million for Fabregas and £12 million for Baines. He's been all talk and nothing more.

Most fans feel if he (and this extends to the club also) put half as much effort into signing players that they do the commercial side of the club we'd be doing fine! We're announcing new sponsorship deals every other week, yet the silence has been deafening all summer regarding transfers.

This summer mirrors exactly what City did last summer. They missed out on their targets, stood still, panic bought and slipped away. The lack of backing for Moyes is shocking and he's just been left to hang out to dry by a bunch of incompetent fools.

Edited by pukalala

I understand what your saying about 'not taking it personally', but it is easier said than done when this is probably as personal as it could get in football terms.

This new bloke in charge of transfers needs to learn fast about whats right and appropriate. I honestly don't think I would have a huge issue if either or both were to go but at the right price and given a decent amount of time to spend on reinforcing the squad. I'm not sure now though, given the ill feeling that the whole thing has raised that we will sell to United now anyway.

I understand what your saying about 'not taking it personally', but it is easier said than done when this is probably as personal as it could get in football terms.

This new bloke in charge of transfers needs to learn fast about whats right and appropriate. I honestly don't think I would have a huge issue if either or both were to go but at the right price and given a decent amount of time to spend on reinforcing the squad. I'm not sure now though, given the ill feeling that the whole thing has raised that we will sell to United now anyway.

We're annoyed with the timing also. If Moyes wanted Fellaini, then he had all on July with which to get him, provided he paid the clause. If we do sign him, it'll probably be for close to that amount anyway, so was it really worth leaving is so late when he could have been brought in during pre-season? It makes no sense.

And the less said about Baines the better. Must be the only time in football history that a club has repeated the same bid that has already been rejected.

Part of the reason for Utd not backing Moyes is they see him as doing the same for them as he did for us - the legendary 'overachieve' word comes to mind. Moyes kept us around the same place finish each year with 'nothing' :rolleyes: so Utd are expecting the same but with £25m, £12m being 'nothing' them. Would they gamble like this? They took him on!

If I was a Utd fan I would hope this would not be the case but if he could do it at Everton why not here? Surely he can 'overachieve' with our squad and win the league?

The new transfer man might be out of touch with market value. The main concerns are the expectations placed on and lack of support for a draconian manager.

Got every chance of ending in tears.

I cant remember the last time ive felt such anger as I do today, ive been raging about this all day.

£28 million for baines and felli. The clubs response was magnificent, keeping it quiet over the weekend not to say until now

and the statement calling the bid derisory and insulting. Add shameful, offensive and any superlative you want.

What happened to the mutual respect and special relationship with Bill kenwright ?

His admiration and regard for the traditions and all Everton stand for ?

And his respect for the fans who backed him 1OO per cent ?

The answer to all the above is bullshit and more bullshit.

Ok the United board made the bid but it was Moyes who instigated it, bainesy even taking his age age into account is worth at

least £15 million, and combined with Fellaini even a £38 million offer, would,nt be enough.

I expect Felli to go, he,s been making come get me noises for a few seasons now, so it would not be s shock.

I would love Leighton to come out and say I want to stay at Everton, really would love to know his thoughts.

But if he asked to go, favourite or not I only want players who want to wear the royal blue shirt.

But if any of them leave we must screw every damn penny out of United or whoever.

This could have massive implications for our season, and once again we face a transfer window with trepidation.

Us fans have our gripes with the board, lack of investment, our joke commercial side, but we have earned the right to with our loyalty.

But we all try to be constructive because we love Everton.

But when an outside party comes and insults Everton Football Club, then we rally as one.

I have lost all my respect for David Moyes, still have the grace to say he did mostly a good job for us.

But he more than most knows out financial situation, and thought he could use it for Uniteds advantage

forget the emotional farewells and sentiments. David Moyes is now our enemy, him and Manchester United have offered massive insult

to all that is Everton F.C and in my eyes no fucker is allowed to do that.

Yeah, now we'll have two clubs who want to buy players for below their value.

If they go head to head then we stand a better chance of getting the right money. Which will be £25m. If we had a fully focussed Fellaini I would happily keep him till the end of the season and see how the world cup affects his value (I fancy Belgium to do well) - however I don 't feel he is focussed, I believe he wants this move and for me the way he stood by for Norwich's first goal told me all we need to know - his heart ain't in it.

Back to the Moyes bid, he has switched his head well and truly into Manc mode. If you look at how Rodgers and Liverpool respected Brendans previous club by paying the 'asking price' for Joe Allen - regardless of whether he was worth it, should have been the way Man United respected Everton.

I would make a stance with Fellaini, tell them Baines is not for sale and state that unless a bid of £25m is received by Friday then we will not sell to them. Spurs did it with Chelsea over Modric and fair play, they stood by it and Chelsea missed out.