IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Top end footballer who made SAF doubt his bid for wes schneider.

I had my moments with him pre Everton but looked to see what it was. Shamefully at one point I subscribed to thd manc/England mentality of slating him... without giving him a fair trial.

Once I actually took my tabloid bullshit head off I realised that he wasn't a bad footballer at all, just someone who was being destroyed. I do recall watching him pre Kevin Davies hatchet job and thinking "there is a good player"

Lucky to have him.

Edited by Hafnia

Top end footballer who made SAF doubt his bid for wes schneider.

I had my moments with him pre Everton but looked to see what it was. Shamefully at one point I subscribed to thd manc/England mentality of slating him... without giving him a fair trial.

Once I actually took my tabloid bullshit head off I realised that he wasn't a bad footballer at all, just someone who was being destroyed. I do recall watching him pre Kevin Davies hatchet job and thinking "there is a good player"

Lucky to have him.

Your quotes on him the last few posts are bang on. He's a mobile Barry minus the wealth of experience Barry has. He's needed a club where he is loved, lucky he's come to the perfect place. Should be a shout for the euro squad in my opinion.

Thought he was great today. Takes a decent corner which we've been missing

I'd like him on our free-kicks too. His delivery is so good - whippy and accurate. I'm sick of watching Barkley hit the first man when putting it into the box, or Barkley, Baines and Lukaku smashing it into the wall or very, very high when having an attempt at goal.

He's the best player ever!! Phenomenal!! :)

(He has done well no doubt)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cant-put-price-tom-cleverley-10854077#comments-section

Better than "well" Chalkie - his influence is there for all to see. A very brave player who understands the game very well - he was completely destroyed by certain circles and it was a disgrace.

Martinez has gone a little OTT but I would say he has been very clever in doing this. Some people in the press and the spolt brat manc/england fan need to look at themselves and realise that they don't know everything about football. This lad is owed a massive apology. Next thing these no it alls will be saying "I always liked him - very underrated player".

I have held my hands up and assumed the majority can't be wrong but corrected myself by reminding myself of the player he was before his injury and subsequent bullying campaign.

I believe this lad will be a top centre midfielder. Has so much going foor him.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/tom-cleverley-at-everton.408699/page-3

Apparently lacks the bottle to play for united..... yeah must be really intimidating to play in front of one of the unatmospheric 70,000 capacity stadiums in the world. Arrogant bunch that lot.

Edited by Hafnia

He's a lot better than I gave him credit for and happy to hold my hands up...plus he can take a corner!!!

In a world where Jordan Henderson stands up to a free kick like Cristiano Ronaldo, has phoney stand offs thinking he's Roy Keane, becomes a captain, England regular and is on the front of FIFA 16 - I feel that there are more than just a few who are wrong at management level...

• 7 months later...

He may well be in the Championship but fuck off with the Naismith dissing.

We were lucky we had him in our squad when we needed characters.

Stood up to the plate and was a leader in our team.

Are we turning in to a bunch of elitist pricks now? One sentance snotty remarks.

Naismith was an utterly grim footballer. Good to see him being a complete non entity for Norwich in the championship.

Mirallas, Lukaku, Baines, Jagielka, Barkley, Deulofeu and all our new signings look good so far. I just have no time for utter dross like Naismith and Cleverley.

Not sure how anyone can call these two players "utter dross". They may not be superstars, but they work hard and definitely make a difference. Players like this add real depth to the squad. Both are experienced and very capable of stepping in when needed. It's tough to get through the holiday schedule, in particular, without squad depth. Cleverley, in particular, is very versatile. Naismith, on his day, could be a real hero.

Naismith was the best squad player we've ever had. He turned up for big games and left everything on the pitch. Where he lacked in technical ability he more than made up for in other areas such as the ability to be in the right place at the right time his one in one finishing is up there with the best I've seen at Everton. He was a hardworker and somewhat under valued by most Evertonians.

I get what you're saying though we really do need to move on from mediocre players like Cleverley and McCarthy. Looks like that's happening.