IGNORED

Man City

Memmaclub

Pretty rediculous comment when you take into account that is only his second start all season so it will take him time to get fully up and running and also the whole team were poor for the second halves of both of those games not just him.

Well, it's been true of his games so far. Let's see whether it changes in future games.

Well, it's been true of his games so far. Let's see whether it changes in future games.

Because, as I said, he has only had 2 starts all game and isnt match fit. Harsh to brand him as a "45 min player" after 2 starts since pre season. 4 goals in 3 games is still impressive considering he was basically playing reserve football or on the bench for Chelsea for a little over a month.

Because, as I said, he has only had 2 starts all game and isnt match fit. Harsh to brand him as a "45 min player" after 2 starts since pre season. 4 goals in 3 games is still impressive considering he was basically playing reserve football or on the bench for Chelsea for a little over a month.

Absolutely. He's immense. Don't mean to take anything away from that!

Watched the game and was as the old cliche "Game of two Halves". First half we were passing the ball well, quickly, with incision and purpose. Players were making runs, and although I was worried we would be overrun in midfield, but the energy and tackling of McCarthy and his willingness to protect and recycle the ball.

Second half we just didn't click, Man City grew in confidence and we had no answer. I think some of our players tired and we lacked attacking ideas whcih seeded the initiative to City who made us pay.

Howard - Couldnt be blamed for any of their goals, penalty was unlucky. Their second was pretty much unstoppable, and he tried to make himself gig for their first.

Coleman - Thought he played well until the confrontation with the City forward, lacked help from Mirallas. Second half his head dropped, needed more protection.

Baines - Linked up well with Niasy in the first half, then like so many others I thought he dropped out of the game in the second. Made some good tackles in the second half but not much going forward.

Jags - Played well I thought, he made some key tackles and blocks.

Distin - Sold again and played well.

Osman - Ok in first half, his quick feet and movement meant he was able to keep are passing game going but faded badly in the second half.

McCarthy - Motm great tackling, tracking back and recycling of the ball and kept us ticking over in midfield, helped break up city attacks.

Naisy - Very willing runner, linked up quite well with Baines in the first half. First touch is hit and miss, and he definitely cant shoot, but he gave his all and was always looking for the ball.

Mirallas - If he was the Belgan express last week with his running and crossing he was Thommy Tank today, passing and crossing was pants and had a great chance to level but poor control. Has had a good first 6 games tho.

Barkley - Looks like he needs to sit a couple of games out and catch his breath, he was taking far too many touches on the ball. Some great passes too and some nice runs and tackles but I think as Martinez has said he has reached the point where he needs to mentally recover.

Lukaku - Great first goal and was an absolute beast in the first half and faded in the second. I think he needs to build up his stamina and maybe get used to being sub in the second half as we need to keep up our attacking momentum.

Subs

Gibson - Glad to see him get some game time and though he played ok, hopefully he will start next time as I think his passing game and midfield game will bennefit us. Not enough to lift us out our lethargy but good to see him run out.

Delfonso - Seemed to feed off our poor second half and contributed little.

I do think that City will win the league, and we will absolutely destroy weaker teams with performances like we had in the first half. Just need to make sure we dont fade in the second.

I would like to apologise. To haf and to Pete h about my outburst right after the game.... I didn't really mean to call them bellends nor did I mean to use any other derogatory comments...........but yous are talking bollocks about naismith. The guy does a few good touches and pushes a few players around and we wank over his effort... His effort isn't going to win you anything. What about the times when he took a pass, had no-one around and took the shit house decision to play a nothing pass back to no-one..... Your most creative players should come from the wide men to either beat a man and cross or to shoot on sight..... He does neither!!!!!!!!! If anyone repliedes about the lads effort and saying they never said he was agood footballer is getting fucking hgoofed, cause that's what he is paid thousands of pounds a week to do!!!!!!!

Edited by Brett Angel

Sarcasm?

5 behind?

Really don't know what to say.

Did you watch the 1st half? Aguero shouldve had a hatrick. The only reason we werent 5-1 down at half time was because they kept screwing up.

