IGNORED

What can make us Champions?

MC11

Looking at this seasons squad and where we are, what's missing for you? What is needed to take us to the next level, that being genuine title contenders.

Ross barkleys potential, kevis mirallas' consistency, sign barry for a season or two, a new winger for the left flank, to purchase a class striker and for kone to get back to fitness, stones to carry on his form and for gibson and nuts to get fit again!

Or just stick seamus coleman up front and watch the magic happen?

First of all, bring in a striker with killer instinct. Second, add more depth in midfield. Third, leverage our relationship with Barca and others to loan a couple more gems. Fourth, bring through two or three more from the youth program. Fifth, although there's not much around, get rid of the remaining deadwood. Sixth, make better commercial decisions so we can boost funding for the club. Seventh, ensure Martinez stays for several more years.

I was also thinking a lot relies on the potential of Barkley. He actually could take us to the next level. I just hope we don't roll over and sell him for a big fee. We've also got the best young English defender in our side. It's looking Rosie on that front. It needs to be built around those two.

Everyone knows my stance on Mirallas he put in a real shift today and I think Everton without him wouldn't be as good. A genuine bargain IMO and a huge improvement from his first season.

We definitely need that striker. I'd take Lukaku any day of the week but I also think you need two top strikers to win the league.

We need a striker like Lukaku, but with a touch less like that of an elephant and with Naismith's work rate.

Also, we could use another pacey winger and a tricky central player to help us unlock defenses that sit back against us.

Re-signing Barry or signing another DM is also a must.

A healthy and 90 minute playing Pienaar, a top rate striker, another defensive center mid, another pacy winger, and for less injuries. Give Barkley the platform to be creative and run that midfield and move baines eventually to center mid to be the English Lahm while Oviedo baby, Oviedo oooooooo destroys the left flank. I think this plan in 2-3 years time. Tyias beast mode browning at centre back rotating in and George green and Mcaleny tearing up our league cup and FA cup matches with goals galore.

Thinking long term here

Let's see... A goalscorer for one. Lukaku is not the answer regardless of price, his touch is shite. He's like an over grown 12 year old kid, in the team for size and strength. If we had a Suarez we could win the league... Seriously he is that valuable.

Barkley will kick on, stones is maturing by the year every week. Mirallas needs to find consistency, there are lots of positives. Let's see what magic Roberto can drum up in the transfer market.

With depth on the bench and without blowing a £100m I genuinely think just those two players below would have made a huge difference under a manager like Roberto and without breaking the bank.

We are defensively pretty well balanced and for me have just lacked that killer instinct in the final third in many games and as much as I'd like Lukaku here permanently I just think he will go for more then he's worth considering his all round game needs more work.

-------------------Howard

Coleman---Jagielka-----Stones---Baines

-----------McCarthy-----Barry

------------------Barkley

----Mirallas--------------------Ben Arfa

-------------------Remy

Bench: Robles Distin Oviedo Gibson Pienaar McGeady Kone/Bony

I think our back four and midfield are absolute quality, but our attacking options probably let us down a bit sometimes in terms of creativity and being clinical. We need 2 strikers of Lukaku's standard or better, and maybe a bit more depth, but I don't think we're that far away. Arsenal were well in the title race until what, three weeks ago? Now we're 1 point from them with 3 to play.

Question is just how high can Bobby take us without getting substantial investment? The scary thing is we've almost broken top four and its only his first season. Look what Arsenal, Tottenham & Man United have spent this season and we've matched or bettered all of them.

Edited by Pearso

Would like Ben arfa, bony and Remy. Prob cost 40-50m for the 3.

Agreed considering the threat and options all would bring in today's market it's not a bad sum of money albeit out of our reach...

Arfa is vastly underrated in my eyes and as said under a more astute manager like Roberto i would be pretty confident he could back to being the player he was prior to his injury and Remy and Bony have both shown they have what it takes also.

