Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Leighton Baines

Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry

Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley

Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley

West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman

Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

Yeah, John Stones.

The boy just looks class for such a young defender. Love the way he carries the ball out. He uses those long strides to intercept.

Barkley did well. Small mention to Mirallas, he is frustrating but once again didnt stop. He shines more without another 'creative direct' player on.

Ross for me. Didnt stop all night and while not everything came off he should have been finishing that game with 2 assists and a goal.

Stones a close 2nd.

Barkley was terrible, absolutely terrible. He had so much of the ball but done absolutely nothing with it.

Barkley was terrible, absolutely terrible. He had so much of the ball but done absolutely nothing with it.

Was he bollocks. I have seen him play far worse and get far more praise for the performance he put in tonight. As I mentioned he should have had 2 assists and a goal walking off the pitch today.

distin, everyone is swooning over stones but i thought he was a liability on a couple of the goals. go back and watch each one and stones is either defending the guy scoring, or got beat by the guy who scored. sylvain was solid and composed at the back, was the only one that didn't have any glaring errors for me.

i also thought barkley did well. he was a defensive mid this time around so his offense went out the window, but that's how RM plays our CM's so that's what he wanted. i don't like him in that role i would rather have him attack, but he defended well and moved the ball up the pitch and tried to make some great passes, i'll take that anyday, but still want him in the attacking CM position.

Yet 3 other people have mentioned him as having a good game?

I really dont even know why I bother with you.

He had loads of the ball but definitely wasn't the best player on the pitch. I'll concede he wasn't anywhere near the worst. But Stones was hands down the best fella in a blue shirt.

Distin was ok, but again not his best game.

Was he bollocks. I have seen him play far worse and get far more praise for the performance he put in tonight. As I mentioned he should have had 2 assists and a goal walking off the pitch today.

Im with Bailey on this one.

Ross put effort in and created chances in a game of few chances. had efforts on goal, one of which was brilliantly saved. Set-up Mirralas with what some call a lucky pass... but to quote my old boss when shooting at goal and scoring off a bobble..."i shot at goal and it went in, what was lucky about that?"

The vision for that pass was excellent. Mirallas should have equalised from his chip over the defense too.

I honestly struggle to name a man of the match. I'm angry about the result but don't think we played that bad except for the defensive lapses and the final 3rd which when reading that back sounds slightly ridiculous.

I'm gonna have to vote none of the above.

I thought Stones was a class above everybody. his reading of the game for a 19 year old kid is astonishing. Some of his cross field passing was immaculate aswell. granted he will make mistakes regarding losing his man occasionally at set pieces etc but I think we have a world class player on our hands here. I remember when we signed him the Barnsley youth team coach (I think) said he will be englands best centre half. By the way on another note how shit was lukaku? he didn't do a thing all night

Can't work how how to vote on my iPhone but I would have gone for Barkley

Stones looked class for the most part but ultimately he cost us 2 goals so couldn't vote for him

Exactly this apart from I know how to vote on my i-phone and went with Ross.

He had loads of the ball but definitely wasn't the best player on the pitch. I'll concede he wasn't anywhere near the worst. But Stones was hands down the best fella in a blue shirt.

Distin was ok, but again not his best game.

Like others have said, Stones looks ultimately culpable for two of their three goals and whilst one was unlucky and he played a blinder still that alone is enough to warrant that he doesnt get MOTM.

Like others have said, Stones looks ultimately culpable for two of their three goals and whilst one was unlucky and he played a blinder still that alone is enough to warrant that he doesnt get MOTM.

I would point out that Stones can't play a blinder without the freedom to cost us goals too. It's part of the same package. He only plays well because he takes calculated risks, and you can't do that if you're forever worried about screwing up.

I would point out that Stones can't play a blinder without the freedom to cost us goals too. It's part of the same package. He only plays well because he takes calculated risks, and you can't do that if you're forever worried about screwing up.

In this instance though Cornish, it wasnt the taking risks that cost us, it was just basic defending. If he gets caught playing a ball out from the back or taking too many touches then fine, I understand thats the way we play and that is whats going to happen every now and then, but in this instance it wasnt.