IGNORED

Hull City

Kev627

I've predicted a 2-1 victory, obviously I'd like a clean sheet but that never looks likely at the moment!

If we start brightly (like vs Newcastle) I think this could be a trouncing as I don't feel Hull have it in them to claw back into the game. It has been an international break though hard to tell how we are gonna come out the blocks.

from the BBC today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/24577584 :

PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM NEWS - Everton v Hull City (Saturday, 1500 BST)
Everton midfielder Darron Gibson has been ruled out for several months after rupturing a cruciate knee ligament on international duty.
Midfielder Steven Pienaar (hamstring) and defender Antolin Alcaraz (hernia) are both out, but midfielder Gareth Barry will return after being ineligible to face Manchester City.
Hull's top-scorer Robbie Brady is set for a swift return to the squad having missed only one match since undergoing a hernia operation.
Ahmed Elmohamady, Gedo and Maynor Figueroa all had long journeys back from international duty and will be assessed for match fitness, while Robert Koren (fractured foot) and James Chester (hamstring) are still out.

Oh Lordy,Hull fan here...Enjoyed the discussion so far.Goodison has always struck me,along with many away fans,as 'graveyard'.If I were an Everton fan,I'd certainly expect my team to do enough to win against Hull,which along with Burnley,Hartlepool and Middlesbrough should be 'closed down',according to The Economist! We may be ugly,but Steve Bruce is certainly trying to make us beautiful,by our standards at least.

As others have said,Hull will be hard to beat.We got promotion from The Championship last year without potent strikers,and it looks like not much has changed,in truth,but really that's a huge compliment to the rest of Hull's squad that we found a way to grind out ugly wins time and again to extract ourselves from that League.No one player,as at Cardiff,scored more than 10 goals last season,so you don't have much to fear there!

What we have done is sign players of the quality of Jake Livermore and Tom Huddlestone,the former on loan,which has lent us an almost dizzying quality and control to our midfield,but make no mistake,this team is founded on hard work,much like Everton,I would think.

I suspect this will be a tight game,Everton SHOULD have the players to pinch it,but I hope that you Toffees come away with your teeth clagged up and aware that Hull are officially NOT a useless outfit,for perhaps the first time in our 109 year history!

Opponents will be setting out to stop Lukaku, let's hope they take their eye off, Mirallas, Barkley, Baines, Coleman etc!

Lukaku probably wont go the 90mins, Martinez needs to pick up on when he's gone as far as he can, clever use of the man who replaces him is as important as the role Lukaku has played.

Hull are playing with spirit, sometimes that beats talent.Our own Steven Naismith proves this, he has the spirit, that's what Martinez sees in him I'm sure.If his running around gives Lukaku and Barkley more time and freedom, then maybe he's playing his part.

If we play like we did against Newcastle in the first half and make use of clever subs 2nd half we will give Hull a hard time.

I just hate Steve Bruce for personal reasons.

Refused out rightly to pay for a £220k+ bill that my parents gave him, when he was in charge of Palace, for the coach services they provided for them to away games, on the basis that he didn't appreciated the curtains/accents not being the same colours of Palace home strip.

Won a case at 'small claims' to. That was the nail in my parents coach business post 9/11. That money (which was agreed prior to the season), could have kept them in operation, a few months longer. Deemed long enough to keep them going.

I hope we FUCKING MULLER them.

I just hate Steve Bruce for personal reasons.

Refused out rightly to pay for a £220k+ bill that my parents gave him, when he was in charge of Palace, for the coach services they provided for them to away games, on the basis that he didn't appreciated the curtains/accents not being the same colours of Palace home strip.

Won a case at 'small claims' to. That was the nail in my parents coach business post 9/11. That money (which was agreed prior to the season), could have kept them in operation, a few months longer. Deemed long enough to keep them going.

I hope we FUCKING MULLER them.

How does he get away with not honouring a pre-signed contract? 220k is a lot of money, how can they just not pay it? Unless I'm missing something?

I have a feeling we'll get a draw, or a very scrappy win that will have me more worried after the final whistle than before kick-off. Hopefully the international break has all the boys refreshed and roaring to go, but the 'lowly' sides, or newly promoted sides, always seem to put up a fight at Goodison.

2-1 in a scrappy one, Lukaku and Distin for us, the latter getting a late header off a set piece to win it.

Can someone write the team down. Can't see the picture on my phone

Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Jelavic, Kone, Deulofeu, Naismith, Pienaar, Stones.
Hull: McGregor, Rosenior, Davies, Faye, Figueroa, Elmohamady, Huddlestone, Livermore, Brady, Aluko, Graham. Subs: Bruce, Meyler, McShane, Boyd, Sagbo, Harper, Quinn.