IGNORED

Hull City

Kev627

hull looks good this year and is only a point off us. but it's a home match so that should help. i'm hoping for a win but will settle for a draw. i'd really like to see pienaar back on the left, hopefully he'll have used the international break to recover. and i'd like to see jags find some testes somewhere, he needs to man up.

Settle for a draw?

No disrespect but if You have the mentality of settling for a draw at home against a team that come January could well fall off and be in or near the bottom three I'd have to question your faith in the side. That's not meant in any harsh or smug way but to just settle for a draw from a fans perspective against with no disrespect a side like Hull is baffling to Me....

I think We will put the City result well behind us and kick start Hull's decline down the league, We had a poor day at the office against City and excuses and dodgy decisions aside the better side won and it showed how much We miss and need Gibson/Barry to pull the strings and brake up play.

I think Lukaku will have an good afternoon against the likes of Davis and Rosenoir and expect a decent home win.

3 - 1

Blimey - settle for a draw at home to Hull??? It looks like 11 years of that overrated wagon circling "chosen one" has left its negative mark on the fans.

A 4-2 win I'd settle for, I would settle to be 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go and put another striker on with instructions to push up the pitch. Then to see a flurry of goals and entertaining football happen...

The players are like a golfer with a dodgy golf swing, you need to overcorrect the problem to banish it for good.

I'm being a bit pedantic there, but I honestly feel that Martinez is having a bit of time coaching the old mentality out of the players.

For those getting a bit pissy about MJBs post of settling for a draw, it's somewhat justified. If you are a new comer to the game (not sure if Mark is) and have only looked at the league table to find out where Hull are, you could be forgiven. Hell, I put 2-2 in the predicting game. They have started well this season and, as Avin said, need to be respected.

On the other hand, its Hull fkin City and we should wipe the floor with them. Key word being should. I expect us to win, and will be pissed off if we don't, but if it came down to a choice of 0 points or 1, I'd settle for a draw too.

I feel we'll score multiple goals though I'm worried about Jags at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see a heavy victory in our favor. Like Kohen said, a clean sheet would be great to see, but I'll take scoring a lot of goals if it means we end up conceding one or two.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I think our season is on track still. We lost to City, the team that cost about 700 million to put together, so it's no disgrace, and on another day they might not have come back.

Hull need to be respected, but I'll be expecting a victory.

Avin has had one of those rare moments of lucidity, :rofl: and I totally agree with him :major overreaction alert: Certainly show Hull respect but at the same time have the confidence to get on the pitch and take them apart. I think we will do well in this one especially with Barry back in the reckoning.

I would like to see Kone get a start and Lukaku to be an impact second half player, with luck and a good wind behind us we could get a great result and perhaps boost our goal difference. On the other hand if we don't show proper respect to Hull it could go badly wrong, they have proved to be quite good this season.

What the hell, this fixture isn't for another two weeks yet ? In any event, this would appear to be a home contest, and needless to say haven't been keeping check on Hull results, but the venue should be the deciding factor. Can't see the North Yorkshire side getting a win here. I would rather of played this at this upcoming weekend, rather than make room for more boring fucking international games it has to be said.

What the hell, this fixture isn't for another two weeks yet ? In any event, this would appear to be a home contest, and needless to say haven't been keeping check on Hull results, but the venue should be the deciding factor. Can't see the North Yorkshire side getting a win here. I would rather of played this at this upcoming weekend, rather than make room for more boring fucking international games it has to be said.

its our next league game none the less... so lets get ready for it. A win and nothing less for me. We miss pienaar, Baines has been so far very reluctant to bomb on and we haven't seen much of him.

but if it came down to a choice of 0 points or 1, I'd settle for a draw too.

But it doesn't it comes down to a choice of 0, 1 or 3 points. I'd settle for 3 points and an average performance, however id obviously much rather a rout. I don't think a team that finish consistently in the top 6/7 can be happy with a point at home against a promoted team.

But it doesn't it comes down to a choice of 0, 1 or 3 points. I'd settle for 3 points and an average performance, however id obviously much rather a rout. I don't think a team that finish consistently in the top 6/7 can be happy with a point at home against a promoted team.

of course it does, I was explaining why some people might settle for a draw...

Blimey - settle for a draw at home to Hull??? It looks like 11 years of that overrated wagon circling "chosen one" has left its negative mark on the fans.

A 4-2 win I'd settle for, I would settle to be 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go and put another striker on with instructions to push up the pitch. Then to see a flurry of goals and entertaining football happen...

The players are like a golfer with a dodgy golf swing, you need to overcorrect the problem to banish it for good.

I'm being a bit pedantic there, but I honestly feel that Martinez is having a bit of time coaching the old mentality out of the players.

:doh:

To be fair to Hull, they arent the worst promoted team I have ever seen but this is definitely the type of game that we should be showing some 'swagger'. Lets get in their faces and stop them from playing, turn the ball over early and get the likes of Lukaku and Mirallas in their early to cause havoc.