Ben Arfa cant get into the Newcastle team so no from me. I know Everybody is raving over the shite but for me look at Sahko. £14 million and he Is wank. Lets face it the the Shites back four is poor but they have amazing players up front. I think we need ball playing number ten to rival Barkley and two strikers. Pay big money for a striker and midfielder and use the loan for a second big striker. The rest spend on promising youngsters

Bony much better than Remy for me.

It truly believe for the title you need two top end strikers to split the load when the other hits a draught or becomes injured. When was the last title won without a real 25+ goal scorer or a 35+ partnership

It would require two world class players and a great season of one of the forwards.

The GK and defense are quite OK, they have flaws but who doesn't.

One world class midfielder substituting Barry (a midfield dynamo in the mould of Arturo Vidal or a great creator a la Fabregas) would allow the team to fully control the game, drag the team forward and also produce some goals and killer passes. I don't see Barkley making this huge leap just yet, although I'd be very pleased if he does.

A world class forward with killer instincts, that can put to bed the most complicated games by creating goals on his own. And by the most complicated games I don't mean the games against the top five opposition (at the moment I'd say the team fares quite well in the big games), I mean the games against bottom half opposition when it's 0-0 and doesn't look like you can score or those games when the opposition score and they defend packing the box.

Also, a good season by the other players, i.e.: no silly GK/CB mistakes, Baines keeps scoring 5-10 goals per season, Mirallas and Naismith contribute, etc.

Easy to see, impossible to get it done, unless Roberto signs a (cheap south american?) striker that turns out to be a wonderkid and an unknown (spanish/french/dutch?) midfielder that becomes unstoppable.

Bony much better than Remy for me.

It truly believe for the title you need two top end strikers to split the load when the other hits a draught or becomes injured. When was the last title won without a real 25+ goal scorer or a 35+ partnership

I'm a fan of both tbh but Remy has a better return in the Prem then Bony in a side that is less providing in my eyes then Swansea and if Bony is really 25 there's not much age difference between them plus it's another problem when it comes to the ACON

Remy is a much better footballer then both Lukaku and Bony who are in the mould of the hustle and bustle type forward and for me creates much more space and chances for himself then those two.

All ifs and buts but he's that kind of ilk that for me we should be looking at and regarding the comment on Ben Arfa not being good enough for Newcastle he's their best player one who if he recaptured his form would walk into most if not all teams in this league Pardew is a shit manager hardly the man to get the best from a player

Guest blueboy122

I'm a fan of both tbh but Remy has a better return in the Prem then Bony in a side that is less providing in my eyes then Swansea and if Bony is really 25 there's not much age difference between them plus it's another problem when it comes to the ACON

Remy is a much better footballer then both Lukaku and Bony who are in the mould of the hustle and bustle type forward and for me creates much more space and chances for himself then those two.

All ifs and buts but he's that kind of ilk that for me we should be looking at and regarding the comment on Ben Arfa not being good enough for Newcastle he's their best player one who if he recaptured his form would walk into most if not all teams in this league Pardew is a shit manager hardly the man to get the best from a player

Agreed with everything you said.

Remy is a far better footballer than Bony for me. Remy has also got that arrogant killer instinct about him.

Ben Arfa is a class act wouldn't be surprised to see him move this summer to maybe the shite.

I rate Ben Arfa I actually can't believe he went to Newcastle. However he's more hot and cold than Mirallas Edited by MiguelCotto

I have the feeling Ben Arfa could thrive under Martinez (but I have seen N'Zogbia and Cleverly excel under Martinez.)

I'd get Adam Johnson also (on a cheap fee, they're getting relegated and he must be getting high wages for a Championship club). He could open spaces in compacted defenses and should benefit from offensive football, although he's hardly the quality required to make the club champion!.

I rate Ben Arfa I actually can't believe he went to Newcastle. However he's more hot and cold than Mirallas

I did rate Ben Arfa up until his 1st season at the barcodes. Since then, hes done very little to convince me he was the player he was....