IGNORED

Players you've slagged off who turned out boss

MC11

We all slagged off Anichebe, he never turned out boss, but he definitely had a better final season..

No we didn't.

The jury is still out on Naismith.

Coleman has been a big surprise, did we really think he'd be ripping into opponents penanlty areas scoring goals and at the same time improving as a defender.surely a fantastic piece of business by Everton.

Naismith will always be a good solid squad player. Nothing more nothing less. People expect far too much from him IMO. He is what he is and through the middle he can do a job. He works his socks off, which makes up for his lack of technical ability. I like him he's honest and a proper Everton player. Leaves everything on the pitch and never hides.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I used to really rate Vic, then I gradually got frustrated by him thought he was crap before he turned it round. He is still an average prem player mind you.

Distin is probably the one who has surprised me the most. He had the ability but didnt bring it to the table enough under Moyes, but this year he has been excellent. By far the most consistent CB this season.

Naismith will always be a good solid squad player. Nothing more nothing less. People expect far too much from him IMO. He is what he is and through the middle he can do a job. He works his socks off, which makes up for his lack of technical ability. I like him he's honest and a proper Everton player. Leaves everything on the pitch and never hides.

I expect him to be good enough to earn a regular start. As he earns millions, is that too much to ask?

I think you will find it's been quite the opposite on here as with many I had very little expectation of the man but you could tell he was a better player then he was being perceived in the beginning due to Moyes playing him constantly out of position and since Martinez has come in and played him to his strengths and although he's no world beater he's proven to be a good squad/impact player.

I agree with the rest apart from the expectation part every knows now what your getting from him.

I have to add Jags to this list. I remember when he first played after joining and he was played in midfield and he was terrible. Definitely not a midfielder and glad that was sorted out from the start.

Remember this too. He was shocking. Especially the derby at Goodison