Thanks for getting me involved in this.

Naismith is not half the player that ie Deulofeu is. Everyone can see that but he works his arse off which can inspire his team mates to put a shift in. Deulofeu is talented, exciting, great on the ball etc but looks like a lazy git at times. Hangs his head, wont defend etc. He can pull other players into the dumps, creating team mates that hang their heads instead of fighting.

You are a twat Brett now dont go giving me shit when I wasnt even involved in your discussion.

If you look back you would see that I have been very hard on Naismith in the past. Borderline hatred. My least favourit player at Everton. He does look a different player this season though. Still has one wooden leg though.

Well said

watch closely - Barkley hesitates when the ball is on his right foot - but strikes much faster with his left -

he hesitates on both feet, he wants to take too many touches. Hes going to have to stop dicking around with the ball, or at least know when he should and shouldnt do it. For the amount of opportunities he creates, he kills a fair few too

Barkley is a 19 year old kid. We need to remember this.

Lukaku is also a 20 year old kid, and we need to remember this too.

Very good point

Today we waited for our big players to show what they could do, such as Mirallas, Baines, Distin and Jags, Gibson, Osman and they were utter shite.

No, in the first half we played very well and were unlucky to go in 2-1 down. Second Half I agree that Mirallas, and Osman were poor, the rest I thought were ok, but down on their first half performance.

Didn't watch the game but I heard a lot of the decisions went against you. Agree Lukaku needs to work on his stamina, that's why he was mainly an impact player last season at west brom, but he's quite an impact player to have.

Chin up Toffees, I must say I knew Martinez was a great manager but he's still impressed me so far.

Just finished watching the game now, and although I think City probably deserved to win based on the second half I think the referee had far too much of an impact today with his completely inconsistent performance.

The two penalty decisions. Far more contact on Lukaku than on Zabaleta yet only one is given.

Silva committed 4 (I think) fouls worthy of a yellow card when we were breaking quickly, yet only one gets punished. Coleman makes one 'similar' challenge, Silva makes a meal of... Booking.

The incident on the edge of the box prior to Aguero's goal, should have been a free kick to us due to the aggressive nature of Negredo which then led to Coleman, naively arguing the toss with him.

Dog shit performance from the ref + not good enough in the second half again = 3-1

Saw what was available by way of highlights on bore of the fucking day and lo and behold they didn't give it much time. As constantly mentioned the level of competence by the senior match official was sub-standard, gave a less than impartial performance, but getting fucked over, only for opposition teams to benefit, is hardly alien to the supporters now. If we could have held out level until half time I think it may have been a different story by end of game. If the said referee had been a little less biased or shown a bit more favor towards us, we could well have kept the unbeaten record intact. Thought the spot kick decision was absurd, one or two of our players cautioned for nothing challenges and game seemed a little slow sometimes but Lukaku continues to impress if nothing else. If you can take the League Cup elimination out of things, it's been a very decent start to the season thus far. Sorry to see the unbeaten start go, but there's worse opposition sides to have lost it against, and it was going to go sooner or later.

I agree that the Ref was atrocious , and I don't just mean the penalty decisions., however I don't think we can blame him for this defeat

I think we were quite fortunate to only concede the 3 goals, if Aguero had been on form we could easily have lost by 5 or 6.

City totally dominated us and brushed us aside fat too easily, I think we just need to put this down to a bad day at the office and move on

The decision that infuriated me the most wasn't the penalty or Milner, it was Hart pushing a City defender into Barkley on one of our corners and winning a free kick for it. I knew it was going to happen somehow but these decisions are still completely baffling. It's happened in almost every recent game to almost every one of our players but most often to Jags, Distin, Fellaini, Anichebe and now Barkley. I'm sure Lukaku will get penalised for it soon. The unspoken (and completely made up) rule that you can't stand your ground attacking a corner has completely disadvantaged us when we have tall and strong players who can outjump and outmuscle the teams with shorter players. The refs simply won't let us use our physical advantage and Fellaini used to get penalised all the time for simply being bigger than his opponents.

