IGNORED

Arsenal at Goodison

markjazzbassist

Only seen the last couple of posts....people are arguing? What? Why? Best performance of the season for me...we showed up and didn't bottle it...3-0 was flattering to them...so proud to be a blue today....4th or not that performance alone fills me with all the confidence i need...i love bein a blue..and today we should all feel the same

Stop being so condescending!

Anfield seems to be rocking these days...the bastards!!!

Been going games long enough to know that you just don't get atmosphere when you play the likes of Norwich, Cardiff, Stoke, Hull until the team starts smashing it. It's human nature shite games don't bring big atmosphere.

3-0 was flattering to them...so proud to be a blue today....4th or not that performance alone fills me with all the confidence i need...i love bein a blue..and today we should all feel the same

Not only was the game a 6-pointer, but goal difference counts double as well. This win added 6 points to our goal difference versus Arsenal, which could turn out to be important is, for example, we tie City.

question...

Are we at risk of losing Barkley for his push on Arteta?

BTW Arteta has proven to be a bit of a disgrace in his last two games against us. Gamesmanship, kissing the arsenal badge, elbows.

Dont think so. There has been no mention of it in the press?

Plus the ref seen it, usually when the ref see's it and takes no action then thats that.

Arteta...well Im in the school of thought if players get flack, they should be able to give it back. He did well for us, we got a good fee for him. Its his job now to do whatever he can for Arsenal. He owes us nothing. Thats just me, probably in the minority!!!

Dont think so. There has been no mention of it in the press?

Plus the ref seen it, usually when the ref see's it and takes no action then thats that.

Arteta...well Im in the school of thought if players get flack, they should be able to give it back. He did well for us, we got a good fee for him. Its his job now to do whatever he can for Arsenal. He owes us nothing. Thats just me, probably in the minority!!!

The fans had been very generous with Arteta when he came back to Goodison. It was that FA Cup game where he went too far.

Really good to see the players get in his face, I'm thinking that Big Dunc is giving them a little "stand no messing" lessons. £We have been far too nice at times.

By the way, reading some reports on the game made me remember some brill moments...

Coleman breaking with the ball, doing kick ups for almost half the pitch! That was insane!

Coleman, again, on the touchline did some sort of crazy flick trick which left his man well behind...magic!

Barkley in the area facing his man, touching the ball right to left foot 3 times before darting inside...cross went out for a thtow I think, but still!!!

Stones chasing back half the pitch and whacking in a great tackle on the byline...and getting a goal kick!

Osman losing an eye!!!

What else? There was definately more....

The fans had been very generous with Arteta when he came back to Goodison. It was that FA Cup game where he went too far.

Really good to see the players get in his face, I'm thinking that Big Dunc is giving them a little "stand no messing" lessons. £We have been far too nice at times.

Fair enough.

I like that Big Dunc idea...that would be amazing! As long as he aint telling them to throw hooks in the ribs and strangle em, no problem!

It was good to see some tough tackling return. We have missed that. And yeah, the Barkley/Baines moments were proud!!

question...

Are we at risk of losing Barkley for his push on Arteta?

BTW Arteta has proven to be a bit of a disgrace in his last two games against us. Gamesmanship, kissing the arsenal badge, elbows.

didn't they both get booked in all that? no retrospective if action has been taken

ah right saw arteta get booked and assumed he had booked them both...my bad!

Barkley not getting booked made me love the whole incident even more. Arteta swipes him with his elbow (he's prone to that when shielding the ball as we know), Barkley kicks out at him in retaliation and misses, then pushes Arteta on his arse, Baines has a few words with him and Arteta gets booked. Classic.