IGNORED

Jermaine defoe

• 4 years later...
Just now, MikeO said:

She's shite at being PM so I guess she could have a go up top for us, gamble though.

She is referred to as "That woman" in my environment!

Ideally I wouldn't want her within a hemisphere of Everton. 

She is a shite PM worse than Major, on a par with Ted Heath, but sadly there are very few political leaders I trust, choice between her and Corbyn is like choosing being hit in your left or right testicle.

On 2014-01-10 at 18:31, Romey 1878 said:

Absolute bollocks. His move to Toronto has been confirmed.

I'd have been concerned at us paying £8m for a 30 year old too. Got to be looking at long term striking options.

Ronaldo is 32, Messi is 30. I agree that Defoe isn'tt what we need but we need to cut this ageist crap out. Plenty of +30 players that I would love at Everton. Its not all about resell value. We are not a club that needs to rely on selling players anymore. 

53 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Ronaldo is 32, Messi is 30. I agree that Defoe isn'tttt what we need but we need to cut this ageist crap out. Plenty of +30 players that I would love at Everton. Its not all about resell value. We are not a club that needs to rely on selling players anymore. 

You're posting over 3 years after that post.

He wasn't right for us then, and he's certainly not right for us now.

And, fuck me, Ronaldo and Messi? You're talking the absolute elite of players in the same breath as Defoe just because they're also over 30 :lol: I'm done.

Edit - and if you could point out where in that post a resell value is mentioned that would be simply lovely.

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You're posting over 3 years after that post.

He wasn't right for us then, and he's certainly not right for us now.

And, fuck me, Ronaldo and Messi? You're talking the absolute elite of players in the same breath as Defoe just because they're also over 30 :lol: I'm done.

Edit - and if you could point out where in that post a resell value is mentioned that would be simply lovely.

It wasn't an attack on that specific post of yours. Im simply saying that there are plenty of players over 30 that are worth more than 8 mil and that would do an amazing job at Everton. Remove Defoe from the argument, we are in total agreement that he isn'tt good enough, neither now or three years ago. Im just tired of people saying don't buy this and that because they are over 30. 

The only argument that we shouldn't buy players over 30 that I can think of is resell value. (which is why I brought it up, not because of your post. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough) Pace etc isn'tt an argument because we should never be looking at players who are too slow. Over 30 or not. 

4 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Side note, when I write "isn'ttt" it looks as if i only have one t. And then I post it and two t's appear. Its driving me nuts. When I edit to remove one t it still adds the second t as soon as I hit save. 

We have no idea why this is happening but it's very annoying for everyone :unsure: