IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

If he's allowed to move on, do we have another player that's capable of filling in across the midfield, I suppose Oviedo covers the left flank at a push and Lennon does similar on the right, highlights the need for that extra quality in the middle so that Davies can be used to spare him, Barry can be rotated, McCarthy reintroduced to build fitness, and Barkley not left out on a limb.

With Gueye on international duty, I can't see us offloading Cleverly without a midfielder actually signed to bolster the ranks centrally first.

No other youngster besides Davies. Young players very rarely make it, less than 5% was the last stat I read. If one player breaks through in a season that bucks the trend. Don't expect a second.

So this season Holgate and Davies, DCL was bought in so should be expected. You won't see another, add to that central midfield and central defence being higher pressure positions, won't happen.

Maybe I'm just negative again.

No other youngster besides Davies. Young players very rarely make it, less than 5% was the last stat I read. If one player breaks through in a season that bucks the trend. Don't expect a second.

So this season Holgate and Davies, DCL was bought in so should be expected. You won't see another, add to that central midfield and central defence being higher pressure positions, won't happen.

Maybe I'm just negative again.

makes complete sense steve, I don't keep up with who's the standouts of the youngsters so I'm not in the know.

I think against Leicester we should play the same formation as we played against Southampton and replace Gana with Cleverley, instead of taking backwards step and going with Barry when we know before he starts he's going to struggle, Cleverley is more mobile than Barry and if he doesn't cut the mustard at least it will answer the question whether to let go out on loan or keep him as backup.

I know most think he's wank and I'm no fan of his, and l have great respect for Barry he's done magnificent for this club but unfortunately he is starting to hurt us when he plays, and you never know he might surpass our expectations.

I think against Leicester we should play the same formation as we played against Southampton and replace Gana with Cleverley, instead of taking backwards step and going with Barry when we know before he starts he's going to struggle, Cleverley is more mobile than Barry and if he doesn't cut the mustard at least it will answer the question whether to let go out on loan or keep him as backup.

I know most think he's wank and I'm no fan of his, and l have great respect for Barry he's done magnificent for this club but unfortunately he is starting to hurt us when he plays, and you never know he might surpass our expectations.

Cleverley doesn't need minutes. Put Davies and Barkley in deep midfield, Mirallas and Deulofeu on the side, and play Valencia just behind Lukaku with 4 at the back. Cleverley needs a transfer to League 1.

Cleverley doesn't need minutes. Put Davies and Barkley in deep midfield, Mirallas and Deulofeu on the side, and play Valencia just behind Lukaku with 4 at the back. Cleverley needs a transfer to League 1.

I would go a long with that if it kept Barry out from starting, but Koeman is more than likely going to try and play the same formation as he did against Southampton and replace Gana with Barry.

I would go a long with that if it kept Barry out from starting, but Koeman is more than likely going to try and play the same formation as he did against Southampton and replace Gana with Barry.

I agree that it won't happen, but Christ I wish it would. Think Davies has the capability to play that Barry sweeper role but with more pace and drive to get forward. It would force Barkley to track back more than he probably ever will, but I've finally been won over that his best role is playing deeper and being able to drive in space, and now that he has that little bit of confidence from his good play in the past two matches, I think he might take advantage of that space.

:lol: even I don't think he's that bad!

He drives me insane. Honestly, watching a bunch of videos of Charlton play today in order to get a preview of Lookman, I think Cleverley might be a replacement-level player in the Championship and an asset in League One, as his only real skill is maintaining possession with sideways and backward passes.

Edited by nyblue23