Edited by Mike21

The penalty non decision was just one of a whole heap of awful decisions from the ref. Even the 'great David James' admitted it was a penalty afterward.

Still furious about the lack of bookings for Silva. 3 or 4 times he cropped one of our players as we broke out, but because hes a 'flair' player he'd obviously never do anything so deliberate!!!

James used to be at faut for so many goals particularly at Anfield, because he used to stay up all night playing computer games before crucial matches. Was he on MOTD last night ? must have switched off as soon as our game finished. I can't abide that fucking program anymore in my defense.

There was a thread on these pages that was about bigger club sides getting favoritism from match officials a short time ago that was briefly featured - and Yes, they do. Will be interesting to see the return at Goodison Park, and even more so if it's the same Idiot as yesterday. People get upset or concerned about decisions going against the team, or getting fucked over by questionable decisions - but is it really such a surprise anymore ?

Sorry guys, but all this smacks of sour grapes.

Bad refereeing and lost penalty opportunities aside we were for the most part beaten by a better side. After their previous two debacles, there was no way they were going to lose again and whoever was up next was in for a sound tonking. Just happened to be us up next and under the circumstances we did an OK job. We certainly could do with another McCarthy-type in midfield as I feel we are less than mobile at times, but you have to play with what you've got.

Citeh would have done some other teams on the day by five or more......we did OK. Move on!

From what I could ascertain, in different circumstances, I.E. showing the desire and hunger of the first half Newcastle game, and having a match official that wasn't so fucking biased towards the opposition, I think we could have matched them by the end, especially if it had remained level until the interval.

We got a very decent squad that can play a bit when they want to, and we're not going to lose out to questionable decisions week in, week out, or the said referee isn't going to be of the standard last witnessed every other time, so over the course of the season, and on the back of what last occured, I think we'll be alright. This is the same opposition that had a defeat in Birmingham to Aston Villa in their last domestic game and were beaten out of sight by Bayern Munich in Europe after that, so can't quite build them up to some all-star opposition, but we were good enough to have got a result last time out, had circumstances been different.

Saw what was available by way of highlights on bore of the fucking day and lo and behold they didn't give it much time. As constantly mentioned the level of competence by the senior match official was sub-standard, gave a less than impartial performance, but getting fucked over, only for opposition teams to benefit, is hardly alien to the supporters now. If we could have held out level until half time I think it may have been a different story by end of game. If the said referee had been a little less biased or shown a bit more favor towards us, we could well have kept the unbeaten record intact. Thought the spot kick decision was absurd, one or two of our players cautioned for nothing challenges and game seemed a little slow sometimes but Lukaku continues to impress if nothing else. If you can take the League Cup elimination out of things, it's been a very decent start to the season thus far. Sorry to see the unbeaten start go, but there's worse opposition sides to have lost it against, and it was going to go sooner or later.

You know the official site hosts 20 minute extended highlights of every game, right?

City easily the better team on the day and deserved their three points, but I can't help but get really fucking frustrated at match officials treating us (and other teams mind you) like we're not supposed to be playing to win against the rich clubs.

Barkley stands his ground, not holding/grabbing anyone then has a player pushed into him by Hart and the ref calls a foul BY Barkley? What a fucking joke that was.

I didn't have a problem with the hit on Lukaku by Nastasic, until they gave the stupid penalty in the second half. How on earth does getting tugged on the arm cause you to trip and fall over on the ground? Furthermore, how is that any different to any other defender who gets beaten and tugs his man back? It happens dozens of times every match but because that over rated twat Zabaleta does a fucking aerial pirouette it's a spot kick? Get fucked referee. I was proud to see Lukaku get up and get on with it after getting belted by Nastasic, he didn't even appeal for the penalty. If we had of earned a penalty the way Zabaleta did I'd be ashamed of my own team.

On that note, I was also glad to see Coleman getting stuck into Negredo after he went down like a sack of shit as well. The way these superstars for City/Chelsea/United prance around and dive to the ground like they're allergic to human contact is a disgrace, grow a bloody pair and play the game the way it's meant to be played, through team work and skill and not your acting.

