IGNORED

Stoke City

markjazzbassist

There were several outstanding performances today:

Deulofeu brings energy, excitement, constant threat, but still too much selfishness. This game must have done him the world of good, though.

Oviedo was given the chance to start and made the most of it. Some great attacking play and through balls and an excellent goal. Wasn't tested defensively.

Osman seemed to come alive today. The uncertainty we've seen during the start of the season appears to be over. He played more confidently today.

Lukaku didn't have a great game, but when he used his power we threatened.

McCarthy owned the midfield when he was on the pitch. Totally dominant.

Howard stayed awake to deny Stoke a couple of times, Pienaar enjoyed all the space we created, Coleman added width, and even Jelavic played well positionally. A dominant performance. With different refereeing decisions, we could have scored 5 or 6.

Well that was just thoroughly enjoyable then. Nice to see us making a match comfortable instead of letting them back into the game.

I dont think Ive ever seen us control midfield in a match quite that well before. I personally thought we overpayed for McCarthy but hes starting to change that opinion. Outstanding today.

I thought Barry looked good today, kept things simple and covered behind Oviedo in particular very well.

Speaking of Oviedo, had possibly the hardest job today, and boy did he do well. From the confidence of the early shot to the composure for Lukakus, he was outstanding. And a great strike from him for the goal!

I think Distin and Jags deserve a mention for their ball distribution today too, found the spare man in the middle a lot (Particularly in the first half), and looked a lot more composed. Long may it last

Deulofeu showed why he is so highly rated, tore Stoke apart. Martinez is going to have some tough decisions to make now, with Mirallas looking to be hitting form too.

Saw this graph on BBC of his touches, shows just how involved and important he was today.

_71451227_75076f61-1071-4afb-9ef6-1e1a8c

Honestly a great showing, nice to see us cruising past a lower team for a change, and for the life of me I cannot decide on MOTM!!

What a top performance. I was waiting anxiously for the 5th goal in the last ten, shame Jelly couldn't put that chance away.

This game showed two things about Deulofeu: He's really really selfish (which we already knew), and when he learns to pass, he's going to be a bloody superstar.

Really happy that Oviedo used his chance, I've always rated him and was disappointed the way it seemed Bobby wasn't going to figure him in his plans, so when I saw he was starting I was over the moon.

Combine todays result and the chances we created with the game against Liverpool and I think United will be shitting bricks to play us on Wednesday.

I just love this everton team. It's the best team we've had since 87?

They play lovely football, don't give up, aren't a bunch of big time Charlie's, they are exciting, youth is given a chance etc etc

Brilliant stuff. Enjoying this season a lot!

Worried about next season without Gerry and the big man though!

I thought Coleman was probably the weakest link again yesterday. He got forward excellently all game and I have no issues with that aspect but I thought he was caught out positionally quite a few times, especially when it was 0-0. Assaidi looked to have the beating of him in the first spell but he got better as the game went on and looked most comfortable when Stones came on and he moved to RWB.

I thought Coleman was probably the weakest link again yesterday. He got forward excellently all game and I have no issues with that aspect but I thought he was caught out positionally quite a few times, especially when it was 0-0. Assaidi looked to have the beating of him in the first spell but he got better as the game went on and looked most comfortable when Stones came on and he moved to RWB.

Weakest link again? He had an excellent derby defensively.

Did anyone see that little scene while Gerard was leaving the pitch for the half? Someone from Stoke grabbed him and apparently said something nasty to him.. Who was that and what was that all about?

I saw that too. It was Andy Quy, their goalkeeping coach, and at first I thought he was going to congratulate Deulofeu, but his grab at the lad's shoulder looked aggressive and Gerard definitely took it that way. Can't think why he'd have a problem with anything he did on the pitch (apart from scoring) though.