Silva? Well not much needs saying there. He left his feet after Lukaku (I think it was him) had taken a heavy touch to beat him, chops him down and the ref doesn't want to know about it? I don't suppose a Gibson or a Jagielka would get that leniency would they?

At the end of the day we were outclassed by a good side, and thankfully I can't blame the referee for the loss, but he made it a hell of a lot harder for our boys to compete the way he officiated.

Edited by Pearso

City easily the better team on the day and deserved their three points, but I can't help but get really fucking frustrated at match officials treating us (and other teams mind you) like we're not supposed to be playing to win against the rich clubs.

Barkley stands his ground, not holding/grabbing anyone then has a player pushed into him by Hart and the ref calls a foul BY Barkley? What a fucking joke that was.

I didn't have a problem with the hit on Lukaku by Nastasic, until they gave the stupid penalty in the second half. How on earth does getting tugged on the arm cause you to trip and fall over on the ground? Furthermore, how is that any different to any other defender who gets beaten and tugs his man back? It happens dozens of times every match but because that over rated twat Zabaleta does a fucking aerial pirouette it's a spot kick? Get fucked referee. I was proud to see Lukaku get up and get on with it after getting belted by Nastasic, he didn't even appeal for the penalty. If we had of earned a penalty the way Zabaleta did I'd be ashamed of my own team.

On that note, I was also glad to see Coleman getting stuck into Negredo after he went down like a sack of shit as well. The way these superstars for City/Chelsea/United prance around and dive to the ground like they're allergic to human contact is a disgrace, grow a bloody pair and play the game the way it's meant to be played, through team work and skill and not your acting.

Silva? Well not much needs saying there. He left his feet after Lukaku (I think it was him) had taken a heavy touch to beat him, chops him down and the ref doesn't want to know about it? I don't suppose a Gibson or a Jagielka would get that leniency would they?

At the end of the day we were outclassed by a good side, and thankfully I can't blame the referee for the loss, but he made it a hell of a lot harder for our boys to compete the way he officiated.

agreed and you are nicely backing up my point that we are far too honourable and decent. We are starting to be seen as a soft touch and sporting, all of that is great if its a level playing field but its not.

Baines talked the ref out of giving zabaleta a card?! Who stood up to toure when he was giving it the big man act and pushing Barkley when he was standing in front of Hart? - should have been in his face and telling the ref that barkley was fine as he was.

A few little comments from the players when McCarthy nearly had his knees taken off, who got in the refs face after his generally awful decisions like the penalty. Whats wrong Jags?! - gotta meet up with Milner and Hart this week and be all chummy?

Refs are getting an easy time from our players and it is standing against us, we need to be demanding that they are fair and make them aware that their bad decisions will be confronted.

agreed and you are nicely backing up my point that we are far too honourable and decent. We are starting to be seen as a soft touch and sporting, all of that is great if its a level playing field but its not.

Baines talked the ref out of giving zabaleta a card?! Who stood up to toure when he was giving it the big man act and pushing Barkley when he was standing in front of Hart? - should have been in his face and telling the ref that barkley was fine as he was.

A few little comments from the players when McCarthy nearly had his knees taken off, who got in the refs face after his generally awful decisions like the penalty. Whats wrong Jags?! - gotta meet up with Milner and Hart this week and be all chummy?

Refs are getting an easy time from our players and it is standing against us, we need to be demanding that they are fair and make them aware that their bad decisions will be confronted.

and so we should stay. if things have to change, make it part of the officials remit to bring decency back into the game. Id be majorly pissed off if we stooped to the level of asking for cards, diving, faking injuries all the time - that wouldnt be the Everton I know and love.

David James is a twat and for some reason Ray Stubbs has started to talk like a robot. I am struggling to think of anyone good presenting football currently. Other than Neville G there is not much happening. Graeme Souness needs that pickle removed from his anus and Jumping Jamie < for fooks sake> - brutal.